IGNORED

Has Anyone Noticed That Time Seems To Have Accelerated?

ForHisGlory37

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if it was just me that noticed that time seems to have accelerated.  I remember counting and watching the seconds on a clock with a second hand. Do you remember saying One one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand, and so forth?  I used to think, Omy gosh, just to even count to 10 seconds takes forever!  But now when you count that way looking at a clock with the second hand, it is much faster, you can't count one one-thousand in the time that it moves.  Anyone have any opinions?  Thanks!

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

"Has Anyone Noticed That Time Seems To Have Accelerated?"

I feel the older I get, the less time there is in a day. But not really. It's just I can't accomplish as much in a day.   Anymore.
No, I don't think time has accelerated. It's just, I have decelerated........
default_cool2.gif.4f19ff1c8375b1cbe89a7fe9330ef067.gif

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sower said:

"Has Anyone Noticed That Time Seems To Have Accelerated?"

I feel the older I get, the less time there is in a day. But not really. It's just I can't accomplish as much in a day.   Anymore.
No, I don't think time has accelerated. It's just, I have decelerated........
default_cool2.gif.4f19ff1c8375b1cbe89a7fe9330ef067.gif

That is true, I feel there is not enough time in the day to get all that I want to accomplish!  As a kid, I thought it would take forever to grow up and now that I'm going to be hitting a milestone age this year, I am sort of in disbelief.  One thing that hasn't changed though is the fact that my parents still treat me like a little kid and I am almost half a century old!  LOL   ^_^

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,741
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

This is a devotional I wrote about this concept.

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/red-alert-ready

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I'm listening to "on the run" by Pink Floyd as I am reading this... LOL

Time... what a concept.

Dr. Russell Stannard does interesting blurbs about science (time is one of them).

Time is more or less the intervals of the ongoing present we call now. Ever forward.

We measure this and call it time. We think of the overall passing as time.

But like the old Rock band Chicago used to say... "Does anybody really know what time it is?"

Yeah... I'm a hippie from the original 70's Show... (below: me at 16).  Hard to believe that was 42

years ago...

Anyway, what is tricky is our perception of time.

Time is faster at higher altitudes (not so much that we would notice) but it is a proven fact time is

slowed down by gravity and the closer it is to a gravity well the slower it goes.

Some argue this is but an affect on the things we use to measure time... but relativity would

argue against that point.

I personally believe (which means nothing more than it satisfies me) that our perception of time quickens with age because we are reeling in the years, stowing away the time... things are no longer only a few years ago in our memory but decades ago...  we've settled into our ruts (routines) quite well and what used to seem like forever (like getting through the work day as a youth) now seems like hardly any time at all... and add a few days of that hardly any time at all and before you know it, it seems like the weeks go... Thursday, Friday Saturday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday... 

Just a mention... there is a reference in Matthew 24 about the days being shortened otherwise no flesh would be left alive... but I rather think it has to do with the Lord's patience than speeding time up. There is the long day of Joshua where the Lord made a day of battle last longer than normal... and IMHO that was when the orbit of the Earth was changed from a 360 day year to the present 365.25 day year to accommodate the Israeli victory.

Prenavy1975 copy.jpg

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

There is the long day of Joshua where the Lord made a day of battle last longer than normal... and IMHO that was when the orbit of the Earth was changed from a 360 day year to the present 365.25 day year to accommodate the Israeli victory.

Yes, JohnD. Of this it can be said either the velocity of the earth's orbit around the sun slowed or the distance of said orbit increased. Either way the division of a circle into 360 degrees, and hours and minutes into 60ths is related to early methods of calculating fractions based on the accepted 360 days of a year. (See below)  

Ancient Babylonians: hours and minutes

The subdivision of hours and minutes into 60 comes from the ancient Babylonians who had a predilection for using numbers to the base 60. For example, III II (using slightly different strokes) meant three times 60 plus two or 182.

"We have retained from the Babylonians not only hours and minutes divided into 60, but also their division of a circle into 360 parts or degrees," says Lomb.

"What we have not retained is their division of a day into 360 parts called 'ush' that each equalled four of minutes in our time system."

Lomb says it's likely that the Babylonians were interested in 360 because that was their estimate for the number of days in a year. Their adoption of a base 60 system was probably allowed them to make complex calculations using fractions.

Source: ABC Science: Why 24 Hours In A Day?

Some observers of the use of the number 6 in Scripture will enjoy this information. 6x6=36. 

1 hour ago, George said:

This is a devotional I wrote about this concept.

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/red-alert-ready

Thanks for sharing that George!  We definitely need to be aware of the time we are at!  I did see that eclipse when it happened.  It truly was an amazing sight and when it was dark and the sun was covered, it got cold!  Imagine the time when in Revelation it speaks of the sun not giving it's light!  I read that if an eclipse of the sun happens over a certain area, it means judgment from the Lord.  I believe it, you mentioned about the hurricane right after the eclipse that was devastating.  Psalm 104 says that God put the moon to show us the seasons, along with the sun, and the stars.  God always gives us warnings before He does them to give people a chance to repent.  Our God is long-suffering and merciful! \O/

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

I'm listening to "on the run" by Pink Floyd as I am reading this... LOL

Time... what a concept.

Dr. Russell Stannard does interesting blurbs about science (time is one of them).

Time is more or less the intervals of the ongoing present we call now. Ever forward.

We measure this and call it time. We think of the overall passing as time.

But like the old Rock band Chicago used to say... "Does anybody really know what time it is?"

Yeah... I'm a hippie from the original 70's Show... (below: me at 16).  Hard to believe that was 42

years ago...

Anyway, what is tricky is our perception of time.

Time is faster at higher altitudes (not so much that we would notice) but it is a proven fact time is

slowed down by gravity and the closer it is to a gravity well the slower it goes.

Some argue this is but an affect on the things we use to measure time... but relativity would

argue against that point.

I personally believe (which means nothing more than it satisfies me) that our perception of time quickens with age because we are reeling in the years, stowing away the time... things are no longer only a few years ago in our memory but decades ago...  we've settled into our ruts (routines) quite well and what used to seem like forever (like getting through the work day as a youth) now seems like hardly any time at all... and add a few days of that hardly any time at all and before you know it, it seems like the weeks go... Thursday, Friday Saturday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday... 

Just a mention... there is a reference in Matthew 24 about the days being shortened otherwise no flesh would be left alive... but I rather think it has to do with the Lord's patience than speeding time up. There is the long day of Joshua where the Lord made a day of battle last longer than normal... and IMHO that was when the orbit of the Earth was changed from a 360 day year to the present 365.25 day year to accommodate the Israeli victory.

Prenavy1975 copy.jpg

cool pic John! thanks for your input.  I know some people don't think the Book of Enoch has any credibility but I was listening to it the other day and it says that in the last days that time would go faster and the days would be shorter.  It also said that the plants and trees would not grow when they are supposed to grow.  That I have seen for my tomatoes and zuchinni and cucumbers have not been growing normally in the last few years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

7 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if it was just me that noticed that time seems to have accelerated.  I remember counting and watching the seconds on a clock with a second hand. Do you remember saying One one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand, and so forth?  I used to think, Omy gosh, just to even count to 10 seconds takes forever!  But now when you count that way looking at a clock with the second hand, it is much faster, you can't count one one-thousand in the time that it moves.  Anyone have any opinions?  Thanks!

@ForHisGlory37 Thanks. I thought I was the only one thinking like this. :) But now I don't feel as alone. For I have noticed these same things. When did you first recognize that it seemed as if time had sped up?

I don't know what this is but I feel like it may have something to do with the last days. I do think getting older (as in me, lol) is a sensible theory. Only thing is that I've talked to young people also noticing the acceleration of time. To me, this says it could be one of the signs of the times. Along with extreme weather and rapidly increasing wickedness (out in the open/in your face.)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom everyone

I certainly feel like "time", as man records it, has become out of sync with true time. I know that sounds weird but the seasons seem all over the place. Cold summers, warm winters, early summers, short springs, late winters... 

In fact, it recently feels like there is multiple run through of yearly seasons in one "man year". 

I can't remember the last year that had a synchronised spring, summer, autumn and winter - each with equal length. 

I sound so strange! ?

Love & Shalom

• This is Worthy 2