IGNORED

Words of wisdom from our brothers and sisters,what's on your mind?

angels4u

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 2/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, angels4u said:

Is there anything happening or did you read anything which you would like to share with other brothers and sisters, so we can all benefit from it?

What a great topic, this is something we have decided to do every week at one of the home church groups I attend. Our model is:

1 Cor 14:26:

"What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up."

I hope this thread will have people thinking, about what they can share with us, and perhaps also, give us ideas that we can share with others in our real world lives.

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

What a great topic, this is something we have decided to do every week at one of the home church groups I attend. Our model is:

1 Cor 14:26:

"What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up."

I hope this thread will have people thinking, about what they can share with us, and perhaps also, give us ideas that we can share with others in our real world lives.

Amen, come tell it to the mountains that Jesus Christ is Lord:emot-heartbeat:

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 1 Cor 4:18

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

You may be broken, but YOU ARE NOT USELESS.

No matter where we are in life, God has more in store.

He never wants you to quit growing.

Seeing and feeling your brokenness every day is painful.

Growth is painful

Change is painful.

But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.

Give God your broken crayons He will use them. ?️

61345130_10216658719079000_6748090686618206208_n.jpg

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

• George pinned this topic

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
2 Cor 4:16

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@angels4u :) This thread is such a great encouragement! These last couple days the scriptures you have posted in it have been a special blessing...full of hope and comfort:emot-heartbeat:

• Loved it! 3

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

He must increase, I must decrease.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

“He sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.”
—Job 5:11

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/21/2019 at 8:37 AM, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom my family,

I have been studying the Levitical sacrifices recently and it's amazing how each one can teach us more about the Father, Son and Spirit. 

To avoid rambling on, I'll just give you an interesting nugget which I hope will encourage you to look at the system in a new light.

We, of course, refer to these offerings to Yahweh as a "sacrifice". The connotation of that word means giving up at your own expense or losing something personal for another cause. Whilst that is indeed true, consider the original Hebrew word "Korban". Korban means to draw closer or to get nearer. How vastly different!

Therefore, rather than thinking "sacrifice" which focuses on what WE are giving up, if we understand it as "korban" we can focus on the fact that this is a gift to Yahweh - to draw nearer to Him, to get closer to Him. Praise Yahweh that he instilled a system to enable man to get closer to Him!

Consider the English terms for the Hebrew terms below to see how they are brought to life with this understanding

• Burnt Offering: Korban Olah - to draw close through an ascending offering
  • Grain Offering: Korban Minchah - to draw close through a gift offering
  • Fellowship Offering: Korban Shelamim - to draw close through a thanksgiving offering

Every Korban process has great significance as well, it's not arbitrary - but that's for another time.

For now, think on this. Israel had a morning Korban Olah and and evening Korban Olah, besides all the other offerings.  Now, scripture mentions that Daniel was praying at the time of the evening Korban Olah when he received a vision... So maybe a practise that we are being taught is for a morning and evening prayer (at sunrise and sunset), to give our thanksgiving so that we can "draw close through an ascending offering" with prayer.  This is also reminiscent of the ascending incense before Ark of the Covenant, which is identified as the prayers of the saints. 

As for me, I have been doing this and, not only do I love it, but I feel it's a right and dutiful to do so. To thank the Father at the beginning of the day, for all that he has blessed you with, and at the end of the day for sustaining you and those you love through another day. I really don't feel it's legalistic (sometimes I miss sunrise and sunset!) but I feel that it helps keep me on track with daily gratitude and humility. 

So many interesting revelations surround the Tabernacle. Such a fascinating topic.

Love & Shalom

Thank you for sharing this important truth; instead of focusing on what we are giving up, we should focus on the value of offering a gift that is worthy and valuable to God: our sacred worship of Him.  But in so many ways, this privilege of drawing close to God can be corrupted if we don't continue to develop a proper attitude regarding Him.  By the time of Jesus Christ’s ministry on earth, a condemnable practice had developed in connection with gifts dedicated to God. In regard to this, Jesus denounced the Pharisees as hypocrites because they put their own tradition ahead of God’s law. Professing to safeguard for God what had been declared “corban,” they set aside the divine requirement to honor one’s parents. (Mt 15:3-6) A person might simply say, ‘Be it corban,’ or, ‘It is corban,’ regarding his property or some part of it. Pharisees at that time taught that once a person declared his possessions to be “corban,” or a gift dedicated to God, he could not use these to satisfy the needs of his parents, however needy they might be, though he could make use of such possessions himself until his own death if he chose to do so. Thus, although these Pharisees professed to honor God, their hearts were not in accord with his righteous requirements.—Mr 7:9-13.  May we all continue to supplicate God with our corban and make sure these precious gifts to God are genuine.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1