• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Psalm 34:8 (NASB)
O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

“Oh taste and see the Lord is good”

This scripture can only be understood as a call to know God by experience. 

It is by experience that God’s heart would have His children to know Him, so no doubting could and would exist. Faith and trust in Him is what His heart longs for, it is also what the human heart longs for, for it is the only thing that will cause the human heart to truly be at rest. For the heart that can and would fully take refuge in Him.....is the heart that would fully trust in His love for it.

A heart that could and would fully give itself over to God, is a heart that would be willing to give up its preconceived notions of what it thinks to be right and wrong, for this is what self’s claim to fame is, self claiming to know right from wrong. To give up this self-righteous knowledge of right and wrong to be filled with what God says is right and wrong. For right and wrong are all things. It is knowing right from wrong that all humanity is called to. This is not what is right and wrong in man’s eyes, but right and wrong in God’s eyes, for it truly being that which is the eternal right and the eternal wrong. This is Divine understanding,  seeing right and wrong from God’s perspective. This is where the foundation and security of the believers faith, that nothing can touch or harm, is to be found.  This Divine knowledge  of right from wrong,  is that which the gates of hell can not prevail over. For it is the strength of eternal right that will prevail over all its enemies. For God loves the eternal right, which is what righteousness is. The heart that would be ruled by such, is a heart that can never be defeated,  lose it’s joy, lose its peace or absolutely never ever lose it’s God. Oh to have a heart in us, such as this. 

“Blessed be the man who’s God is the Lord who’s heart is stayed on Thee.”

God being the Eternal Good. To taste and see this Eternal Good is to taste and see the Eternal God. Oh to have a heart that would long to know God by experience is a heart that longs to, taste and see. 

“God, you are God, and you are good. Cause us to know you in all reality and all truth.....Cause us to taste and see”

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, SelahSong said:

@Not meA3CC2482-F7ED-415A-9AFE-0B4928AD322A.gif.e8d629666d3c4dc7a977084e41b8693c.gif

AMEN!

I love Psalm 34:8! Thank you so much for yet another great post, Not me, and truly an early morning blessing for me. And we know where we can taste and see that the Lord is good!  

Psalm 119:103 tells us: “How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” 

In our Father’s Word, we can taste of God’s goodness and see that He is Lord!

0AD41E26-9433-4C1E-93B4-F5134F340864.gif.0da54b4ebb501fdbfe60930679a4befb.gifSelah

Yes, God is good. Another day to grow closer to Him! :)

blessings, 

1 hour ago, PromisesPromises! said:

What a beautiful scripture for meditation!  Thank you for highlighting it today.  Our present world is full of the deafening roar of unwanted words: false ideas, talking heads, tweets, blogs, fake news, unsocial social media, unholy advertisements, biased teachings, rhetoric meant to corrupt, rhetoric meant to deceive, rhetoric NOT from the Father.  

What a blessing the truth of the Word is!  If only everyone would just "taste and see"!

When the prophet was discouraged because of God's extreme displeasure with His people and His plans to send them into captivity, Jeremiah said to the Lord, "Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts" (Jeremiah 15:16). 

He not only tasted, but also devoured!  Thanks be to God for His "holy words long preserved for our walk in this world."  We desperately need them.

Your more than welcome PromisesPromises!

It is a sad but true thing that there are so many around that would want to raise their voices  against the knowledge of God.

If we can do as Jeremiah did, getting God’s Word in our innermost being where they can become Spirit and Life in us. Is the one thing that is necessary. Being able to recognize and hear the Words of Life being spoken in our hearts whereby we can grow. 

Scripture says;

Isaiah 30:15 (NKJV)
~~~~~~In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." 

Quietness and confidence to the Words of Life that have become Spirit and truth in us. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

NotMe you are a blessing to me.  I truly appreciate the deposit of treasures He's placed in your heart and your willingness to share them, treasures both old and new!   Thankyou for your service soldier!

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

48 minutes ago, Jostler said:

NotMe you are a blessing to me.  I truly appreciate the deposit of treasures He's placed in your heart and your willingness to share them, treasures both old and new!   Thankyou for your service soldier!

Thank you for the kind words Jostler. Growing in Christ is that which makes for life. 

Blessings,,