• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe I have finally come to understand what a seared conscience looks like.
Once again debating abortion, where I said, "Murder is murder." This was the response I got.

"You can’t force someone to donate organs that may save someone’s life, you cannot force a woman to carry another life form against her will. 14th amendment guarantees body autonomy. You cannot force anyone to do anything with their body, regardless of who’s life they would save so unless you want to make it legal to strap people to a table and harvest organs to save children dying in hospitals...."

?

And then people wonder how a "loving God" could send people to Hell. Unless they repent....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, nebula said:

And then people wonder how a "loving God" could send people to Hell. Unless they repent.... 

Again,

John 3, 19  "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Women have a miraculous ability in child bearing.

They can do what no man has ever done.

People are so quick to equalize every one and every thing... when in fact we are unique

in our own ways as individuals and as a gender. We are of equal worth, but we are not one and the same.

My hat is off to women who bear the next generation of children as a ministry of God in its own right.

And this miraculous ability to gestate a human life / human lives blows my mind. There is no doubt

in anyone's mind when it is a desired pregnancy that what the woman carries is a human life. And that life

should be accorded the sanctity that all human life is.

A woman's choice whether to carry to term should be made before sex (when she runs the risk

of being impregnated). 

That being said, women have had (and men who forced women to have) an abortion can be forgiven.
Abortion is not the unpardonable sin. 

And often those who have done this did not realize at the time they were murdering their own child.

The lies they were told by the humanists or even the lies they told themselves... and they can be among the most hurting

people on Earth. They need the love of Christ (through us).

I believe we should be mindful of them when we make these pronouncements that Abortion is murder... but add: God can forgive and 

heal!

• Thumbs Up 1

The health of the mother and rape are arguments often used to justify all abortion.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't  know what side I would actually come down on given the 

legitimate claims of these situations. Most women I know would take the risk that God will keep them well, or that

the medical profession gets it wrong sometimes (and they do). And as far as rape goes... part of what makes rape so heinous

is that a woman can be impregnated by the rapist (adding that ruination to ruination).  I believe the death penalty was once the

law of the land for the rapist (if memory serves).

The root of the abortion problem is we have a fornication problem. Eliminate fornication and 99 %

of abortion will not exist.

Judeo-Christian marriage has been mocked and driven asunder long before homosexual marriage 

came on the scene. Heterosexuals (Christians among them) have sinned against marriage with 

adultery in marriage, fornication before marriage, encouraging and indulging is lustful behavior

(of both genders).... divorce and remarriage (serial monogamy)... and the ultimate result of all this

evil is the slaughter of the most innocent human beings in or near their mother's womb.

Edited by JohnD

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, nebula said:

"You can’t force someone to donate organs that may save someone’s life, you cannot force a woman to carry another life form against her will. 14th amendment guarantees body autonomy. You cannot force anyone to do anything with their body, regardless of who’s life they would save so unless you want to make it legal to strap people to a table and harvest organs to save children dying in hospitals...."

Even the insects protect their unborn, defending unborn life  even to their own death for that cause.  The self enlightened ones of humanity that will support murder of unborn and even murder  of the newborn  seem to have less awareness of what they do then even a common insect is blessed with by God. And yet without the Holy Spirit's guidance and calling so are "we" all (each individually) without much enlightenment as an insect commonly knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, nebula said:

to understand what a seared conscious looks like.

Hi, Perhaps it is  an example of what happens under strong delusion from God and a seared conscience. BUT; I think it is also as strongly a lacking within the as yet unborn of faith in Christ Jesus too. For awareness of God is lacking, it is  just an academic exercise, the thought of an eternal soul and of life in the flesh simply does not enter into the thought process. 

On a very personal level I sure did not understand  life eternal , flesh, spirit and soul, not until having been called to my own turning about to Jesus by the Holy Spirit could I even begin to comprehend. Till that time I had  pretty much the absence of rational thought on abortion. It is irrational to endorse or to tolerate it, and flat out dumb to call it a woman's issue of health, but I had no well founded awareness of that. 

I saw life end and it's consequence daily. It was my career while in the funeral industry. Yet the reality of death of the flesh  escaped my real attention until the Holy Spirit came and called to me to turn about and I was enlightened and indwelled by the Holy Spirit. I had no excuse, but I also had no capacity for understanding that which is Holy,  not in my personal state of depravity. By God's will alone I am now enabled to see the horror and error of my own mind's efforts without the Holy Spirit. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

14 hours ago, nebula said:

I believe I have finally come to understand what a seared conscious looks like.

I have to agree with this:  :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Sower said:

John 3, 19  "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

On the OP, this is a look from a different perspective heard at a recovery meeting not long ago from a woman who'd had an abortion. She was not a believer at the time, had no religious exposure as her parents were atheists, but still struggled with feelings of guilt about the abortion. She is a believer now and knows she's been forgiven for all her sins in Christ, but she described a very heavy emotional price a woman can pay for her "choice" to end a pregnancy. Turned out there were several women there that night that talked with her, and I'm pretty sure some babies lives were saved that night from what I heard later.

I think sometimes the price the woman pays after an abortion is something often neglected in the discussion. Other women I've heard speak describe similar experiences, and none of it is good. Some are so eaten up by the guilt, etc. that they commit suicide. 

A second thing I'll share has more to do with the seared conscience. It was a remark I overheard on a bus one afternoon while going to work and heard the whole conversation between 2 women. Toward the end of the convo one woman said to the other that she "had to get rid of another <explicative> baby" and was headed to the clinic. The cold determined way she said it got my attention. She said it in a tone and with body language that said she'd made the trip before. I don't want to know how many times. I have never heard a colder more determined tone of voice than what I heard that day, and I've been to and seen some rough stuff in my time.

Its a rough world out there, and not even the womb is a safe place.

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

baby3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1