• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Go and replenish the earth- well if that is the goal then I think our task may be nearly done.

" And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Least around here we have replenished to capacity and perhaps beyond. I feel like an ant might feel carrying yet another grain of earth up to the top of the pile, the anthill.

I left the city of LA decades ago moved to the country the lush jungle like country right next to a forest ranger observation tower by a scenic highway and a dirt road into an orange grove. Now that tower is long gone, over 700 storefronts have replaced the forest, the roads are four and six lane divided blvds. with overpasses and underpasses and frontage roads and u-turn lanes, and nasty two left turn lanes and two right turn lanes all making giant asphalt scars on the terrain.

I just bought one inch thick ridged foam insulation to fill in my bedroom windows spaces totally blocking out light and sound. I got a full night's sleep the last two nights! Haven't had sleep so sound in years. Woke up thinking this must be what  hibernating feels like to a bear, it is wonderful. 

The final straw after years of living by the fire station and it's sirens, and having the police station move next to the fire station with the near constant testing of patrol car sirens and lights, has been the local ambulance service moving in to the area and now using the road next to my house for nearly all of their runs to the hospital just down the blvd.

Whoa, too much noise! So I have bought out of State in the woods. Only to find that area is now on the top ten list of places to move into in the USA. Everyone here seems to be visiting there and buying a place to live. My bank teller just bought there  this week. Since I bought  on the far back side of the area away from the local town maybe it will be country-like for much of the rest of my potential lifespan.

And then maybe just maybe it is but another sign of the times, in this time of signs. Maybe we have already replenished this earth.

ps- Did I mention the police open air shooting range replaced the golf range just  a mile away? They now train every week with  many cities using it and a monthly SWAT team gathering for their automatic weapons training with many tens of thousands of rounds of ammo being blasted from morning to late at night? Almost makes me yearn for the old days of  strawberry fields with the helicopters hovering over the rows all night trying to keep the berries from freezing over back in the good old days of Orange County Ca. living; back when the Huey's started flying over my house to land at Los Alamitos during the Vietnam era and the C-130s would come in right  on top of my home with the newest refugees. The strawberries are all now gone and Little Saigon, as the street signs now call the place, is there with  dense population, and more noise, and even barbed wire over the street sign posts to help keep people from stealing the aluminum. Yep maybe just maybe we have replenished to nearly the max.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

People are moving to the country. I live in the country and the two lane country road that used to be traveled seldom is now busy with many cars. 

They paved paradise 
And put up a parking lot

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Yep, and they (We, including I guess me) all are putting up Little Pink Houses ( Well actually, simulated log cabins ).

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

One day soon  man will scarce on the earth. After the tribulation there will be a big drop. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

One day soon  man will scarce on the earth. After the tribulation there will be a big drop. 

For sure. Some by death. Some to eternal life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

As a small town midwesterner, the inward movement of people scares me. I have always lived in small towns, and I know enough to realize that it seems like, the more people there are, the more crazy and criminal the people seem to get. It's like they get this idea that they're just one in a million, so "who would ever know?" There's a town right next to mine that's been growing quickly for the past year or so, with news indicating that they plan on expanding further. Likewise, drug-busts have increased 2.5 fold, and that city has kids killing each other over shoddy drug deals. My own town has grown a bit, and day after day, it seems like the sound of police sirens gets ever more frequent. I've also seen far too many weirdos around here than I ever hoped to.

I like the peace and the quiet of a small town. A person needs quiet time, a time to reflect. I always lock up anyway, but I don't remember being so paranoid before. That, and since many of the folks are from the coastal regions, they're almost certainly liberal. Not that being a liberal automatically makes a person unreasonable, but you do certainly have many extremes out there these days (admittedly on the right side also).

The fear is in me that, one day soon, small town america will no longer exist. I won't be able to escape the croud, the criminals, the freaks... It leaves me ill-at-ease.