Ive come to the conclusion i dont trust in God at all

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

The Word says in all things give thanks. Jesus said in this world we will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. 

Faith is always bein tested and it rains on the just and unjust. We may go through trials and they are not pleasant. Remember its the evil one that wants you to hate God.   Tell him to get behind you.

Only those who will endure to the end will see Jesus.  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 2/12/2019 at 10:19 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I believe in God ..funny I even helped a doubting friend come back to God who I thought was more hopeless than me ...but 

I can never help myself. Its always a cycle of being happy with god short term then being firey mad at God the next... In another post I explained 

how I felt like I'm in God's darkest shadow... the silence sucks, lack of guidance... I just feel left to my own devices and I'm at a point I don't feel like trying any more.

I feel bad feeling so mad and angry at God, I feel he feels the same towards me... 

I just feel alone in life. 

I honestly don't know if it'll get better and I'm starting not to care anymore. Like I don't care where I go eternally. I know that's horrible bt I just don't care anymore. 

I just feel like being a Christian is too hard for me, Ive tried and its frustrating. I don't havemuch love for God and it just feels like a dead one sided relationship anyway.. I don't think I ccan be saved anyway.

What does that mean, "I cannot be saved"?

Jesus said WHOEVER trusts Him HAS eternal life. The facts of the gospel come before our (volatile, changeable) feelings.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

What does that mean, "I cannot be saved"?

Jesus said WHOEVER trusts Him HAS eternal life. The facts of the gospel come before our (volatile, changeable) feelings.

Not cart blanche.      Do not neglect the rest of God's Word ,  particularly His very graphic and real warnings from Him for our benefit and edifying and instruction and training.

For example,  learning from Scripture who can never or no longer experience salvation, because of the reasons stated by God in His Word ,

is valuable and true and unchanging - the blessings and the curses are both in Scripture, and Jesus warned more about judgment than He spoke about heaven..

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Not cart blanche.      Do not neglect the rest of God's Word ,  particularly His very graphic and real warnings from Him for our benefit and edifying and instruction and training.

For example,  learning from Scripture who can never or no longer experience salvation, because of the reasons stated by God in His Word ,

is valuable and true and unchanging - the blessings and the curses are both in Scripture, and Jesus warned more about judgment than He spoke about heaven..

Yes sir, Carte Blanche! Jesus was ripped to shreds on the Cross for me, for my filthy sin, yes.

Focus on Jesus Christ, not our repentance/deeds/works/faith/prayer/best efforts. Jesus.

So then,  as someone else just started a thread on,  "WAIT" ...... "BE STILL"...... 

"Seek God's Kingdom, and keep seeking....."   (don't stop)

as well Jesus says:  "COME TO ME, and LEARN FROM ME"  (instead of living in deception, self-willed, as before;  and so on)

and "STOP lying to one another" .....  with many other warnings.....

and "IF " not because, but "IF" you hear His Voice,  DO NOT REBEL....  as they did in the wilderness and perished.......

On 2/13/2019 at 11:30 PM, Cletus said:

Heb 4:11  Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Amen,  HalleluYAH !   Trust the Father and rely on Him to accomplish everything concerning salvation in this life and in the life to come !  HalleluYAH !

11 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Yes sir, Carte Blanche! Jesus was ripped to shreds on the Cross for me, for my filthy sin, yes.

Not carte blanche, no.

Only ONE who was hanging on an execution stake was redeemed by Jesus.  The other one rejected Jesus, and remained condemned. 

On Judgment Day,  many, a multitude, cry out how HAPPY THEY ARE to be there,   because they had cast demons out and done other remarkable things (they truly believed they were saved).... until Jesus told them ,   Be gone....... the most incredible most horrible terrifying words anyone has ever heard or will ever hear.... Be gone....    Jesus says to a multitude who thought right up until they died , that they were saved.

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Not carte blanche, no.

Only ONE who was hanging on an execution stake was redeemed by Jesus.  The other one rejected Jesus, and remained condemned. 

On Judgment Day,  many, a multitude, cry out how HAPPY THEY ARE to be there,   because they had cast demons out and done other remarkable things (they truly believed they were saved).... until Jesus told them ,   Be gone....... the most incredible most horrible terrifying words anyone has ever heard or will ever hear.... Be gone....    Jesus says to a multitude who thought right up until they died , that they were saved.

Yes, we both know false teachers--including teachers in other religions--who claim to be and represent Jesus and do miracles in His name.

One one the stake trusted Jesus, one did not. I've trusted. Jesus died and rose for all my sin, not some, I'm going to Heaven. No matter what happens going forward. Carte Blanche because Jesus died for all, not some of, my sin. Verses including John 3:16, WHOEVER TRUSTS WILL... WILL NOT...

I've trusted Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 2/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I'm starting to feel a little bit better. Ive been unplugged from God so long... I think maybe watching sermons and what not will help... It did yesterday :)

You may be at a turning point in your life regarding your relationship with God.  Try not to give in to discouragement.  Keep talking to God in the privacy of your prayers.  Tell Him your deepest fears and most lofty hopes.  Then, be still.  Be patient.  Honestly yearn with your whole heart to know Him through Christ.  He will answer you in a manner and time that is custom made just for you.  Trust the Lord. 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, Jayne said:

Hello,

You said in your OP that being a Christian was too hard.  Then you said that you probably couldn't be saved anyway.

I think this might be the crux of your issues.

I say this in sisterly love.  Are you a Christian or not?  Can you point to a time when you - as the Bible says - [1] Believed on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, [2] Believed that God raised him from the dead in a literal resurrection, [3] confessed your sins to God in repentance, and [4] followed Christ as not only Savior, but Lord?

Being saved is not rocket science and it is a ONE time event.  But that one time event has to be a surety.

The daily walk - bad time, good times, in-between times - are  part of sanctification.  That means the root of salvation of growing fruit in your life.  Hard times will help your bear fruit as well as good times if you are following Christ daily.

Being a Christian is not "believing in God".  The Bible says that even demons believe there is a God and they tremble over it.  But demons are not saved.

I cannot say at ALL if you are a Christian or not because that's not my place.  I'm just confused as to your calling yourself one and then saying that you couldn't be saved.

You are either saved or not saved.  Bad days come and go.  Doubts fly in our heads sometimes like flocks of horrible buzzards.

But our salvation does not waver.  That because GOD saves.  Not us.  If salvation were up to us - we would never be saved at all.

And yes, being a Christian is hard sometimes.  Very hard sometimes.

And no, there are no perfect Christians with perfect smiles, faces, and lives.

The devil wants you to hate your life.....he does that because he wants you ineffective for Christ.  I want you to trust me on this - I speak from literal experience!

I just want you to know I've been there.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/13/2019 at 3:19 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I believe in God ..funny I even helped a doubting friend come back to God who I thought was more hopeless than me ...but 

I can never help myself. Its always a cycle of being happy with god short term then being firey mad at God the next... In another post I explained 

how I felt like I'm in God's darkest shadow... the silence sucks, lack of guidance... I just feel left to my own devices and I'm at a point I don't feel like trying any more.

I feel bad feeling so mad and angry at God, I feel he feels the same towards me... 

I just feel alone in life. 

I honestly don't know if it'll get better and I'm starting not to care anymore. Like I don't care where I go eternally. I know that's horrible bt I just don't care anymore. 

I just feel like being a Christian is too hard for me, Ive tried and its frustrating. I don't havemuch love for God and it just feels like a dead one sided relationship anyway.. I don't think I ccan be saved anyway.

God is there for you, believe in it and study the word of God, Start with the gospels, and take it from there. Faith comes by reading the word of God.