• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Cletus said:

i was not aware it was a congregations place to vote on what the bible says. 

Can we imagine paul saying okay lets vote whether we will agree or disagree with the bible .

Can we imagine Jesus saying that .

How bout james or jude , peter or any .

Say it again , CLETUS ,  say it again .   Because this should be terrifying to many .    Voting on whether to allow What GOD has said , or inspired .

Vote .     Yeah , um ,   no  .    WE either live it and love it ,   or we don't KNOW CHRIST and if we don't KNOW CHRIST,   I shudder in fear for those who don't KNOW CHRIST .

TIME to learn the TRUE GOD .  TIME TO TRULY LEARN CHRIST .  TIME to truly learn what them apostels wrote .

Time to open bibles .   For their is no love that comes from GOD that puts God second to mens opinions or mens so called happiness.

Flat out ,  either we love GOD , TRUTH and place Christ above all,    or prepare to hear ,  I never knew you on HIS DAY .

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

5 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Depart from me. I never knew you...words nobody would ever want to hear

@frienduff thaylorde Yep. You're right, brother.

Like I said earlier.  Seven worst words to ever hear said to you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have known for quite some time that the United Methodist Church is not a church I would attend.

Too bad, they could use some help evidently.

I remember a young United Methodist pastor assigned to a local body that had about six members left at the Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro CA. He would do many funerals for me over the few years he and the church were still there, and was quite compassionate to people in need. He was generally soft spoken, but articulate. Though soft spoken, he would enter the chapel from the narthex opening as he walked with  " OUR HELP IS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!" booming matter of factly, and then he would begin a rather nice personal presentation  of comfort that included the gospel of Jesus and of hope that is certain in Him. 

I was an atheist during that period, yet even today his message proclaimed still rings in my head. My help is indeed in the name of the Lord Jesus. Never know who God will have used in preparation to bring about that time specific when the Holy Spirit turns one about to repentance  and to Jesus.

• Loved it! 1

12 hours ago, Cletus said:

i was not aware it was a congregations place to vote on what the bible says. 

Really? Seems to me that is the job of the congregation, to vote in prayer thinking reading and in action of deed, sharing of the word of God, doing what  the lead of the Holy Spirit dictates, counseling, questioning and being accountable one to another, for the sake of bringing the gospel of Jesus to all the world as led when led and where led, by the Holy Spirit.

Seems to me that there has been lots of votes over many centuries as  to proper discernment of the word of God.

Why I vote on the word of God all the time. What do I think it means what do you think it means, what do scholars have to conclude, what has been concluded over centuries, and what has not been concluded? All are votes.

Now some seem to be slam dunk issues, but evidenty  are not, and each believer had really ought to consider that all that seems so easy and clear is not so to many. Best to get a vote if for no other reason than to see the state of conviction and of study and prayer and thinking going on.

Driving through Ogunquit Me and seeing the "rainbow coalition" banners on the hand rails to the entry  of a  Christian house of worship is a bit of a stunner for sure, but it does tell of the need to pray for the Holy Spirit's restraint of evil that otherwise will run  amock  in a manner yet unknown to us in it's severe depravity.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Really? Seems to me that is the job of the congregation, to vote in prayer thinking reading and in action of deed, sharing of the word of God, doing what  the lead of the Holy Spirit dictates, counseling, questioning and being accountable one to another, for the sake of bringing the gospel of Jesus to all the world as led when led and where led, by the Holy Spirit.

Seems to me that there has been lots of votes over many centuries as  to proper discernment of the word of God.

Why I vote on the word of God all the time. What do I think it means what do you think it means, what do scholars have to conclude, what has been concluded over centuries, and what has not been concluded. ll are votes. Now som eseem to be slam dunk issues, but evidenty  are not, and each believer had really ought to consider that all that seems so easy and clear is not so to many. Best to get a vote if for no other reason than to see th estate of conviction and of study and prayer and thinking going on.

Driving through Ogunquit Me and seeing the "rainbow coalition" banners on the hand rails to the entry  of a  Christian house of worship is a bit of a stunner for sure, but it does tell of the need to pray for the Holy Spirit's restraint of evil that otherwise will run  amock  in a manner yet unknown to us in it's severe depravity.

I know he can defend himself but I took what he wrote as a referral to the statement that has gone around, "The church wrote the bible so the church can rewrite the bible." It's a derogatory statement about the state of affairs these days with this issue. 

What interests me is a question I was asked, "Has there ever been a time when the church was actively persecuted over homosexuality?"

I'm sure there have been issues but has there been a large sweeping movement against the church in history based on this issue? Imprisonment, closers, recognized legal status taken away due to the moral issue?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

There is a sense of constriction associated with the term persecution. Like with the word boa constrictor. The sense of tightening, a constriction that can be felt and ignored to a point until the serpent has now got a grip that one can not escape. 

Standing firm is what we are called to do and what we see is organizations trying to release the pressure. We have a sword of truth that is the only freedom available. We are to love as Jesus loved and Jesus told the truth and without truth, we cannot love.

These are growing difficult times, being able to hold the truth in love or to love in truth will try us all but we are called to stand firm. 'We ain't seen noth'n yet' but every decade it seems we are constricted a bit more. 

We have brethren in areas of the world being beaten by the dragon, the serpent deceives, the dragon destroys. Among Jesus' final warnings were 'do not be deceived.' 

Edited by Zemke
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Zemke said:

I know he can defend himself

Hi, I don't see any reason for "defense" this is simply conversation among brethren rather than a debate like that between a Phil Johnson or James White versus The Caner Bothers  or David Silverman.

Has there been persecution of born again believers in the gospel of Jesus  for their undertanding of what is wrong with  homosexuality?  Well yes I think there certainly has been. It even  predates  awareness of Jesus manifestation  in the flesh as well, dating at least to the rescue of Lot.  From accounts at Sodom and later at Corinth I believe that those holding to awareness that homosexuality is a sin has resulted in persecution against the holder of that awareness.  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Mozart's Starling said:

https://www.register-herald.com/news/united-methodists-face-vote-on-lgbtq-issues-will-it-rip/article_f681bef8-29c6-5fa7-ab61-594262be9efe.html    - "You shall not lie with a male as with woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22. "If a man lies with a male as with woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."                                                                                                                                    Obviously I am not supporting the killing of anyone, that quote is to show God's feelings on the matter because some seem to think that the Bible is not clear on homesexuality. The article mentions that they are voting to make it possible for gay marriages to be church sanctioned or for gay pastors to preach.

I wonder if I lie would I be judged the same as a gay person if I do not repent? I think being gay is so wrong the filling I get is a since of weirdness not natural. When I look at my wife I think Wow God you sure made her beautiful and perfect how can anyone lay with another man. We have to be living in a time when God has to do something about the wickedness in the earth. Acts 5:3  Ananias lied to the holy spirit and he and his wife and both died wonder how that is going to be after Jesus comes back to earth.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have known for quite some time that the United Methodist Church is not a church I would attend.

Their are many churches I will not attend but prayer changes things. So lets keep them in our prayers it is out of mans hands let put it in Gods hands. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

17 minutes ago, Cletus said:

if a church is going to vote on if homosexuality is or is not a sin or if homosexual ministers can hold office or not its past time to come out of her my people.  there is no vote.  none.  you do not get a vote in a kingdom.  You have a King that rules and reigns.  whos Word and decrees are absolute.  we do not dictate to God what we think is sin or not... you either honor Gods Word or not. 

and in a Kingdom when you do not honor the King, His Words and decrees what happens?   ... you die.  we have no right to vote, no rights period except to loose everything in submission to God.  to allow Him to reign in our hearts and transform us for being worldly, and according to the bible worldliness includes homosexuality. 

the bible is clear, homosexuality is abomonation.  the very fact there is a vote is evidence that the spirit of antichrist is at work here.  speaking of which, while it is good to pray God restrains evil and the evil one, the bible also tells us God will at some point no longer be restraining.  that evil will be rampant.  unrestrained.  God is slowly doing this now.  and in doing so he is calling His people out of the world giving them a taste of the filth that they dont want or like.  God is giving many signs as to the times which we reside in.  He is giving a time in which to repent.  He is being very gracious and merciful.  He is calling his people to Him, and Him alone.  no traditions of man.  no religiousness.  only reliance upon The Spirit....  our security is not in our 401's but in our 3:16.  When this storm hits the church will be without worldly provisions. 

If a church has to vote on what the bible says plainly... that church is already dead.  and for the record my grandfather was a methodist preacher, so i do not intend to say this to step on anyones toes, but to really think about this.  why vote on what the bible says is wrong?  the very act of this voting is disrespect to The Most High. 

Say it again Cletus ,  say it again .    If what Cletus or myself has said seems heavy to a person ,   may the weight of it only increase till that person be broken and accept .

THEN they will no longer see these words are heavy and burdensome  . They will see ALLL THINGS that JESUS has spoke , the apostels and those who loved and love Him still

as FREEDOM, as lighter than air itself .   As a weight that is no weight , in fact those words LIFT US UP .     ITS HIGH TIME TO FLEE THE PULPITS OF MEN GONE LONG WRONG .

I am not stupied nor am I dumb ,  the words that some of us are saying , the pleas we are giving ,    MUST be heeded .

I know exactly what my stance on things is going to cost me .     Ready ,   EVERYTHING .  ITS GOING TO COST ME EVERYTHING .

This world , heck the churches are not going to tolerate true believers ,   and its going to get much more severe than mere words .

ITS GOING TO COST US EVERYTHING to follow CHRIST .    SO BE IT .  I had rather die and be called a monster ,  than live in this world and be called its loving man .

THIS WORLD does not know love , NOR DO MANY CHUREHS .  Cause they DONT KNOW GOD .

• Thumbs Up 3