• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

You are thinking "first in time." And you are right, for the second resurrection comes a thousand years later. But you are also thinking this is a one time event that comes after the tribulation. In that you are mistaken. ALL the righteous have or will take part in this resurrection.

If you wish to find the timing of Paul's rapture, you must get it from Paul - for no one else got his revelation. Error comes when people try to find the timing for the rapture of the church in the Olivet Discourse - or some obscure verse in the Old Testament. There is only one other place one can get a hint of Paul's timing, and that is the great crowd, too large to number. 

By the way, I am waiting for you to show us where the rapture is in relation to the start of the 70th week - in Revelation.

Hi iamlamad

I think you misunderstand my meaning. I agree that all will take part in this resurrection. We disagree as to whether it takes place in a pre vs post trib scenario. I say post trib.

Rapture in Revelation? It is in c. 19:1- And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

They are in the air/sky/heaven having been raptured and shouting praises to God.

70th week? It has been over with for centuries.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Hi iamlamad

I think you misunderstand my meaning. I agree that all will take part in this resurrection. We disagree as to whether it takes place in a pre vs post trib scenario. I say post trib.

Rapture in Revelation? It is in c. 19:1- And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

They are in the air/sky/heaven having been raptured and shouting praises to God.

How many entries are there into the First resurrection. Who goes first, second, third, fourth and or fifth into the First resurrection.

In Christ

Montana Marv

27 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

How many entries are there into the First resurrection. Who goes first, second, third, fourth and or fifth into the First resurrection.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi Marv,

Not sure what you mean by this? I had assumed we all go together.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Hi Marv,

Not sure what you mean by this? I had assumed we all go together.

What about those who Christ rules over during the 1000 years. When do those righteous go into the First resurrection.

In Christ

Montana Marv

3 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

What about those who Christ rules over during the 1000 years. When do those righteous go into the First resurrection.

In Christ

Montana Marv

The first resurrection occurs when Jesus returns. Nobody else is resurrected until after 1,000 yrs. later. Rev 20:4 & 5.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Uriah said:

Hi iamlamad

Sorry, but those people were already there in Rev. 19. Sorry, no catching up there. Some of them were in heaven in chapter 7 as the raptured church.  John did not see their arrival, but saw them soon after their arrival.  Others arrived at the 7th vial that is poured out on "the last day." 

Just so you know, God's throne is not floating in the clouds somewhere. It is on a planet. Enough people have been there and returned to tell us that. "Heaven" as it is used in scripture is more than just the air we breath and the expanse above what we breathe. 

Sorry again, but the entire 70th week is still ahead of us. Did you not read Paul where the man of sin will enter the temple and declare he is God - and stop the daily sacrifices? Did you not read Daniel how that event that stops the daily sacrifices will divide the week?  Hint: there must be a whole week to divide it and get two halves - as seen in Revelation.

As you said, we don't agree on much.

17 minutes ago, Uriah said:

The first resurrection occurs when Jesus returns. Nobody else is resurrected until after 1,000 yrs. later. Rev 20:4 & 5.

You can think that if you wish, but you will be in error. The first resurrection covers the resurrection of all the righteous - including Jesus Himself.  You are thinking of it as occurring at one point in time, while God thinks of it as the resurrection of the righteous - whenever they are resurrected. 

How about the two witnesses? Which of the two would they be a part of?

WHEN will they be resurrected? Do they fit your theory?

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

In Christ

Montana Marv

God never told John so John never told us. We can only speculate. I don't like to speculate on what is not written.  Will then remain in their flesh and blood bodies forever? I don't know.

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

In Christ

Montana Marv

Christ as the firstfruits.

The church as second, third, fourth etc fruits - as the second wave: a crowd too large to number

The 144,000 as the next wave, probably around the midpoint of the week.

The Old Testament saints along with those beheaded and the two witnesses as the next wave - at or near the 7th vial. 

24 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

You can think that if you wish, but you will be in error. The first resurrection covers the resurrection of all the righteous - including Jesus Himself.  You are thinking of it as occurring at one point in time, while God thinks of it as the resurrection of the righteous - whenever they are resurrected. 

How about the two witnesses? Which of the two would they be a part of?

WHEN will they be resurrected? Do they fit your theory?

John 6:40 & 44- And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Yeah, I pretty much was thinking of this time, can you show me the other days? Perhaps more trumpets etc. More announcements by the arch angel? My theory on the witnesses is that God has mot made it known to us. They are not said to be given new bodies at the point when life enters them again. This was true with all others raised to life previously. Being part of the resurrection means one must die, of course as they all did. All but these two are assumed to have died again. I think you are asking for answers that you don't have. Will they have new bodies like all who ARE called out of the graves?? I can assume so but when? Not shown in scripture, unless you know where. I don't think they will have to wait for 1,000 yrs. either. To sum it up, it is God who does things and He is not bound to go by our assumptions. He can operate outside of the things that are  clearly laid out if He so pleases.

Deu 29:29- The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Ps 131:1- LORD, my heart is not proud;
my eyes are not haughty.
I don’t concern myself with matters too great
or too awesome for me to grasp.

• Thumbs Up 1