Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I feel as long as I've been saved there should be some fruit but there isn't and that's a problem. 

Even worse I have been filled with God's spirit and baptized  yet I feel far off like I don't have it ... It makes me wonder if maybe God left while I was in sin. 

I was also wondering do you think it's offensive to get baptized a 2nd time? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I know many people who were baptized a second time.  But it was because they realized they were never truly saved to begin with.  

They said they either:

• Got baptized because their little friends did at too early of an age without real understanding of salvation
  • Got baptized because they thought that's what saved them and never really trusted Christ - they just trusted the ritual
  • Got caught up in an emotional experience thought that was salvation - their life did not change and/or their life was not following Christ

Baptism as taught by the New Testament is a one-time thing for a person who has already confessed Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and has made the commitment to follow him and trust him completely.

If someone "gets saved [not really]" and gets baptized but then realized later that their salvation was not real, they should be baptized again - this time AS a believer.

But if a person "gets saved [TRULY saved]" and gets baptized, there is no precedent or reason for them to be baptized again.  Baptism is only a sign that [1] we are put to death with Christ [going under the water] and risen to new life with him [coming out of the water].  Going through that a second time if you are genuinely saved to start with is not offensive, but does nothing for you.

Romans 6:3-4 = "Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel as long as I've been saved there should be some fruit but there isn't and that's a problem. Even worse I have been filled with God's spirit and baptized  yet I feel far off like I don't have it ... It makes me wonder if maybe God left while I was in sin. 

Oh, I forgot this question that you asked first.....[that's the one I mean to address]

You just don't KNOW how many times I don't "feel" the fruit of the Spirit and there's always a reason for it.  The Holy Spirit is the one that  - I'm going to use an agricultural metaphor - he cultivates and plants and grows that fruit:  love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, meekness, goodness, faith, and self-control.

But here is what I find in my own life:  The Holy Spirit either cannot or will not produce that fruit [I cannot produce them by myself] when the soil of my life is nothing but sand.

Here's what interferes with my "fruit-bearing":

• the more days I go without reading my Bible and prayer, the dryer and dryer I feel and I can honest feel these fruits drying up
  • the more I hang on to and nurse bitterness, disappointments, fear, and anger - the absolutely PARCHED I feel and the LAST thing I can detect in my life is peace, joy, love, self-control.....etc.
  • the more of the world and flesh that I center on - the less of the fruit of the is born in my daily life.

Those things interfere like mad in my life when I allow it to.

Before Paul lists the fruit of the Holy Spirit in Galatians, he lists the fruit of the flesh.  If these desires of the flesh are fueled inside of us, then the fruit of the Holy Spirit will not be what it coming forth from us.  Perhaps we all should start with Paul's FIRST list and cast out these fleshly actions and desires.

Galatians 5:16-24 - "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,  idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,  envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

You need to train yourself with fasting regularly, without it you may loose the battle against your own flesh and lust, like Daniel did.

try for instance, one day 1x24 hour drinking water only, so after lunch, you dont eat anything until another lunch at the next day.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel as long as I've been saved there should be some fruit but there isn't and that's a problem. 

Even worse I have been filled with God's spirit and baptized  yet I feel far off like I don't have it ... It makes me wonder if maybe God left while I was in sin. 

If you were baptised as a believer there's no reason to get baptised again. Baptism should be a one-off event.

As for showing fruit of the Spirit:

1) Fruit takes time to grow. We all like instant results, but in the Christian life this is quite unusual.

2) The harvest depends not only on the seed but also on the farmer. The more effort you put in to your sanctification (by obedience), the more fruit you will see.

10 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

You need to train yourself with fasting regularly, without it you may loose the battle against your own flesh and lust, like Daniel did.

try for instance, one day 1x24 hour drinking water only, so after lunch, you dont eat anything until another lunch at the next day.

Fasting can be a wonderfully powerful tool in the life of a Christian.  God will really work when we fast.  With that being said, you left out a critical point.

Spiritual fasting is not just abstaining from food for a time.   It's what you replace that eating with.

It's a seeking of God so profound that you forego what keeps you alive - food.  I wouldn't fast from water, but that's just me.

If you choose to fast for a day, then for the times that you would normally eat - you should pray like mad for God to teach you and you should read the Bible like mad for the same purpose and even fall on your face before him [doesn't have to be on the floor, can be across the bed] and quietly sing praises to God.

Meditation of scriptures is good, but not meditation where you "empty" your thoughts - that's when the devil will invade.

Anyway, the point is that the time of denial of food must be replaced with intense prayer, Bible study, worship, and a private, private time with God seeking his face.

Oh, and not everyone can go 24 hours with no food - I am a diabetic and can't do that.  If I fast, I eat a scrambled egg/toast at about 10:00 and don't eat the rest of the day, but do drink water.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, Figure of eighty said:

This happens to multitudes of souls worldwide.   Some times because it is true.  Sometimes not. 

To see without argument or squabbling some tried and true, tested and proven Scriptural teachings,  look at worthychristianlibrary dot com. (this is on this site, or directly thru the url.  Click on "worthy ministries" then library above left corner, or type in the address).

The best that used to be in the "library" was by watchman nee, but it is no longer there.   Don't know why.  The rest is still mostly all good and tested and proven in line with all Scripture, free to read (while it is still there, or course - don't know when it might be gone too) .

• This is Worthy 1