IGNORED

Books that feed me

For now Corrie Ten Boom. I love her books and i feel such growth  and direction frim reading them. Amazing inspiring woman. This is how i like my knowledge to grow, to underpin my faith and prayers. Direct and filled with love. Not self glorification as some authors do. How to serve God and give Him the glory. I love every sentence she wrote.. I marvel at her travels even in old age. 

Anyone read them? Who else would you recommend as wonderfully straightforward scriptural teachings?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Anyone read them? Who else would you recommend

I find biographical books difficult because they so rarely show the down side of life, Corries does try to do that.

one biography I'd recommend is 'Missing believed Killed by Margret Hayes. You can get it from dayone publications.

Suggestion alternate these sort of books with more challenging theological books and do take what ever you're reading in to work to read at lunch time, as it can generate conversations.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

For now Corrie Ten Boom. I love her books and i feel such growth  and direction frim reading them. Amazing inspiring woman. This is how i like my knowledge to grow, to underpin my faith and prayers. Direct and filled with love. Not self glorification as some authors do. How to serve God and give Him the glory. I love every sentence she wrote.. I marvel at her travels even in old age. 

Anyone read them? Who else would you recommend as wonderfully straightforward scriptural teachings?  

Tozer books are exhorting, to me anyway. I had always been excited to read the scriptures after reading a Tozer article. Many of his books are articles he wrote as an editor of a Christian publication so short chapters and a point being made in less fluffy writing can be expected. 

I had liked his book, "The Counsellor".  Read it years ago, it's about the Holy Spirit.              

Thanks for posting, I have a trunk of books I know a few Tozer books rest in. I need to dig them out. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Who else would you recommend as wonderfully straightforward scriptural teachings?  

Charles Haddon Spurgeon.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

GOD’S WILL: our dwelling place by Andrew Murray

This book impacted me to such a degree that God granted me a deep repentance. He sums the book up with the following:

Oh, the glory of the will of God! In Him who sits upon the throne! In the Universe which He created to show forth that will! In the heavenly hosts who worship before the throne, where that will is enthroned in glory! In the Beloved Son, who came as man to do that will on earth! In the heart of the believer, who has yielded his life to be conformed to it! In the Church, through which that will is working out its eternal purpose in the world! Oh, the glory of the will of God! Let us gaze, worship, and give glory to God until the will of God rules the throne of our heart as the throne of heaven, and until it is done in our life on earth as it is done in heaven.

Lord Jesus, who taught us to pray “Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven,” we look to You. Oh teach us to live thus!

Edited by In Him

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I read the hiding place a few times at least. I meant a man who knew her from Holland. I think he worked with her. Her family was great too. Her Father a man of faith and hers sisters all walk wi T h God.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Corrie has written many other books.  Not Good if Detached, Amazing Love, and her version of The Hiding Place is A Prisoner And Yet.    Her version is my favorite because of the simple way that she speaks that reaches into the depths of me. There are may others but those are my favorites.  You have to order them from places that carry old books.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, In Him said:

This book impacted me to such a degree that God granted me a deep repentance. He sums the book up with the following:

Oh, the glory of the will of God! In Him who sits upon the throne! In the Universe which He created to show forth that will! In the heavenly hosts who worship before the throne, where that will is enthroned in glory! In the Beloved Son, who came as man to do that will on earth! In the heart of the believer, who has yielded his life to be conformed to it! In the Church, through which that will is working out its eternal purpose in the world! Oh, the glory of the will of God! Let us gaze, worship, and give glory to God until the will of God rules the throne of our heart as the throne of heaven, and until it is done in our life on earth as it is done in heaven.

Lord Jesus, who taught us to pray “Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven,” we look to You. Oh teach us to live thus!

I hesitated to post these chapters and verses yesterday in the original post because of their length.

When the scriptures are on the same subject, it can give greater scope and perspective concerning the will of God.

Chapter 1 The Glory of Heaven

Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven”--Matthew 6:10

Chapter 2 The Way to Heaven

Not everyone that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, bu he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”--Matthew 7:21

Chapter 3 Our Union with Jesus

Whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother”--Matthew 12:50

Chapter 4 Our Food

I have meat to eat that ye know not of...My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work”--John 4:32,34

Chapter 5 The Salvation of the Perishing

Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish”--Matthew 18:14

Chapter 6 Not Mine Own Will

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me”--John 5:30

Chapter 7 Doing, The Way to Knowing”

If any man will to do his will he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself”--John 7:17

Chapter 8 Even Unto Death

Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done”--Luke22:42

Chapter 9 Lord! What Wilt Thou?

And Saul trembling and astonished said, Lord! What wilt thou have me to do?”--Acts 9:6

Chapter 10 The Man After God’s Own Heart

I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, who shall fulfill all my will”--Acts 13:22

Chapter 11 The Will of the Lord be Done

And when (Paul) would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying: The will of the Lord be done”--Acts 21:14

Chapter 12 Of Knowing God’s Will

And Ananias said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou has seen and heard”--Acts 22:14-15

Chapter 13 Knowing and Not Doing

Behold, thou art called a Jew, and resteth in the law, and makest thy boast of God, and knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; and art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which has the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? Thou that preaches a man should not steal, dost thou steal?”--Romans 2:17-21

Chapter 14 The Renewed Mind Proving God’s Will

Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God:--Romans 12:2

Chapter 15 According to the Will of God

Our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father”--Galations 1:4

Chapter 16 God Working Out His Own Will

Being predestined according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will”--Ephesians 1:11

Chapter 17 Understanding The Will Of God

Be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is”--Ephesians 5:17

Chapter 18 Doing From The Heart

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters...in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; with good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men”--Ephesians 6-5-7

Chapter 19 Stand Perfect And Complete

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God”--Colossians 4:12

Chapter 20 Filled With The Knowledge of God’s Will

We do not cease to pray for you...that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding”--Colossians 1:9

Chapter 21 Your Sanctification

For this is the will of God, even your sanctification”--1 Thessalonians 4:3

Chapter 22 Unceasing Thanksgiving

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”--1 Thessalonians 5:18

Chapter 23 The Salvation Of All

I exhort therefore, that, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men...this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who will have all men to be saved”--1 Timothy 2:1-4

The Lord is long suffering to us ward, not willing any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”--2 Peter 3:9

Chapter 24 Lo, I Come To Do Thy Will

Then said I, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God...By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all”--Hebrews 10:7-10

Chapter 25 Obtaining The Promise

Ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise”--Hebrews 10:36

Chapter 26 God Working His Will

Now the God of peace...make you perfect in every good thing to do His will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever”--Hebrews 13:20-21

Chapter 27 Suffering According To The Will Of God

For so is the will of God, that with well-doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men...If, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God...Because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example that ye should follow his steps”--1 Peter 2:15-21

It is better, if the will of Go be so, that ye suffer for well-doing, than for evil-doing. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins”--1 Peter 3:17-18

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings...Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well-doing, as unto a faithful Creator”--1 Peter 4:13-10

Chapter 28 Living To The Will Of God

That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts (desires) of men, but to the will of God”--1 Peter 4:2

Chapter 29 The Secret Of Abiding

If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him...And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever”--1 John 2:15-17

Chapter 30 Praying According To God’s Will

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him”--1 John 5:14-15

Chapter 31 The Glory Of God’s Will

They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou has created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created”--Revelation 4:10-11

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, Melinda12 said:

@Melinda12 I encourage you continue to find whatever encouragement you can find through other peoples life stories or testimonies... I too have started a habit to read what other believers have to say through their books/ life stories in conjunction with the Bible... I have to admit I've not read any of Corrie Ten Boom's books, but I am familiar of her life and the testimony she is a true inspiration as you say to all believers...

Some books I would like to recommend to encourage you further in your journey with our Father are...

The Final Quest by Rick Joyner

The Divine Revelation of Hell by Mary. K. Baxter

The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan

The Power of Right Believing by Joseph Prince

May Jesus be your continual source and inspiration forever more...

Edited by HamoNinja