douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

John 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

One of the reasons for John's baptism was to identify Jesus as the son of God, on whom, Israel was to believe on for eternal life.

John also was preaching that Jesus would baptize Israel with the Holy Ghost. The new covenant promised that the Holy Spirit would be given to Israel. Jeremiah 31:31 Ezekiel 36:27

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter spoke to Israel of the promise of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Peter commanded baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the promise of the Holy Spirit. Remission of sins, and the Holy Spirit were promised under Israel's new covenant.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

John was baptizing for repentance for the remission of sins. This is what the disciples of Ephesus were baptized unto.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Israel was to repent, and believe on Christ Jesus.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

These disciples were baptized after the manner that Peter was preaching to Israel at Pentecost in Acts 2:38.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Just as Peter preached, the disciples received the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

These disciples, believing on Jesus, and being baptized, also spoke with tongues, just as Jesus said in Mark 16:17.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Paul had knowledge of the law and the prophets, which spoke of the new covenant, and promise of the Holy Ghost, which would be given to Israel. Paul also upheld the gospel of the circumcision, which Peter preached, and the commanded baptism.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

John was sent to baptize, Paul was not.

Paul baptized because as long as Israel was promised the coming kingdom, baptism was commanded. Israel began to be diminished, and the coming kingdom was delayed, so Paul stopped baptizing. Romans 11:12

In the future, baptisms will be resumed, Israel will be restored, and will enter the kingdom. Mark 16:15 Matthew 28:19 Luke 12:32

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So many verses trying to twist the Scripture but only one is needed to know your error:

Matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, enoob57 said:

So many verses trying to twist the Scripture but only one is needed to know your error:

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
KJV

Matt 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter obviously have been inspired by Almighty God Yahwe in heaven but He has not received the Holy Spirit yet, because Jesus told them to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit baptism.

Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you hv acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God and have been baptized with water, it doesnt necessarily means you have already received the Holy Spirit.

Example : Paul confers the gift of the Holy Spirit to the BELIEVERS of Christ after they have received water baptism.
Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and THEY SPOKE IN TONGUES and prophesied.

Peter and John placed their hands to BELIEVERS WHO HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED so they may rcvd the Holy Spirit.
16 For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZE THEM THEY SPOKE IN TONGUE
Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

BUT WHY DID GOD CHOOSE TO CONTROL THE TONGUE ?

James 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

HOW COULD WE SURVIVE OUR FAITH WITHOUT THE COMFORTER/ HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM ?
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, enoob57 said:

KJV

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. Matthew 28:16

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Matthew 28:18

Consider these preceding verses; Who was Jesus commanding to teach all nations? Was it not the eleven disciples?

It is the same in Mark 16:15

Also the same in Luke 24:47 which says in addition, they were to begin in Jerusalem.