• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

Hello there,

Exodus 26 is where the thread, in which turns are taken by members to quote consecutive verses from Scripture, has reached.  Which details the divine instructions for the making of the tabernacle.  It is so precise and ordered, and the pattern had to be observed to the last detail: and it causes me to wonder, yet again, at the fine embroidered work on the robes worn by priests in the churches of today, and ask by what authority and to whose pattern they are made?  

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,889
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello there,

Exodus 26 is where the thread, in which turns are taken by members to quote consecutive verses from Scripture, has reached.  Which details the divine instructions for the making of the tabernacle.  It is so precise and ordered, and the pattern had to be observed to the last detail: and it causes me to wonder, yet again, at the fine embroidered work on the robes worn by priests in the churches of today, and ask by what authority and to whose pattern they are made?  

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Man's authority, man's pattern, Christine.

There's a counterfeit Christ being preached, one that requires robes, rituals, repititious readings, and reverence of vestment clad clergy. In the past the debate was known as the "Vestarian Controversy", apparently initiated by one John Hooper who rejected clerical vestiments in the Church of England under Edward VI, an assertion later revived under Elizabeth I.

Quote: He (John Hooper) maintains that priestly garb distinguishing clergy from laity is not indicated by scripture; there is no mention of it in the New Testament as being in use in the early church, and the use of priestly clothing in the Old Testament is a Hebrew practice, a type or foreshadowing that finds its antitype in Christ, who abolishes the old order and recognises the spiritual equality, or priesthood, of all Christians.

Sourced by searching: Vestments Wkpd.

I can't imagine the 12 Apostles had much interest in priestly embroidered robes and ceremonial headgear.