tyke

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Whether we like it or not,every saved, born-again Christian will have to go through a certain amount of trials and tribulations as we go through this life. The question is will we make it through or not ( 1Peter 4: 12,16, 19 ). With the help of the Holy Spirit ( John 14: 26 ) , were going to try and understand why we must go through these trials and tribulations and how the Lord helps us overcome them ( John 16:33 ; Acts 14:22 ; and Psalms 34:19 ).

There is basically 3 main reasons why each Christian has to face a certain amount of trials and tribulations. ( Romans 12:12 ).

The first one most Christians are familiar with so were not going to spend a whole lot of time here. When Adam and Eve both disobeyed God's command not to eat of the Tree of Good and Evil sin entered creation ( Gen. 3: 17-19 ).  Because of there actions everyone born after them would now have to go through trials and tribulations ( 1Peter 1: 6-7  and  John 16:33 ).

The second and God's highest way He sends trials and tribulations into our lives is for our Sanctification ( John 17: 17-49 ). The Lord wants to set us apart to become a more Holy people and to transform us into the express image of our Savior Jesus Christ the Lord. He wants to mold, shape, and transform us into a righteous and Holy people , but this transformation process can and will be a very painful process at times. Adversity seems to have a way of humbling us. This sanctification process will either help us to spiritually mature and to grow in the Lord or cause some of us to throw in the towel and quit ( James 1:2 ; Romans 5:3 ; 2 Cor. 4:16 ; 2 Cor. 12:9 ). I'm not going to list all the positive and negative things the Lord wants to put and take out of us, just a few to help us understand better. Positive: boldness, patience, steadfastness, humility, self control, compassion, increase our faith  and trust in Him. Negative: pride, self centered, bad tempers, Know it all, judgemental, and critical attitudes, jealousy, and gossip. 

The third reason God allows trials and tribulations to come into our lives is for the express purpose of testing our faith in Him ( Psalms 11:5 ; Job 23:10 ; Isaiah 48:10 and Proverbs 17:3 ). It's easy to have faith in the Lord when things are going great. When trials and tribulations comes are way, sadly some Christians turn away from God when they should be holding on to Him as tightly as they can ( Rom. 8:39 ).

We can keep a lot of unnecessary trials and tribulations from ever coming our way if we would just enter into a full surrender to the Lord and obey Him, no matter what. Then all the trials and tribulations that comes are way will come for our spiritual growth in the Lord-as hard as this fact is ( Psalm 34:19 and 1 Peter 1:6, 9 ).

I don't know anyone who enjoys trials and tribulations, including me, but over the course of 45 years the Holy Spirit has shown me several reasons why we go through them. He has shown me that some of the trials and tribulations that I went through not only helped my spiritual growth, but gave me a much better understanding of who I was in Jesus Christ our Lord ( John 16: 12-15 ). He has shown me that on several occasions He has elevated me to a new level of His calling of me to preach and teach His Word according to His will ( Isaiah 61:1 and Romans 10:15 ).

My prayer for all of you is that the Holy Spirit will give you a better understanding of your trials and tribulations. He has also PROMISED to give us a way out of them all ( 1 Corinthians 10 : 13 ). May the Lord our God be given all the praise and glory forever. Amen and Amen

Your brother in Christ the Lord