Ive come to the conclusion i dont trust in God at all

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I believe in God ..funny I even helped a doubting friend come back to God who I thought was more hopeless than me ...but 

I can never help myself. Its always a cycle of being happy with god short term then being firey mad at God the next... In another post I explained 

how I felt like I'm in God's darkest shadow... the silence sucks, lack of guidance... I just feel left to my own devices and I'm at a point I don't feel like trying any more.

I feel bad feeling so mad and angry at God, I feel he feels the same towards me... 

I just feel alone in life. 

I honestly don't know if it'll get better and I'm starting not to care anymore. Like I don't care where I go eternally. I know that's horrible bt I just don't care anymore. 

I just feel like being a Christian is too hard for me, Ive tried and its frustrating. I don't havemuch love for God and it just feels like a dead one sided relationship anyway.. I don't think I ccan be saved anyway.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

so, what are you so mad about?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

9 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I believe in God ..funny I even helped a doubting friend come back to God who I thought was more hopeless than me ...but 

I can never help myself. Its always a cycle of being happy with god short term then being firey mad at God the next... In another post I explained 

how I felt like I'm in God's darkest shadow... the silence sucks, lack of guidance... I just feel left to my own devices and I'm at a point I don't feel like trying any more.

I feel bad feeling so mad and angry at God, I feel he feels the same towards me... 

I honestly don't know if it'll get better and I'm starting not to care anymore. Like I don't care where I go eternally. I know that's horrible bt I just don't care anymore. 

I just feel like being a Christian is too hard for me, Ive tried and its frustrating. I don't havemuch love for God and it just feels like a dead one sided relationship anyway.. I don't think I ccan be saved anyway.

Yes you can be saved, and probably are saved - but there is something dark troubling you.

Demons will always make a person feel that God does not love them. They will try to make a saved person believe that they are not saved. They will try to make a person despise God.

I believe you're a target of demonic oppression and probably have been for some time.  A Christian can never be possessed by demons but those nasty little devils can sure try to make your life a living Hell. And they love to target Christians if they get the opportunity. That's why we should always wear the full armour of God to give us protection.

Demons know that there is no salvation for them and that they have already been judged; and they despise human beings out of sheer envy and they want to make us as miserable as they are. Misery loves company.

Pray to God (even if you feel you don't trust him). Pray in the name of Jesus Christ to set you free. I will pray for you too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

12 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Relationship with God isn't based off I do this and get this and if I don't get I'm mad at God. For one , God has never sinned. To be mad at a perfect God is nonsense. You need to kill pride and realize the depth of Love God has in Jesus Christ . Then your eye s will be open .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

I'm starting to feel a little bit better. Ive been unplugged from God so long... I think maybe watching sermons and what not will help... It did yesterday :)

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Thumbs Up 1

you might get a good Bible in mp3 format and listen to it instead of sermons....   hearing directly from Gods word always helps me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom Figure,

If you had to put your finger on one main issue (I appreciate there may be many) but one big thing that is causes you to feel that way and get into that pattern, what would it be?

A second question would be: What would God have to do on His part to help you out of this thought process (in an ideal world)?

I've been in these dark places myself in the past as I'm sure many of us here have been at one stage. But be encouraged. You sharing this is the start of something good!

Love & Shalom

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, other one said:

you might get a good Bible in mp3 format and listen to it instead of sermons....   hearing directly from Gods word always helps me.

Shalom

I said it before and I'll say it again and again.... David Suchet's one is excellent.

Yes, it's the NIV which isn't my preferred translation. But hearing the word is a special meditative experience. David's one is less cheesy than some of the others out there as well :)

Love & Shalom

my favorite is the KJV read by Alexander Scourby….    I really like to hear the old English and he reads the punctuation so well.  I don't like all the frilly music and stuff that some have put in.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Hello,

You said in your OP that being a Christian was too hard.  Then you said that you probably couldn't be saved anyway.

I think this might be the crux of your issues.

I say this in sisterly love.  Are you a Christian or not?  Can you point to a time when you - as the Bible says - [1] Believed on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, [2] Believed that God raised him from the dead in a literal resurrection, [3] confessed your sins to God in repentance, and [4] followed Christ as not only Savior, but Lord?

Being saved is not rocket science and it is a ONE time event.  But that one time event has to be a surety.

The daily walk - bad time, good times, in-between times - are  part of sanctification.  That means the root of salvation of growing fruit in your life.  Hard times will help your bear fruit as well as good times if you are following Christ daily.

Being a Christian is not "believing in God".  The Bible says that even demons believe there is a God and they tremble over it.  But demons are not saved.

I cannot say at ALL if you are a Christian or not because that's not my place.  I'm just confused as to your calling yourself one and then saying that you couldn't be saved.

You are either saved or not saved.  Bad days come and go.  Doubts fly in our heads sometimes like flocks of horrible buzzards.

But our salvation does not waver.  That because GOD saves.  Not us.  If salvation were up to us - we would never be saved at all.

And yes, being a Christian is hard sometimes.  Very hard sometimes.

And no, there are no perfect Christians with perfect smiles, faces, and lives.

The devil wants you to hate your life.....he does that because he wants you ineffective for Christ.  I want you to trust me on this - I speak from literal experience!

I just want you to know I've been there.

Edited by Jayne