ayin jade

Question for you all regarding prayer

13 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I am curious. Ive been introspective lately.

Are there people you wont pray for? Or people you refuse to pray for if they ask for prayer?

Absolutely not.  Sometimes, however, I really don't know what to pray.  In those cases, when in my weakness I don't understand what to say, I trust in the words, "Father, Thy will be done."  Romans 8:26-27 teaches us, "Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weakness. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

Also, sometimes the sheer volume of requests is overwhelming, so we just have to trust in our Father to know the sufferings and needs of those who love Him, to know the hearts that are seeking Him, and to will in their lives as He sees fit.  

Prayer is a blessing afforded to us through the blood of Christ, so how CAN we refuse? 

14 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Are there people you wont pray for? Or people you refuse to pray for if they ask for prayer?

Prayer is literally "speak to authority" and it is also linked to words like plead, judgment, intercession, thick very dark darkness, late (in darkness), perform (wonder, wonderful, great action out of judgment), and to make something distinct. So your question is "pray for" and so that leads me to say "NO!" To pray for someone is to ask they accomplish their goals. If it's to sin and go against God, no way am I "praying for" them. I would pray against them in judgment prayer, intercession. Prayer is communication with our Authority, God, as we are ambassadors. So when I heard the VA governor say he's in favor of 40-week abortion (gestation period is only 39) I immediately started praying against him. Now he's being asked to step down, not because of that but because he was "blackfaced" in his youth and in a KKK robe. His lieutenant governor is accused of raping several women, and a third person (I can't remember what) all came out the day after his radio interview about abortion. If we do not act against these people we will suffer for it. It also speaks to the evil of society when they'll come with virtual pitchforks and torches against symbols but not against murder. America is about to get what it deserves and like Josiah, it's too late to repent, our sins of shedding innocent blood demands judgment.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

While I am imagining a problem with someone, I can tend not to first care about the person in prayer.

But as I get more into grace, I can readily bless people in prayer and not let them get to me.

4 hours ago, Abdicate said:

To pray for someone is to ask they accomplish their goals.

Well, not necessarily.  You can pray for someone's defeat if you know that their goals are not in line with God's purpose; you can pray for good to overcome evil in any situation. We should pray about everything.  

• This is Worthy 1

Jer 7:16  Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

did Jeremiah obey on this?... no.  God even commanded Jeremiah this very thing several times, not just this one scripture. 

now let us look on to the book of lamentations... Jeremiah is thought to be the author by many knowledgeable scholars... i to believe this... and what is the pattern of themes in lamentations?...   there are 6 major themes...  suffering was due to sin, sufferring was seen as coming from God rather than man, their suffering directed them to turn to God, suffering tears and prayer belonged together, thier prayer had hope and Gods discipline did not mean Gods love ceased to exist to them, their responsibility was to submit patiently to their suffering.  but what did Jeremiah get told by The Almighty?...

Jer 33:6  Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.
Jer 33:7  And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.
Jer 33:8  And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
Jer 33:9  And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.

there is no hope of repentance if there is no warnings, and God has been giving warnings.  They did the same things in Jeremiahs day we do now. killing babies.   if all we see is judgment and punishment we are missing the main thing.... His mercies and Love.  any punishment is for our good.  its to bring us to brokenness and humility.  to get us right with God.  God does not delight in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked repent, and turn to Him and live.  it is God who brings us to repentance, who makes us want to obey... and they repented even in lamentations.  once judgment starts it has been declared yes, but that does not mean there is no hope of restoration.  God will do anything to refine us and get our attention.  

• This is Worthy 1

21 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Are there people you wont pray for?

No.

21 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Or people you refuse to pray for if they ask for prayer?

No.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

22 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Hi ayin jade,

Good to think upon why and what we pray for. I believe true prayer is always birthed from the Holy Spirit and we need to come in line with that. Too often we pray emotional thoughts as to what we think would be good and for God to sort out the situation, etc. However, I believe we need to carefully seek the Lord as to what He is doing with that person, and what they really need, not just a happy fix or sort out another person etc.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

There was one time that God told me to stop praying for a person.  I don't even remember who it was, but my prayers were answered a few months later.   Sometimes I am led to to stop praying and start praising God for the answer.  

There are some subjects that I have greater compassion for the situations than others.  It doesn't matter who it is, it has to do with what they are praying for.   Often I pray that Gods will be done instead of praying as the people request.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1