• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Apropro quote from another thread a few minutes ago:

"If you follow what Christ says in His Word with truly all your heart and mind, then you are fine. But if you take up mans ideas and especially 'tradition'.... " ... ... ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/27/2020 at 9:33 PM, Walter Goraj jr said:

"Hell is real, and the Lake of fire will be the final home of all Christ rejectors, and they will stay there, as long as God is alive."

And thank you Behold for illustrating the allegorical or parabolic nature of God's Word when it comes to the final judgment. 

"LAKE OF FIRE" : not an actual lake of actual fire. After this world ends there will be no more of the physical as we know it, Because God says that He will " make all things new." The saved will be resurrected into their glorified spiritual bodies. 

The remains of the unsaved dead will ( most likely) be resurrected on the face of the earth for all to see as Christ comes in flaming fire to destroy the unsaved who are alive at that time. The worldwide destruction by fire is the "lake of fire". Fire is symbolic of judgment to the wicked, but cleansing to God's people. Perhaps they in their new bodies will be "walking" in the midst of this fiery judgment while  being gathered to Jesus. 

There  is no final home for "Christ rejectors".  They will  exist no more.

Do you have any Chapter and verse to prove these wild opinions?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

The "lake of fire" is spiritual language for the second death, body and soul, of the unsaved....(Rev.20:14-15)

The "new Jerusalem" is an metaphor for heaven. It is not a physical place. The wicked shall be "turned into hell" (Psalm 9:17). "Hell" is just another name for the grave. 

In Matthew 10:28 the body AND SOUL is DESTROYED in hell ( or the grave). 

"hell fire" is a metaphor for "destruction" or "judgment". Several examples include:

Mt. 25:41 " into everlasting fire"

Mt.18:9 " cast into hell fire"

V.8 "cast into everlasting fire"

Mt. 5:22: "danger of the judgment"..."danger of the council"...." danger of hell fire".    ( references to judgment)

2Thess. 1:9 " who shall be punished with everlasting destruction"

Proverbs 15:11 " Hell and destruction are before the LORD"

YOU dear reader have to do your homework....the Bible has alot to say about the nature of "hell", "destruction", "judgment" and the "grave" as it relates to the fate of the unsaved soul. 

"Perhaps they in their new bodies will be "walking" in the midst of this fiery judgment "

I suspect that Isaiah 34:3 and Isaiah 66:24 are several examples of  what will happen to the resurrected remains of the unsaved dead at the last day of this world. 

Or you can take the position that the unsaved dead will receive a new resurrected body to somehow endure the continual, merciless  burning of "everlasting fire"...like for ever in a place which will contradict God's Word when He says " THE FORMER THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY"( Rev. 21:4) where the memory of sin will be remembered no more.

"Behold, I make all things new"      ( Revelation 21:5)

Thanks for the response....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Actually hell, being approximately 6' under, may be around 70 degrees.

I would rather go with the Biblical account but thanks anyway :) 

Luke 16:22-24

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
KJV

• Haha 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

This Biblical account is what is known as an "allegory" or "parable" which is simply an earthly story that God illustrates to convey spiritual meaning. 

In the case of Luke 16:19-31, what I learn from this parable is twofold: The awfulness of not being with God after death, and the fact that the heart of unsaved man is so sinful that even if one rose from the dead to warn them to repent (v.30), they would still not listen.

If it is then it would be the only one of many many parables that Jesus spoke that names specific persons involved as Abraham a very specific person involved with Lazarus... but never the mind for it is God speaking and if it is not a literal suffering in hell then the account is a lie parable or no... now are you prepared to go before The Lord saying He lied? Because that is what you are doing...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

You are very welcome. As you know, I am really convicted on what I believe. I know we serve a merciful God and I believe His mercy extends even to the non-elect as well.

The mercy of God extends to everyone.   = Its The Cross and the Blood of God that is shed on His Cross.

If this Blood that was shed there,  does not reach you, because you have not kneeled before it, then you have kept yourself out of heaven and cast your own self into hell by FREE WILL., even before you are dead.

A person chooses heaven or they choose hell as their eternal destination, based on what they do with Jesus, while they are ALIVE.

God will respect your choice regarding Jesus,  after you DIE>......just like He allows you the same choice, right now.

Edited by Behold
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

I know we serve a merciful God and I believe His mercy extends even to the non-elect as well.      Walter G

Glory to God!

Matthew 5:45

that ye may be the children of your Father who is in Heaven. For He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

With love-in Christ,kwik

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What is your view of hell?

The hell begins inwardly.