Ive come to the conclusion i dont trust in God at all

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

If everything was great and all was handed to you, you would not have learned nor grown.

I must admit to getting that way too, feeling as if i'm going nowhere or nothing has changed. Then I think about it, and i'm not entirely like how I used to be before I was a believer. There is still progress to be made, of course, there is always room for improvement. I think that, if you put it to mind to love the Lord, and to mend your ways, it can and will happen. A wound or malady takes time and effort to heal. Instant results should not be expected.

There must also be an admission that, there is a train of thought where everything will go well simply through believing. I'd land a real cozy job, or maybe have some saucy, hot chica might slide into my life and into my arms at that, stuff of that nature. However, I think it's more about finding joy and happiness simply in living life as it were. A job might be rough, but you might get to a point where it's easier, or it's rewarding enough. Women are quite pretty, but I realize that I need to improve myself before I even think about dating, and being alone isn't so bad. Many people find it fun to drink and party, but I prefer a quiet walk down by the creek... Reflecting on the water, listening to the leaves. Whereas a party of that nature requires money to take place, my little stroll does not. There is joy to be found in small things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

2 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Figure,

If you had to put your finger on one main issue (I appreciate there may be many) but one big thing that is causes you to feel that way and get into that pattern, what would it be?

A second question would be: What would God have to do on His part to help you out of this thought process (in an ideal world)?

I've been in these dark places myself in the past as I'm sure many of us here have been at one stage. But be encouraged. You sharing this is the start of something good!

Love & Shalom

1) One main issue is that I feel alone with God I don't experience his joy,peace..no fellowship. I don't have Christian friends so its like I'm doing this by myself along with Gods silence--its just hellish being this alone and isolated .. I just feel numb like I just don't desire God at all..a part of me wants to be honest and tell God exactly how I feel about him but I'm afraid I might yell or something... idk I just feel like God isn't for me. He works for those he likes and love but its clearly not me because ven with his spirit I still struggle to do basic things like hear Him and Ive been saved since 2010. So I just think maybe God doesn't want to talk to me idk. 

2) Idk, I just wish he'd guide me like others, make it clear. Talk to me, lay things on my heart. convict me of sin... Just be a presence in my life. 

1 hour ago, dr3032 said:

If everything was great and all was handed to you, you would not have learned nor grown.

I must admit to getting that way too, feeling as if i'm going nowhere or nothing has changed. Then I think about it, and i'm not entirely like how I used to be before I was a believer. There is still progress to be made, of course, there is always room for improvement. I think that, if you put it to mind to love the Lord, and to mend your ways, it can and will happen. A wound or malady takes time and effort to heal. Instant results should not be expected.

There must also be an admission that, there is a train of thought where everything will go well simply through believing. I'd land a real cozy job, or maybe have some saucy, hot chica might slide into my life and into my arms at that, stuff of that nature. However, I think it's more about finding joy and happiness simply in living life as it were. A job might be rough, but you might get to a point where it's easier, or it's rewarding enough. Women are quite pretty, but I realize that I need to improve myself before I even think about dating, and being alone isn't so bad. Many people find it fun to drink and party, but I prefer a quiet walk down by the creek... Reflecting on the water, listening to the leaves. Whereas a party of that nature requires money to take place, my little stroll does not. There is joy to be found in small things.

Its not about being easy but seeing god in my life. I personal feel ive regressed, when I was first saved I was much happier but then something bad happened in m church and it messed up my faith.. idk I guess that's what happened. I grew and then egressed badly.

Idk. I give up. I'm isolated and have 0 Christian friends or influences.. God rarely speaks. I'm alone. I just give up. I'm not doing this anymore. I'm done reaching out.

I don't care if I lose my faith I just was a are to begin with most likely. 

o  maybe I'm just one of those that serves as a warning to others..idk. I don't care anymore. God doesn't and neither do I..Im tired of this same cycle. I'm done with it completely.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

download.jpg.e12c8bf5f140d87b245155ca343d2ed6.jpg

Remember eternity is a very long time. Never ending. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Do you have much in the way of Christian friends? That can be a good source of encouragement and a positive influence. They're a means for God to provide guidance and work in your life.

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

it dont matter if God dont ever say one word to you again.  you are to seek Him.  from your various words in various posts in this thread i got the idea you kinda got lax with seeking God and over time drifted from Him.  as a christian you cant stand still.  you seek Him and grow closer, but at some point if you stand still or dont seek you start going backwards from God.  Only By Gods Spirit being sought by you... you having His presence in your life... you seeking Him until His peace is present in your life and then you abide in His peace and in His presence... and when you notice it fades, you repent and seek and pray.  it is us who are supposed to grab ahold of Him and not let go.  you drifted from Him and so now you do not feel or discern Him in your life.  His blessings are no longer present.  what you are to do now is repent and seek Him.  God dont speak all the time.  thats just how it is.  its very possible that what you think or what your perspective on your current situation is been an attack of the enemy to get you away from God.  God dont want you tired or wore out.  but you cant just sit still, and you cant just say wel i did this much and nothing happened, or it didnt work out the way i thought or wanted it to.  you got to seek more.  some times God does this with us so we will seek Him more.  draw closer to Him. 

if you do not make a U-turn and get god back in your life you will have made the CHOICE to turn from God and go your way.  this is the very definition of apostasy.  abandoning a faith or walking away.  read thru the letters to the churches in revelation in chapter 2 and three.  in one of those churches it says they lost their first love.  they were just going thru the motions and actions but their heart was not in it. not really.  they had lost their zeal.  they lost that spark inside them that made them get excited about God and Living for Him.  their fire went out...they were told to repent.  so i tell you God is FAITHFUL AND TRUE... Never will He leave you... never will He forsake you.   even tho you dont see it in your life, He is there, closer to you than your very breath, something you do without even thinking about it.  God has not given up on you... you chose to stop running your race.  to sit down and take a break.  and there is no break... christianity is a lifestyle.  24/7.    Repent and turn to God, and ask Him to cleans you from all unrighteousness and begin to seek Him.  ask Him to re-kindle the fire and zeal in you.  submerge yourself in Gods word, praise and worship and prayer.  if you do not do this and you abandon The Way... what will you tell God on judgment day?  ... that you decided you didnt need Him anymore, that because He wasnt doing what you wanted you decided to go your own way and do your own thing?  Think.  and I mean Think real hard about this.  because when you look at the world around us, eternity draws closer every day that passes.  all the signs of the times are on the earth now.  tomorrow is not promised.  now is the time to Give your heart to God. 

Heb 3:12  Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13  But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15  While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16  For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17  But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18  And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19  So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

God loves you.  Jesus Christ died to pay your debt.  God never left you... you backed up from Him.  He is still right there with your now.  if not... then God has lied... and God will never speak deceit.  

Heb 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Jos 1:5  There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

dont sit still with God but press into Him, and His kingdom.  Seek Him with your whole heart.  pour out your heart to Him, pour it all out in prayer, whatever is in there.  ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened unto you... go beat the hinges of heavens door. 

This is true. Hmm.. the only thing I can say that I like doing that takes no effort is just praying to God. That is one thing my heart is in. But reading does bore me a bit.

22 minutes ago, Cletus said:

audio bible?  faith comes by hearing and hearing by The Word of God. 

and even more... does eating bore you.  those words are life to your soul.  man shall not live by bread alone.  you put those words in you, in your heart and in your mind and you keep them there... then you will see a difference in your life. 

edit:  feast. 

This is true. hmm..i can download an audio bible.

Hi when you pray, how do you do it, what do you ask Gid for and what are you expecting? Let me see if i xan help. 

You see, prayer is vital. What you ask for must be in accordance with God's will. He is here for all of us. He loves you. He wants the best for you. 

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

Hi when you pray, how do you do it, what do you ask Gid for and what are you expecting? Let me see if i xan help. 

You see, prayer is vital. What you ask for must be in accordance with God's will. He is here for all of us. He loves you. He wants the best for you. 

I don't ask for alot of material things. I ask to be changed and have a new heart, a new job if I need it and some other things.

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I don't ask for alot of material things. I ask to be changed and have a new heart, a new job if I need it and some other things.

Hi

I suggest you change your prayers. 

Firstly thank God for all the good things you have. Ask Him to forgive your sins and help you to forgive others. Say the Lord's Prayer. Pray that God surrounds you with His light and protection from all evil. Ask Him to be with you in thought, word and deed. 

God will not forsake you if you ask for strength, peace and ability to love.