Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Last Daze

The Last Trumpet: The Trumpet of God

Recommended Posts

I think we can all agree that those who are Christ's are made immortal at the last trumpet, which is identified as the trumpet of God.  Where we diverge is in identifying what the trumpet of God is, and when it is that the last one sounds.  If we use scripture to interpret scripture, it should become clear that the trumpet of God is a term used to describe His voice of authority.

We have these two verses in Revelation that describe Jesus' voice as sounding like a trumpet:

  • I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet.  Revelation 1:10
  • After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.”  Revelation 4:1

The following verse associates Jesus' voice with resurrection.

  • Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.  John 5:28-29

When these are combined, we get a resurrection that happens at the voice of Jesus which is described as a trumpet.  Where do the prophets talk about the voice or trumpet of God?

  • And the Lord will cause His voice of authority to be heard, and the descending of His arm to be seen in fierce anger, and in the flame of a consuming fire In cloudburst, downpour and hailstones.  Isaiah 30:30
  • In that day the Lord will start His threshing from the flowing stream of the Euphrates to the brook of Egypt, and you will be gathered up one by one, O sons of Israel.  It will come about also in that day that a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were scattered in the land of Egypt will come and worship the Lord in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.  Isaiah 27:12-13
  • Then the Lord will appear over them, and His arrow will go forth like lightning; and the Lord God will blow the trumpet, and will march in the storm winds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

So, when is the last trumpet of God going to take place where His voice causes the resurrection of the righteous?  In addition to the above verses, we also have these explicit statements:

  • This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.  For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”  John 6:39-40
  • No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:44
  • He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:54

Something to think about for those who are inclined to do so . . . the last trumpet, the voice of God, the resurrection, on the last day, according to scripture.

  • But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.  Matthew 24:13

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And, of course, there can't be a last trumpet without a first trumpet.  When the voice of God's authority was first heard as a trumpet, the children of Israel had left Egypt and were gathered at Mt Sinai.

  • So it came about on the third day, when it was morning, that there were thunder and lightning flashes and a thick cloud upon the mountain and a very loud trumpet sound, so that all the people who were in the camp trembled. And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain.  Exodus 19:16-17

Mt Sinai is where God called the children of Israel to be His possession in the world, a holy nation, a kingdom of priests.

  • Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel.”  Exodus 19:5-6

The common denominator between the first trumpet of God on Mt. Sinai and the last trumpet of God on the last day is that He is calling forth His people to be a holy nation in the earth.  The first was natural.  The second will be spiritual.  There may be other similarities but that is the one that I found striking.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, Last Daze said:
On 2/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, Last Daze said:

So, when is the last trumpet of God going to take place where His voice causes the resurrection of the righteous?  

Hello Last Daze

It is at the 7th trumpet. It is the same as the last trump.........thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints,

Jesus rewards his own when the dead are judged-THAT is the resurrection!

Also there is Is. 27:13- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown

                           27:1- In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

You can look in the previous chapters where it says dead men shall live. It seems Paul had this in mind as he wrote to the Corinthians.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Last Daze said:

The following verse associates Jesus' voice with resurrection.

  • Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.  John 5:28-29

This would line the timing with Matthew 25: 31-46 and that would be the resurrection at the end of the thousand years.

Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

The resurrection at the end of the thousand years;

Rev 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned  with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Uriah said:

Hello Last Daze

It is at the 7th trumpet. It is the same as the last trump.........thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints,

Jesus rewards his own when the dead are judged-THAT is the resurrection!

Also there is Is. 27:13- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown

                           27:1- In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

You can look in the previous chapters where it says dead men shall live. It seems Paul had this in mind as he wrote to the Corinthians.

Hi Uriah,

I agree that it takes place at the 7th trumpet.  Those who are Christ's are judged worthy to put on immortality at that time, to be rewarded and to rule with Him.  The rest are raised immortal after the millennial kingdom.

Although the 7th trumpet is the last in the series, I don't see it specifically as the last trumpet, the trumpet of God.  I think the seventh trumpet sounds and then Jesus descends to the clouds and from there He sounds the last trumpet of God.  It's a minor distinction timing wise since the timing is essentially the same, but one I think needs to be made.  The trumpet of God I see as the voice of His authority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer to the meaning of the Last Trumpet, or better, the Last Shofar, can be found here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise FIRST. 

The trumpet must sound first and trumpet means message, right? And the message for the present time is of the harvest, in other words the harvest means the "rapture", the separation, evidently, which is the separation of the wheat from the chaff, as JESUS said: "Gather ye together FIRST the tares, and bind them in bundles to BURN  them: but gather the wheat into my barn".

Brothers,  which will be the voice or the message of the archangel and who is him? What is his name? Brothers, we must know from whom the Word of God is speaking (God is a title, the Word is God). By the way, the own Scriptures show us all these things. 

The voice of archangel, huh, Who is him? Now, now, he is Michael, evidently. What is his message? What is his voice for us all hear?  The prophet Daniel reveals unto us clearly about this.  The wise prophet revealed what will happen in this end of time through the voice of the archangel Michael, believe in the message of Daniel my brothers:   He said: Daniel 12:1-4:
1 - And at that time (in this time of the end) shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble (the voice of Michael will cause this great trouble on the earth), such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 - And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 - And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

4 - But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the END: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

JESUS said: Mat.24:v.15CJB - 15 “So when you see the abomination that causes devastation spoken about through the prophet Dani’el standing in the Holy Place”[a](let the reader understand the allusion),

Rev. 11:v.15KJV  tell us another message, saying: 15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.  (What will be the efect of this message around the world of the Devil?)  The verse 18 reveals unto us:   18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.   Here we see also the harvest (the separation) of the wheat from the tares.

Michael, as such as the Lord JESUS, is also a son of man, as such as God called several prophets in the OT. 

And JESUS said:  Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?   Be Michael, be JESUS.

 

Brothers. where is the rumour said by the Lord JESUS?  Mat.25:6 - 6 At midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet Him.  What time is it on God's watch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Last Daze said:

I think we can all agree that those who are Christ's are made immortal at the last trumpet, which is identified as the trumpet of God.  Where we diverge is in identifying what the trumpet of God is, and when it is that the last one sounds.  If we use scripture to interpret scripture, it should become clear that the trumpet of God is a term used to describe His voice of authority.

We have these two verses in Revelation that describe Jesus' voice as sounding like a trumpet:

  • I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet.  Revelation 1:10
  • After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.”  Revelation 4:1

The following verse associates Jesus' voice with resurrection.

  • Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.  John 5:28-29

When these are combined, we get a resurrection that happens at the voice of Jesus which is described as a trumpet.  Where do the prophets talk about the voice or trumpet of God?

  • And the Lord will cause His voice of authority to be heard, and the descending of His arm to be seen in fierce anger, and in the flame of a consuming fire In cloudburst, downpour and hailstones.  Isaiah 30:30
  • In that day the Lord will start His threshing from the flowing stream of the Euphrates to the brook of Egypt, and you will be gathered up one by one, O sons of Israel.  It will come about also in that day that a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were scattered in the land of Egypt will come and worship the Lord in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.  Isaiah 27:12-13
  • Then the Lord will appear over them, and His arrow will go forth like lightning; and the Lord God will blow the trumpet, and will march in the storm winds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

So, when is the last trumpet of God going to take place where His voice causes the resurrection of the righteous?  In addition to the above verses, we also have these explicit statements:

  • This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.  For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”  John 6:39-40
  • No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:44
  • He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:54

Something to think about for those who are inclined to do so . . . the last trumpet, the voice of God, the resurrection, on the last day, according to scripture.

  • But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.  Matthew 24:13

 

Of course this theory puts God in a "NO TRUMPETS" box.  As if Jesus is not allowed to blow a trumpet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/15/2019 at 6:27 PM, Uriah said:

Hello Last Daze

It is at the 7th trumpet. It is the same as the last trump.........thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints,

Jesus rewards his own when the dead are judged-THAT is the resurrection!

Also there is Is. 27:13- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown

                           27:1- In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

You can look in the previous chapters where it says dead men shall live. It seems Paul had this in mind as he wrote to the Corinthians.

This is a theory that has been around for years - but never been proven by scripture. Sure, anyone knows it is the last of ITS OWN SERIES. But is it the series of trumpets Paul was thinking of? No, it cannot be, from Paul's own description of his rapture texts. Paul's rapture will come a moment before the wrath of God starts. 

That is NOT at the 7th trumpet - but at the 6th seal. Don't take my word for it - go back and read it: the 6th seal STARTS "the day of His wrath."  

Some disagree because of Rev. 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

They point to this verse and show us that God's wrath starts here. WRONG!  This "is come" is translated from a Greek Aorist tense verb that shows no timing whatsoever.  In other words, John is just confirming that God's wrath, that started at the 6th seal, is STILL PRESENT at the 7th trumpet.

They also fail to recognize that these words are a propecy spoken by the 24 elders of soon to come events.

Edited by iamlamad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

This is a theory that has been around for years - but never been proven by scripture. Sure, anyone knows it is the last of ITS OWN SERIES. But is it the series of trumpets Paul was thinking of? No, it cannot be, from Paul's own descripture of his rapture texts. Paul's rapture will come a moment before the wrath of God starts. 

That is NOT at the 7th trumpet - but at the 6th seal. Don't take my word for it - go back and read it: the 6th seal STARTS "the day of His wrath."  

Some disagree because of Rev. 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

They point to this verse and show us that God's wrath starts here. WRONG!  This "is come" is translated from a Greek Aorist tense verb that shows no timing whatsoever.  In other words, John is just confirming that God's wrath, that started at the 6th seal, is STILL PRESENT at the 7th trumpet.

They also fail to recognize that these words are a propecy spoken by the 24 elders of soon to come events.

Hello iamlamand,

                  You seem to be one of those who still reads Revelation in strict linear fashion. Also as you can see where I highlighted above, there IS a time stamp in the verse of reference. This is NOT some, "word from our sponsor" kind of statement but it shows what time it is at that point. When the dead are raised, as seen above, it cannot be without those who are alive and remain, period. In Matt. 24 it is time to gather His elect, after some cataclysmic events as seen in Rev. 

                  Jesus only used two O.T examples to teach about these events. So when you look at the days of Noah, and the days of Lot you can plainly see that God's people were NOT rescued until the very same day that wrath/judgment came down from God out of the sky...Luke 17:30- Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.  

It wasn't years, months, weeks or days earlier. So it is in Rev 15:8-... and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled. A clear illustration of the non-linear nature of the book of Revelation. Earlier chapters show people in the temple. Because of the non- contradictory characteristic of scripture, we are forced to conclude that Revelation NOT a strictly linear writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...