• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom everyone,

Please bear with me on this thought for a short while.

Suppose for a moment you were reading Sherlock Holmes and I happened to be a scholar on the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  Imagine you had an insight on the novel that you shared with me and I replied “No, no! What Doyle is saying here is this and that! And, when you look at what he wrote in another novel, it proves that he means this and that! You’re wrong.”   What would you think of my attitude? How could I know this for sure?  I’m not the author, so who am I to speak so boldly on the matter?

Some of us do the very same with the Word of God and it’s not healthy.   We might feel we have been given an insight but why the boldness?  Why do we take a hard and arrogant stance saying “No, No! What God is saying here is this and that! And, when you look at what he wrote in another book, it proves he means this and that!”  Even if you did happened to be right, isn’t your attitude condescending and divisive?

To the brothers and sisters that do such things, please understand that Word is not meant to be used as a sword against each other.  Don’t become so proud and bold when speaking on God’s behalf. Because if you are right, you have been a poor representative. But, if you are wrong…

Some scriptures that I thought I knew so well changed completely as I matured spiritually and will probably grow even more as I get older. Am I the only one who witnesses this miracle?  The Word of God is alive!  Don’t be fooled by the bold, sturdy letters on the pages in front of you. The Word of God is indeed alive.  Only the author, the Holy Spirit of Yahweh, can speak to us saying “this means that”. Only the Messiah could speak on scripture with such authority. So let’s not embarrass ourselves trying to do the same thing whilst causing division and doubt in our own family.  

Is it not better to say “I THINK this means that” or “I BELIEVE this means that”?  If you are right, Praise Yahweh, you have been a wise representative. But, if you are wrong, you won’t look as foolish when corrected. 

Imagine that Sherlock Holmes scenario once more. Again, you share your opinion on a novel but this time I listen intently and understand your perspective. After discussing your views to learn more, then I share my thoughts. I start softly with “What I think Doyle may be saying this…”.  Which scholar would you prefer to fellowship with? Which one would you be more likely to approach on tough matters?

Permit me to summarise the above in this final thought: The Pharisees used the Tanakh as a hard fixed code and legalistically punished others with it - missing the heart intention of the Scriptures.  Let’s not fall into the same trap with the New Testament.

Love & Shalom

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I have been reproved for speaking too forcefully many times.  It puts me in a difficult position.  If I am putting forth a theory or making a guess as to the meaning of something, it is easy to say 'Perhaps it means this:"   But if the Lord is inspiring me to speak up I tend to do it with authority and joy or enthusiasm.  So it comes across with some boldness..  I can't truthfully say it is my own thought or doing and fumble with my words with uncertainty.  Neither am I dogmatic about the interpretation I shared but feel that others may be revealing a different aspect or from a different perspective.  

Perhaps there is as much fault on the part of the hearer in being closed to new thoughts and to not prayerfully search the scriptures to see of these things are true.  Sometimes it is the hearers that are arrogant about their own ideas and quick to judge others.  

Act 4:31  And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.

Eph 6:18  praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, Eph 6:19  and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, Eph 6:20  for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

39 minutes ago, Willa said:

I have been reproved for speaking too forcefully many times.  It puts me in a difficult position.  If I am putting forth a theory or making a guess as to the meaning of something, it is easy to say 'Perhaps it means this:"   But if the Lord is inspiring me to speak up I tend to do it with authority and joy or enthusiasm.  So it comes across with some boldness..  I can't truthfully say it is my own thought or doing and fumble with my words with uncertainty.  Neither am I dogmatic about the interpretation I shared but feel that others may be revealing a different aspect or from a different perspective.  

Perhaps there is as much fault on the part of the hearer in being closed to new thoughts and to not prayerfully search the scriptures to see of these things are true.  Sometimes it is the hearers that are arrogant about their own ideas and quick to judge others.  

Act 4:31  And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.

Eph 6:18  praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, Eph 6:19  and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, Eph 6:20  for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

Boldness is a virtue when you have “ eyes to see”. As you do.Keep on keepin’ on.You are a great asset here!