amber

urgent prayer request

6 hours ago, amber said:

Hello please can you pray for me as I fell into legalism.

Shalom Amber,

Be blessed in grace given to us by the Father. If you need to discuss this matter more, please post in this forum. I have fallen victim to legalism a few times, so maybe I can offer some advice with the other brothers and sisters here.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

Amber...welcome to 90% of of the congregation .Anybody who goes beyond “ Nothing But The Blood” for the GIFT of Salvation is a Legalists.Almost all so-called “Christians” agree that “ Jesus Saves”.Unfortunatly, just to be safe , they hang on to something ,thinking they must do something to KEEP themselves saved.Usually it takes the form of eliminating “ willful sins” or if you DO commit a willful sin, you must repent for that sin before you die or you are going to be damned .Willful sinning is foolish and if you are ignorant enough to make a practice of it, God will chastise you severely.He could even strike you dead and bring you Home earlier than He would have otherwise.Thank God, The Blood covers those sins also.As a member of the Body of Christ, I find myself automatically repenting almost everyday.I blow it , I confess it, and thank God for His forgiveness and His Grace.I do the same thing with my sins that God dies for  all Believers—- I put them on the Cross and leave them there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Welcome to Worthy, Amber.   Praying.

• Thumbs Up 1