existential mabel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

no really long scriptures now good people!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi mabel,

Good morning/evening, Now I would say to be `Spirit filled,` is an ongoing receiving of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We desire and then just receive with a grateful heart and continue day by day to walk with the Lord by His Holy Spirit. A key, I believe is to `receive,` continually in our lives.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

51 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

Have the same mind/ attitude as Jesus.   Simple.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

When we are first saved we surrender our live to Jesus as our Lord and Master, or Supervisor.  We want Him to lead us and direct our paths.  We ask Him to come into our lives to live and work through us to tell others of His love by word and deed.  After some time we may feel we have no more to give, or we may discover other areas of our lives that we need to surrender to to Him.  We need to be refilled with His Spirit.   As Marilyn, said, we need to be continually filled with Him.  Perhaps it is a reminder of our dependance on Him.  Sometimes we need to crucify our self life and humble ourselves before Him continually.  Just saying, if we are full of ourselves there is little room for Christ.  Pride prevents us from surrendering to Him and keeps us in a state of rebellion.  These things must be repented of to be filled with the Spirit of God and to be refilled.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit results in a greater depth in our relationship with God and a more intimate relationship, a greater desire for purity in our lives and a diminished interest in the values of the world, and more love and power to do God's will.  

52 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Have the same mind/ attitude as Jesus.   Simple.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Willa and Marilyn have both brought good insight to this topic. Personally' I believe we become spirit filled at the point of salvation, when Jesus entered our life, He filled us with His Spirit. Then, He has opportunity to "continue" in the transforming of us into His character. God bless.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom Mabel,

Amen to the above. And it feels like their is a spring inside you, deep at the centre of your body, which feels joyful, exciting and peaceful, reassuring and nourishing. Sometimes the love can be a quietly bubbling and other times like the love could burst out of you. It seems to correlate directly with how worldly we are being or not. This could be what others are saying about a fresh refilling of the Spirit. Either way, a quiet bubbling fountain or bursting spring, there is Love & Shalom 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 hours ago, existential mabel said:

To be filled with th eSpirit is to be supplied with the ability to do as God commands in all that is done, doing all things to the Glory of God. As example:

The Lord said to Moses,  “See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah,  and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability and intelligence, with knowledge and all craftsmanship,  to devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze,  in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, to work in every craft.  And behold, I have appointed with him Oholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. And I have given to all able men ability, that they may make all that I have commanded you:  the tent of meeting, and the ark of the testimony, and the mercy seat that is on it, and all the furnishings of the tent,  the table and its utensils, and the pure lampstand with all its utensils, and the altar of incense,  and the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils, and the basin and its stand,  and the finely worked garments, the holy garments for Aaron the priest and the garments of his sons, for their service as priests, and the anointing oil and the fragrant incense for the Holy Place. According to all that I have commanded you, they shall do.”

And the Lord said to Moses,  “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.  Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.  Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever. It is a sign forever between me and the people of Israel that in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

And he gave to Moses, when he had finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, the two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,775
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is in this way considered full of The Spirit Acts 6&7 Stephen was about one thing proclaiming the Word of God as the preeminent truth and not even his life was a consideration in the proclamation of such …. It is written:

Acts 6:2-6
 3 Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; 4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word." 

5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, 6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them. 
NKJV

Acts 7:54-60

54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!" 

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; 58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep. 
NKJV

"Lord, do not charge them with this sin."   ~    "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

The Holy Spirit is referred to as 'The Spirit of Christ' Rom 8:9 and we see it here in Stephen as Jesus' Own heart beat within him.... we see the magnitude and depth of the fulness of God within by the power of love for those who are even in the process of hating us... if you have feelings other than love for God or anyone then you are not completely filled with The Holy Spirit! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi mabel,

Good morning/evening, Now I would say to be `Spirit filled,` is an ongoing receiving of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We desire and then just receive with a grateful heart and continue day by day to walk with the Lord by His Holy Spirit. A key, I believe is to `receive,` continually in our lives.

Marilyn.

Ah ha receive now that is very interesting you should say that Maz as I definitely feel things have changed for me since Christmas …and you have hit the nail on the head.

The receive signal just needs to get more tuned in as it keeps breaking up due in large part to anxiety

19 hours ago, Willa said:

When we are first saved we surrender our live to Jesus as our Lord and Master, or Supervisor.  We want Him to lead us and direct our paths.  We ask Him to come into our lives to live and work through us to tell others of His love by word and deed.  After some time we may feel we have no more to give, or we may discover other areas of our lives that we need to surrender to to Him.  We need to be refilled with His Spirit.   As Marilyn, said, we need to be continually filled with Him.  Perhaps it is a reminder of our dependance on Him.  Sometimes we need to crucify our self life and humble ourselves before Him continually.  Just saying, if we are full of ourselves there is little room for Christ.  Pride prevents us from surrendering to Him and keeps us in a state of rebellion.  These things must be repented of to be filled with the Spirit of God and to be refilled.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit results in a greater depth in our relationship with God and a more intimate relationship, a greater desire for purity in our lives and a diminished interest in the values of the world, and more love and power to do God's will.  

i am discovering that i need more of the Holy Spirit or is it Jesus. anyway when i do the stress levels reduce and i can tackle things again. maybe i am becoming more sensitive of this or just fed up of anxiety! and just recently i am finding that i can talk a wee little bit about Jesus to others

6 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Mabel,

Amen to the above. And it feels like their is a spring inside you, deep at the centre of your body, which feels joyful, exciting and peaceful, reassuring and nourishing. Sometimes the love can be a quietly bubbling and other times like the love could burst out of you. It seems to correlate directly with how worldly we are being or not. This could be what others are saying about a fresh refilling of the Spirit. Either way, a quiet bubbling fountain or bursting spring, there is Love & Shalom 

i have been expereinceing this just lately even in the most trying of situations which can only mean its of the Holy Spirit. been a long road and having to let go of the major setbacks and failures that would fill a catologue. obviously God needs me to be humble eeeek

• Praise God! 1