IGNORED

Has Anyone Noticed That Time Seems To Have Accelerated?

ForHisGlory37

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

8 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom everyone

I certainly feel like "time", as man records it, has become out of sync with true time. I know that sounds weird but the seasons seem all over the place. Cold summers, warm winters, early summers, short springs, late winters... 

In fact, it recently feels like there is multiple run through of yearly seasons in one "man year". 

I can't remember the last year that had a synchronised spring, summer, autumn and winter - each with equal length. 

I sound so strange! ?

Love & Shalom

@Tzephanyahu :)I don't think you sound strange. You said it better than I could've. I've observed this oddity, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

my grandfathers thought the same thing along with my father and mother.   As we get older time seems to speed up.....    seems like last month we celebrated our anniversary, but hey I'm 71 and that age when my parents and grand parents felt the same way...… 

But my grandkids 9 and 6 tell me that the clock is running slow and it's been forever since Christmas....    I do think it is just built into our nature.   I can not explain why it is perceived the way it seems to be.   Maybe our brain's software works like windows and the longer it's on the slower it runs....   maybe time isn't speeding up, maybe we're slowing down.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

time flies when you are having fun....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom everyone

I certainly feel like "time", as man records it, has become out of sync with true time. I know that sounds weird but the seasons seem all over the place. Cold summers, warm winters, early summers, short springs, late winters... 

In fact, it recently feels like there is multiple run through of yearly seasons in one "man year". 

I can't remember the last year that had a synchronised spring, summer, autumn and winter - each with equal length. 

I sound so strange! ?

Love & Shalom

Hello Tzephanyahu,  you definitely don't sound strange!  Everything is different!  The winters, the summers...everything!  Every year the winters and summers are different....I have noticed that!  I believe God is letting us snow that something is coming......

blessings

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I just did the "one thousand one" thing with my clock in my den.  My oral counting and the clocks ticking here in sync.

From my math-teaching experience, perspective changes.  When you are five years old and can't WAIT for Christmas, a year is 20% of your life at that age.  Time crawls!  When  you are 40 and can't BELIEVE it's soon going to be Christmas again, a year is only 2.5% of your life.  

Years become worth less and less - speaking in relation to your whole life.

We have the standard winter, spring, summer, and fall here - but within those seasons can and do come some outlier days that are wonky!

As for the book of Enoch.....what can I say that I have not already said.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if it was just me that noticed that time seems to have accelerated.  I remember counting and watching the seconds on a clock with a second hand. Do you remember saying One one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand, and so forth?  I used to think, Omy gosh, just to even count to 10 seconds takes forever!  But now when you count that way looking at a clock with the second hand, it is much faster, you can't count one one-thousand in the time that it moves.  Anyone have any opinions?  Thanks!

Not really, except for the escalators, why did "they"  speed them up, and slow the moving walkways down? I think "they" just love to mess with my back. I couldn't make it before and I still can't make it from one flight to another at Atlanta without  double timing it on the moving walkways. Gangway,  gangway, got to catch a flight; thanks, thanks, thanks, gangway- 

• Haha 2

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,675
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Congratulations, youve grown old lol

• Haha 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

3 minutes ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

Congratulations, you've grown old lol

You beat me to it.  :laugh:

The universe seems to go on "fast forward" the older you get. I hate that. lol

• Haha 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I agree.....a week now seems like absolutely nothing.......

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/9/2019 at 1:54 AM, Michael37 said:

Yes, JohnD. Of this it can be said either the velocity of the earth's orbit around the sun slowed or the distance of said orbit increased. Either way the division of a circle into 360 degrees, and hours and minutes into 60ths is related to early methods of calculating fractions based on the accepted 360 days of a year. (See below)  

Ancient Babylonians: hours and minutes

The subdivision of hours and minutes into 60 comes from the ancient Babylonians who had a predilection for using numbers to the base 60. For example, III II (using slightly different strokes) meant three times 60 plus two or 182.

"We have retained from the Babylonians not only hours and minutes divided into 60, but also their division of a circle into 360 parts or degrees," says Lomb.

"What we have not retained is their division of a day into 360 parts called 'ush' that each equalled four of minutes in our time system."

Lomb says it's likely that the Babylonians were interested in 360 because that was their estimate for the number of days in a year. Their adoption of a base 60 system was probably allowed them to make complex calculations using fractions.

Source: ABC Science: Why 24 Hours In A Day?

Some observers of the use of the number 6 in Scripture will enjoy this information. 6x6=36. 

Yeppers. And this is whee the Kaaba got it's 360 gods and temples before Mohammed smashed them and slew their priests

for the "monotheistic" al ylah (the moon god).