• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Isn't that something, I have an elderly relative  to go visit today. At my age, ha! Whodathunkit?

Seems like I was born  the middle of the sandwich generation. I thought I would live long enough to outgrow having that lower slice of bread, or maybe become the top slice, but no I seem to be in the middle always. Pretty soon I'll have as many years  on me as the big band in the parade has trombones.

Seems there are a few of us on this board that have reached geezer-realmhood, but are still the middle of the generational sandwich. Maybe 75 is the new 50, and I can yet go through a middle life crisis. Whatever that is. Here I am, about to build a retirement cabin. Is that kinda weird or is it what geezers are doing today?

Praise God for the many opportunities and blessings, It is a new avenue before me, in a strange place, in a remote land of opportunity, and all I do want is a smallish prayer closet and study time, a small library insulated from noise  excepting the sounds of birds in the trees. My mind's eye sees a little place cliffside into the tips of the trees of the deep wood,- a birdhouse for me. Yet there is the pull of the other new venture, a new to me local (city) church body so full of enthusiasm and joy and fellowship where the Holy Spirit almost overwhelms at worship. I am about to attend membership class there. Ha, after some 22 years  membership at the local body of Christ I worked at for 14 yars I am being led to something new to me ( I still love my local body of Christ it's elders and my pastor and friends, yet I am being led onward I guess). God is amazing in His manner of moving us to where we  are to serve, yet there is always just a little tension -to keep us alert I guess.

Praise God for the adventure-

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

That's nice you are finding a sound new church body to call home.   In what State will you build your retirement cabin?    I'm glad you are able to do these things.   I am still in a holding pattern in Los Angeles. :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Debp said:

That's nice you are finding a sound new church body to call home.   In what State will you build your retirement cabin?    I'm glad you are able to do these things.   I am still in a holding pattern in Los Angeles. :)

Hi, Yes it is a neighboring church with many  of the people I knew from days of old at the local body that I worked at for 14 years. Both are in my opinion very sound., we are all friends. It is just God is moving me along, to what I do not yet know, just feel led at this time, and so I go. 

I am joining  the halfbacks, the Northerners NewEnglanders mostly that moved to Florida years ago and now are moving halfway back to North Carolina We will be very near the Tennessee border. My bank teller and her husband close on a home there Friday. As I said before, seems everyone is headed there that I meet lately.

Hey some still love So. Cal.! Many still move in with the idea they are getting in on the ground floor.  Take care, be safe, and may God protect and lead you along your journey ways too.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

58 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Yes it is a neighboring church with many  of the people I knew from days of old at the local body that I worked at for 14 years. Both are in my opinion very sound., we are all friends. It is just God is moving me along, to what I do not yet know, just feel led at this time, and so I go. 

I am joining  the halfbacks, the Northerners NewEnglanders mostly that moved to Florida years ago and now are moving halfway back to North Carolina We will be very near the Tennessee border. My bank teller and her husband close on a home there Friday. As I said before, seems everyone is headed there that I meet lately.

Hey some still love So. Cal.! Many still move in with the idea they are getting in on the ground floor.  Take care, be safe, and may God protect and lead you along your journey ways too.

Still the problem of high rents...rent increase each year.   And bad management took over our apartment building a few years ago.   But hard for my elderly mom and I to know what to do and where to go.    I am weeding out some more little things just in case we ever do move.... sometimes push comes to shove.