angels4u

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Cletus is right that there are other things that one can fast from other than food.  Last year I felt burdened to fast from two things that I really enjoyed doing.  I felt that the Holy Spirit was saying that these things could be an idol.  So I fasted from those two things for almost a year now.  One was my all time favorite PC strategy game, and the other was watching my Korean Dramas.   I did not play my game but could not bring myself to delete it completely.  I thought in my heart that I could play it once in awhile.  But as I continued my fast from the game (it has been almost one year now)  I felt convicted that I must really redeem the time and I have no more time to squander  with "childish" things.  I told my husband that I was thinking of deleting the game, he said that he didn't think it was wrong to play once in awhile and there was no harm.  Then the Holy Spirit gave me the response, What if we know the ship we are on was sinking, would you want to say, oh, let me play this game?  I believe that is how the Holy Spirit was showing me what situation we are in.  These are the last days, things are coming to a head.  I don't have time to mess around anymore. 

I have since deleted my game.  I don't have the desire to play anymore.  I have not watched any Korean Dramas..... I am trying to redeem my time by reading my Bible and praying.  Fasting is another thing too that I have been burdened to do..... sometimes it's very hard and other times it is easier.  Either way, one needs to be specific about what they are asking the Lord.  We don't receive because we don't ask... but by asking, seeking, and knocking we can get answers.

Each time I've fasted, my body has reacted differently.  As long as it is done to honor the Lord, He will help you through the fast!  There was 3 days that I fasted from both water and food.  I did feel closer to the Lord spiritually and that it made me more aware, um, I don't know how to say this... I guess of spiritual things?

Jesus even said that certain strongholds can only be brought down by prayer and fasting.  Maybe that is what many of us Christians need to do to bring down the strongholds that have entangled this nation.   

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Cletus is right that there are other things that one can fast from other than food.  Last year I felt burdened to fast from two things that I really enjoyed doing.  I felt that the Holy Spirit was saying that these things could be an idol.  So I fasted from those two things for almost a year now.  One was my all time favorite PC strategy game, and the other was watching my Korean Dramas.   I did not play my game but could not bring myself to delete it completely.  I thought in my heart that I could play it once in awhile.  But as I continued my fast from the game (it has been almost one year now)  I felt convicted that I must really redeem the time and I have no more time to squander  with "childish" things.  I told my husband that I was thinking of deleting the game, he said that he didn't think it was wrong to play once in awhile and there was no harm.  Then the Holy Spirit gave me the response, What if we know the ship we are on was sinking, would you want to say, oh, let me play this game?  I believe that is how the Holy Spirit was showing me what situation we are in.  These are the last days, things are coming to a head.  I don't have time to mess around anymore. 

I have since deleted my game.  I don't have the desire to play anymore.  I have not watched any Korean Dramas..... I am trying to redeem my time by reading my Bible and praying.  Fasting is another thing too that I have been burdened to do..... sometimes it's very hard and other times it is easier.  Either way, one needs to be specific about what they are asking the Lord.  We don't receive because we don't ask... but by asking, seeking, and knocking we can get answers.

Each time I've fasted, my body has reacted differently.  As long as it is done to honor the Lord, He will help you through the fast!  There was 3 days that I fasted from both water and food.  I did feel closer to the Lord spiritually and that it made me more aware, um, I don't know how to say this... I guess of spiritual things?

Jesus even said that certain strongholds can only be brought down by prayer and fasting.  Maybe that is what many of us Christians need to do to bring down the strongholds that have entangled this nation.   

Let every man , woman , child , caballo , donkey , tree, fish , bird , let all of heaven and earth rejoice iN THE LORD .    HE is working on my loved sister as HE works on all who love Him .

Hands up sister .  YOU RIGHT on sister .  Spot right on .    Oh let all feast on that bible only more , pray more , exhort more , do what we have been called to do and do it faithfully

n and out of season .    Oh let the lambs , by the grace of our LORD , exhort one another only more as we see the day approaching .

Hands up and praise the Lord .

• Praise God! 1