• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Thank you sister for this post!  I hope you don't mind but I am going to copy and paste it and then make a real copy to have in my hands!  :D

blessings!

I talked to our daughter about fasting and that is why I'm studying this topic, it is very interesting to learn what the Bible says about it, and it's interesting to know the foods which are mentioned in the Bible, maybe I do ask George to pin this as  Tzephanyahu suggested :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, angels4u said:

I talked to our daughter about fasting and that is why I'm studying this topic, it is very interesting to learn what the Bible says about it, and it's interesting to know the foods which are mentioned in the Bible, maybe I do ask George to pin this as  Tzephanyahu suggested :)

I've become more aware of fastings in the last two years and I believe we are called to fast.  I don't think the churches teach enough on this subject.  The most I  have able to fast without drinking or eating was three days and if it is Spirit led, it is doable.  I do believe that if you receive your answer before the time you allotted to fast, it is more difficult! Because you got your answer! LOL 

We as a nation need to be fasting and praying more.  I will have to try those other fasts that you have written here.  Thanks again Angels! Please keep me posted on how your fasting and praying goes!  When you share, it exhorts us all to do the same.  :D

Edited by ForHisGlory37
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

"The heart of fasting is about our longing for more of God" -John Piper

We should pray and fast .    But I would not be doing my duty if  I did not warn us ,  FLEE JOHN PIPER and NEVER LOOK BACK   .   I mean don't even glance back .

That man needs to be fled .   And his buds too ,  rick warren and others . 

This 98 minute interview that I did with Rick Warren was recorded on May 1, 2011, during the Desiring God Regional Conference at Saddleback Church. It's the fulfillment of a commitment we made when Rick was not able to come in person to the Desiring God National Conference in Minneapolis in October, 2010.

The nature of the interview is mainly doctrinal. I read Rick’s The Purpose Driven Life with great care. I brought 20 pages of quotes and questions to the interview. You will hear me quote the book dozens of times. With these quotes as a starting point I dig into Rick’s mind and heart on all the issues listed below (with the times that they begin on the video).

My aim in this interview is to bring out and clarify what Rick Warren believes about these biblical doctrines. In doing this my hope is that the thousands of pastors and lay people who look to Rick for inspiration and wisdom will see the profound place that doctrine has in his mind and heart

THATS JOHN PIPERS INTERVIEW with RICKY WARREN .   FLEE THEM and never look back .   

I had to bring the proof .  

Okay back to the fasting topic now .   

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

This 98 minute interview that I did with Rick Warren was recorded on May 1, 2011, during the Desiring God Regional Conference at Saddleback Church. It's the fulfillment of a commitment we made when Rick was not able to come in person to the Desiring God National Conference in Minneapolis in October, 2010.

The nature of the interview is mainly doctrinal. I read Rick’s The Purpose Driven Life with great care. I brought 20 pages of quotes and questions to the interview. You will hear me quote the book dozens of times. With these quotes as a starting point I dig into Rick’s mind and heart on all the issues listed below (with the times that they begin on the video).

My aim in this interview is to bring out and clarify what Rick Warren believes about these biblical doctrines. In doing this my hope is that the thousands of pastors and lay people who look to Rick for inspiration and wisdom will see the profound place that doctrine has in his mind and heart

THATS JOHN PIPERS INTERVIEW with RICKY WARREN .   FLEE THEM and never look back .   

I had to bring the proof .  

Okay back to the fasting topic now .   

I agree, we have to be very careful with false teachers in the days we live in .

Now friend, do you have something to add to the topic of this thread?

• Praise God! 1

8 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I agree, we have to be very careful with false teachers in the days we live in .

Now friend, do you have something to add to the topic of this thread?

Yes , that we should fast .     Now lift those hands up angels and praise the Lord .   OH let us fast unto the Lord and praise His Name .

• Praise God! 2

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

there are key principles to fasting, many of which are outlined in this thread.  but i want to point out one thing... food is allowed.  now what does The Book say concerning food and drink?.,.

1Co 10:31  Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

now this verse is really speaking to what is sacrificed to idols.. but that really just emphasizes my point exponentially.   the heart of fasting is to honor God or its like a piano thats out of tune.  the melody maybe right but it just aint quite right.  something is a little bit off. 

two ways i fast.  no food only water, and i do this for more than a day.  and the other is a fast for a day.  some folks like this one lady i know she says she fasts from eating chocolates.  she loves that chocolate.  for me thats not a fast, but to her she is denying herself something that is allowed.  and she does it in a way thats honoring God.  so to her she honors God just as i do when i go three days with only water.  how she fasts is between her and God.  only water for days at a time is not for every one, and in fact could kill some people.  so wisdom must be used in fasting.  but when i have fasted water only i experienced an extreme closeness to God.  the fellowship was very rich.  does this mean everyone will experience this or that even i will experience this every time i fast?... nope. 

as missmuffet said its not commanded, but there can be benefits and not just spiritual.  some times fasting will boost your immune system.  your body will clean out toxins stored up.  there are physical health benefits as well. 

i have heard and read many saying this passage below disproves fastings importance but i will highlight a few things to meditate on. 

Isa 58:1  Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Isa 58:2  Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
Isa 58:3  Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
Isa 58:4  Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
Isa 58:5  Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
Isa 58:6  Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Isa 58:7  Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isa 58:8  Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Isa 58:9  Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Isa 58:10  And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
Isa 58:11  And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Isa 58:12  And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Isa 58:13  If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Isa 58:14  Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

what people look at mostly in this passage starts in verse 6 where it begins talking about loose the bands of wickedness... but what about the previous verses?  the verses where the prophet is to expose their transgression?  because most who read this are unaware of what these transgressions are they read over it and pay no mind.  however, it says in verse 3 they found pleasure in their day of fasting.  they did what they wanted.  they served self.... not God... they did not honor God in this.  next it says they exact all your labors... what on Gods green earth does this mean?...  it means exacted the labors of their servants or the money of their debtors.  this is in a non graceful, non-merciful way... they did not shew mercy as God had once shown them.  and the parable comes to mind where someone was given time in mercy to pay... he said give me time and i will pay you all i owe.  and mercy was given... but then he went to those who owed them and didnt show mercy.  demanding whole and immediate payments. 

you see, if our fast isnt honoring God he wont take notice... our voice will not be heard on High... but what is implied here is that God does indeed honor our fasts when our actions to our neighbors is righteousness in Gods eyes.... and then our health shall spring forth speedily... our light shall break forth as the morning, our righteousness shall go before us, and the glory of The LORD shall be our reward.  so as it says in 1cor 10:31... let ALL we do be to the glory of God.  the passage from Isaiah even starts out talking about how the people honored God with their lips but their hearts were not right.  fasting is for big boys and girls... not those still on milk.  there is a principle to it.  Honoring God.  if in your heart that isnt there you may as well just eat.  and I am not saying this to condemn anyone... maybe fasting isnt your thing.  but to those who it is their thing and its done right... its purely to Honor God. 

basically if we aint living right our fasting is pointless because God wont hear or notice.  He wont honor us if we do not honor Him.  A relationship is not a one way street. 

God speed. 

Mr Ed  Zach Lee.     now say that THREE TIMES FAST .  EDZACHLEE.  

• Haha 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

3 hours ago, Cletus said:

there are key principles to fasting, many of which are outlined in this thread.  but i want to point out one thing... food is allowed.  now what does The Book say concerning food and drink?.,.

1Co 10:31  Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

now this verse is really speaking to what is sacrificed to idols.. but that really just emphasizes my point exponentially.   the heart of fasting is to honor God or its like a piano thats out of tune.  the melody maybe right but it just aint quite right.  something is a little bit off. 

two ways i fast.  no food only water, and i do this for more than a day.  and the other is a fast for a day.  some folks like this one lady i know she says she fasts from eating chocolates.  she loves that chocolate.  for me thats not a fast, but to her she is denying herself something that is allowed.  and she does it in a way thats honoring God.  so to her she honors God just as i do when i go three days with only water.  how she fasts is between her and God.  only water for days at a time is not for every one, and in fact could kill some people.  so wisdom must be used in fasting.  but when i have fasted water only i experienced an extreme closeness to God.  the fellowship was very rich.  does this mean everyone will experience this or that even i will experience this every time i fast?... nope. 

as missmuffet said its not commanded, but there can be benefits and not just spiritual.  some times fasting will boost your immune system.  your body will clean out toxins stored up.  there are physical health benefits as well. 

i have heard and read many saying this passage below disproves fastings importance but i will highlight a few things to meditate on. 

Isa 58:1  Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Isa 58:2  Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
Isa 58:3  Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
Isa 58:4  Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
Isa 58:5  Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
Isa 58:6  Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Isa 58:7  Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isa 58:8  Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Isa 58:9  Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Isa 58:10  And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
Isa 58:11  And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Isa 58:12  And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Isa 58:13  If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Isa 58:14  Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

what people look at mostly in this passage starts in verse 6 where it begins talking about loose the bands of wickedness... but what about the previous verses?  the verses where the prophet is to expose their transgression?  because most who read this are unaware of what these transgressions are they read over it and pay no mind.  however, it says in verse 3 they found pleasure in their day of fasting.  they did what they wanted.  they served self.... not God... they did not honor God in this.  next it says they exact all your labors... what on Gods green earth does this mean?...  it means exacted the labors of their servants or the money of their debtors.  this is in a non graceful, non-merciful way... they did not shew mercy as God had once shown them.  and the parable comes to mind where someone was given time in mercy to pay... he said give me time and i will pay you all i owe.  and mercy was given... but then he went to those who owed them and didnt show mercy.  demanding whole and immediate payments. 

you see, if our fast isnt honoring God he wont take notice... our voice will not be heard on High... but what is implied here is that God does indeed honor our fasts when our actions to our neighbors is righteousness in Gods eyes.... and then our health shall spring forth speedily... our light shall break forth as the morning, our righteousness shall go before us, and the glory of The LORD shall be our reward.  so as it says in 1cor 10:31... let ALL we do be to the glory of God.  the passage from Isaiah even starts out talking about how the people honored God with their lips but their hearts were not right.  fasting is for big boys and girls... not those still on milk.  there is a principle to it.  Honoring God.  if in your heart that isnt there you may as well just eat.  and I am not saying this to condemn anyone... maybe fasting isnt your thing.  but to those who it is their thing and its done right... its purely to Honor God. 

basically if we aint living right our fasting is pointless because God wont hear or notice.  He wont honor us if we do not honor Him.  A relationship is not a one way street. 

God speed. 

basically if we aint living right our fasting is pointless because God wont hear or notice.  He wont honor us if we do not honor Him. 

This is a very good point ,if we have sin in our heart it will not do us any good to fast or do anything, first things first, repent from sins.

Psalm 66:18, "If I regard wickedness in my heart, the Lord will not hear."

Proverbs 1:28-29, “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they shall not find me, 29 Because they hated knowledge, And did not choose the fear of the Lord.

Isaiah 59:2

2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God,

And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.

James 4:3

3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.

1 John 1:9

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

• Praise God! 2

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

glory glory hallelujah...  sing it now... since i layed my burdens down... 

I came to Jesus, weary, worn, and sad.
He took my sins away, He took my sins away.
And now His love has made my heart so glad,
He took my sins away.

He took my sins away, He took my sins away,
And keeps me singing every day!
I’m so glad He took my sins away,
He took my sins away.

The load of sin was more than I could bear.
And now on Him I roll my ev’ry care,
He took my sins away

No condemnation have I in my heart,
His perfect peace He did to me impart,
He took my sins away

If you will come to Jesus Christ today,
He’ll take your sins away, He’ll take your sins away,
And keep you happy in His love each day,
He’ll take your sins away.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

would you be so kind as to elaborate?  i do not know an ed zach lee and i just felt something whoomf... right over my head. 

edit:  nevermind.  i get it.  lol.  i had to say it more than threee times tho.  thats funny. 

pronounce it real fast .    You should hear the sound , Exactly or close to it .    Exactly Cletus .    Exactly .   Now hands up and praise the Lord .

• Haha 1