Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I think we can all agree that those who are Christ's are made immortal at the last trumpet, which is identified as the trumpet of God.  Where we diverge is in identifying what the trumpet of God is, and when it is that the last one sounds.  If we use scripture to interpret scripture, it should become clear that the trumpet of God is a term used to describe His voice of authority.

We have these two verses in Revelation that describe Jesus' voice as sounding like a trumpet:

• I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet.  Revelation 1:10
  • After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.”  Revelation 4:1

The following verse associates Jesus' voice with resurrection.

• Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.  John 5:28-29

When these are combined, we get a resurrection that happens at the voice of Jesus which is described as a trumpet.  Where do the prophets talk about the voice or trumpet of God?

• And the Lord will cause His voice of authority to be heard, and the descending of His arm to be seen in fierce anger, and in the flame of a consuming fire In cloudburst, downpour and hailstones.  Isaiah 30:30
  • In that day the Lord will start His threshing from the flowing stream of the Euphrates to the brook of Egypt, and you will be gathered up one by one, O sons of Israel.  It will come about also in that day that a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were scattered in the land of Egypt will come and worship the Lord in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.  Isaiah 27:12-13
  • Then the Lord will appear over them, and His arrow will go forth like lightning; and the Lord God will blow the trumpet, and will march in the storm winds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

So, when is the last trumpet of God going to take place where His voice causes the resurrection of the righteous?  In addition to the above verses, we also have these explicit statements:

• This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.  For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”  John 6:39-40
  • No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:44
  • He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:54

Something to think about for those who are inclined to do so . . . the last trumpet, the voice of God, the resurrection, on the last day, according to scripture.

• But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.  Matthew 24:13

• Thumbs Up 1

And, of course, there can't be a last trumpet without a first trumpet.  When the voice of God's authority was first heard as a trumpet, the children of Israel had left Egypt and were gathered at Mt Sinai.

• So it came about on the third day, when it was morning, that there were thunder and lightning flashes and a thick cloud upon the mountain and a very loud trumpet sound, so that all the people who were in the camp trembled. And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain.  Exodus 19:16-17

Mt Sinai is where God called the children of Israel to be His possession in the world, a holy nation, a kingdom of priests.

• Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel.”  Exodus 19:5-6

The common denominator between the first trumpet of God on Mt. Sinai and the last trumpet of God on the last day is that He is calling forth His people to be a holy nation in the earth.  The first was natural.  The second will be spiritual.  There may be other similarities but that is the one that I found striking.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, Last Daze said:
On 2/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, Last Daze said:

So, when is the last trumpet of God going to take place where His voice causes the resurrection of the righteous?  

Hello Last Daze

It is at the 7th trumpet. It is the same as the last trump.........thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints,

Jesus rewards his own when the dead are judged-THAT is the resurrection!

Also there is Is. 27:13- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown

27:1- In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

You can look in the previous chapters where it says dead men shall live. It seems Paul had this in mind as he wrote to the Corinthians.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 2/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Last Daze said:

• Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.  John 5:28-29

This would line the timing with Matthew 25: 31-46 and that would be the resurrection at the end of the thousand years.

Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

The resurrection at the end of the thousand years;

Rev 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned  with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

17 hours ago, Uriah said:

Hello Last Daze

It is at the 7th trumpet. It is the same as the last trump.........thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints,

Also there is Is. 27:13- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown

27:1- In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

You can look in the previous chapters where it says dead men shall live. It seems Paul had this in mind as he wrote to the Corinthians.

Hi Uriah,

I agree that it takes place at the 7th trumpet.  Those who are Christ's are judged worthy to put on immortality at that time, to be rewarded and to rule with Him.  The rest are raised immortal after the millennial kingdom.

Although the 7th trumpet is the last in the series, I don't see it specifically as the last trumpet, the trumpet of God.  I think the seventh trumpet sounds and then Jesus descends to the clouds and from there He sounds the last trumpet of God.  It's a minor distinction timing wise since the timing is essentially the same, but one I think needs to be made.  The trumpet of God I see as the voice of His authority.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

My answer to the meaning of the Last Trumpet, or better, the Last Shofar, can be found here:

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

On 2/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Last Daze said:

I think we can all agree that those who are Christ's are made immortal at the last trumpet, which is identified as the trumpet of God.  Where we diverge is in identifying what the trumpet of God is, and when it is that the last one sounds.  If we use scripture to interpret scripture, it should become clear that the trumpet of God is a term used to describe His voice of authority.

We have these two verses in Revelation that describe Jesus' voice as sounding like a trumpet:

• I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet.  Revelation 1:10
  • After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.”  Revelation 4:1

When these are combined, we get a resurrection that happens at the voice of Jesus which is described as a trumpet.  Where do the prophets talk about the voice or trumpet of God?

• And the Lord will cause His voice of authority to be heard, and the descending of His arm to be seen in fierce anger, and in the flame of a consuming fire In cloudburst, downpour and hailstones.  Isaiah 30:30
  • In that day the Lord will start His threshing from the flowing stream of the Euphrates to the brook of Egypt, and you will be gathered up one by one, O sons of Israel.  It will come about also in that day that a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were scattered in the land of Egypt will come and worship the Lord in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.  Isaiah 27:12-13
  • Then the Lord will appear over them, and His arrow will go forth like lightning; and the Lord God will blow the trumpet, and will march in the storm winds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

So, when is the last trumpet of God going to take place where His voice causes the resurrection of the righteous?  In addition to the above verses, we also have these explicit statements:

• This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.  For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”  John 6:39-40
  • No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:44
  • He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  John 6:54

Something to think about for those who are inclined to do so . . . the last trumpet, the voice of God, the resurrection, on the last day, according to scripture.

• But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.  Matthew 24:13

Of course this theory puts God in a "NO TRUMPETS" box.  As if Jesus is not allowed to blow a trumpet!

On 2/15/2019 at 6:27 PM, Uriah said:

Hello Last Daze

This is a theory that has been around for years - but never been proven by scripture. Sure, anyone knows it is the last of ITS OWN SERIES. But is it the series of trumpets Paul was thinking of? No, it cannot be, from Paul's own description of his rapture texts. Paul's rapture will come a moment before the wrath of God starts. 

That is NOT at the 7th trumpet - but at the 6th seal. Don't take my word for it - go back and read it: the 6th seal STARTS "the day of His wrath."  

Some disagree because of Rev. 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

They point to this verse and show us that God's wrath starts here. WRONG!  This "is come" is translated from a Greek Aorist tense verb that shows no timing whatsoever.  In other words, John is just confirming that God's wrath, that started at the 6th seal, is STILL PRESENT at the 7th trumpet.

They also fail to recognize that these words are a propecy spoken by the 24 elders of soon to come events.

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

This is a theory that has been around for years - but never been proven by scripture. Sure, anyone knows it is the last of ITS OWN SERIES. But is it the series of trumpets Paul was thinking of? No, it cannot be, from Paul's own descripture of his rapture texts. Paul's rapture will come a moment before the wrath of God starts. 

That is NOT at the 7th trumpet - but at the 6th seal. Don't take my word for it - go back and read it: the 6th seal STARTS "the day of His wrath."  

Some disagree because of Rev. 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

They point to this verse and show us that God's wrath starts here. WRONG!  This "is come" is translated from a Greek Aorist tense verb that shows no timing whatsoever.  In other words, John is just confirming that God's wrath, that started at the 6th seal, is STILL PRESENT at the 7th trumpet.

They also fail to recognize that these words are a propecy spoken by the 24 elders of soon to come events.

Hello iamlamand,

You seem to be one of those who still reads Revelation in strict linear fashion. Also as you can see where I highlighted above, there IS a time stamp in the verse of reference. This is NOT some, "word from our sponsor" kind of statement but it shows what time it is at that point. When the dead are raised, as seen above, it cannot be without those who are alive and remain, period. In Matt. 24 it is time to gather His elect, after some cataclysmic events as seen in Rev. 

Jesus only used two O.T examples to teach about these events. So when you look at the days of Noah, and the days of Lot you can plainly see that God's people were NOT rescued until the very same day that wrath/judgment came down from God out of the sky...Luke 17:30- Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.  

It wasn't years, months, weeks or days earlier. So it is in Rev 15:8-... and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled. A clear illustration of the non-linear nature of the book of Revelation. Earlier chapters show people in the temple. Because of the non- contradictory characteristic of scripture, we are forced to conclude that Revelation NOT a strictly linear writing.

Just now, Uriah said:

Hello iamlamand,

You seem to be one of those who still reads Revelation in strict linear fashion. Also as you can see where I highlighted above, there IS a time stamp in the verse of reference. This is NOT some, "word from our sponsor" kind of statement but it shows what time it is at that point. When the dead are raised, as seen above, it cannot be without those who are alive and remain, period. In Matt. 24 it is time to gather His elect, after some cataclysmic events as seen in Rev. 

Jesus only used two O.T examples to teach about these events. So when you look at the days of Noah, and the days of Lot you can plainly see that God's people were NOT rescued until the very same day that wrath/judgment came down from God out of the sky...Luke 17:30- Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.  

It wasn't years, months, weeks or days earlier. So it is in Rev 15:8-... and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled. A clear illustration of the non-linear nature of the book of Revelation. Earlier chapters show people in the temple. Because of the non- contradictory characteristic of scripture, we are forced to conclude that Revelation NOT a strictly linear writing.

It is a fact: the dead are not going to be judged at the sounding of the 7th trumpet. Those words are prophecy meaning a foretelling of a FUTURE time. 

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

"The time of the dead that they should be judged." Do we see judging taking place at the 7th trumpet? I don't - I only see this prophecy of a future judging. At the the great, white throne judgment (FUTURE to the time of chapter 11 by over a thousands years) do I see judging? Yes. It is a TRUE prophecy. It will happen. 

Do the saints and prophets get rewarded right here at the 7th trumpet? No, it is a prophecy of a FUTURE time. Look in chapter 20 with people seated on thrones: that is part of the reward. Remember the parable of someone getting ten cities to rule over? The point is, it does not happen HERE: that reward will come over 3.5 years into the future from this point. 

Does God destroy the earth at this point? You know the answer is no! This is PROPHECY. 

There are only TWO verbs here that are NOT Aorist tense:

Them that fear thy name is present tense.

Destroy the earth is present tense. The destruction has been ongoing at this time. 

MOST of the verbs John used throughout this book are Aorist tense verbs that show no timing information at all. We have no English verbs like this. We cannot get an accurate English translation. Concerning wrath, all we could translate accurately would be "the nations [were, are or will be] "angry" and thy wrath [was, is or will be]

Usually we can judge timing in Revelation by the first mention. For example, when the two witnesses are first seen, as in 11:3, that is when they SHOW UP from heaven to earth.  (Many think they will be Enoch and Elijah - the two men who never died.  Case in point: "wrath" is first mentioned at the 6th seal, NOT at the 7th trumpet. 

In fact, I kind of agree with you on Noah and Lot: Jesus' emphasis was on the suddeness of their demise. In the case of both Noah and Lot, those people woke up that morning thinking it would be a day like all other of their days: so they were living life to the fullest - right up until the rain started - or the fire started.

Is this not exactly what Paul teaches? That while those in Christ get raptured, those left behind get sudden destruction - all at the very same moment in time.

It will be the same when Jesus comes to Armageddon: they imagine this will just be the normal war: they will wipe Israel off the map. They will be proceeding with their place expecting that day to be just like the day before - But SUDDENLY Jesus comes.

So it is in Rev 15:8-... and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled. A clear illustration of the non-linear nature

What is so "non-linear?" It will not take long for all the vials. Perhaps a month or two. So no one can enter the temple in heaven until all seven are complete. Are you reading into that more than what is there? The temple was open before the time for the vials - and it will be open again after the vials. I see no problem with chronology. 

I am so sure of John's chronology I wrote an Axiom:

ANY theory that must rearrange John's God Given chronology is immediately suspect and WILL BE proven wrong.  

Prewrath is such a theory: they require massive rearranging. 

It will be up to non-believers to prove by scripture that revelation MUST be rearranged to fit other end time scriptures.