• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, existential mabel said:

ok so we are most definately in the last days. everyday pretty much i hear things on the news i see in the street..i am not good with the full on explanation. with my  family i worry about this and others. people dont take any notice of me at best or dismiss me that has been my life upto date.

how can you tell people and not alienate them whilst you are doing it?

how can you keep it simple and not do a church sermon on them? or sound sanctimonious?

what if you are still have much to learn yourself

my life is changing and people are seeing and making comments. for me i can only do stuff by living it i cant quote it its just not what i am able to do. and so at best it would end up disjointed and contradictory.

not sure if this is exactly what i want to say but i thought that i would make a start maybe ...

Keep it simple, stick to the good news of the gospel when witnessing.  The Holy Spirit will let you know when, just be ready to act.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Mabel, I agree with Marilyn and Selah, not real sure where PepperS is with his/her  thinking, we are surely much closer to the end from when we first believed! You just have to look at what is happening Globally to recognise the signs of the times, we are surely right on the doorstep.  We know that we are made up of 3 parts, Spirit, Soul and Body. This body/tent in which we inhabit is bound for destruction, our soul is about our emotions, feelings etc, and it is our Spirit that exists for eternity. In the parable of the sower, his job was to go out and sow, where it fell, that's where it lay. As Apostle Paul communicated, " I laid the foundation, Apollos watered, but it's God who gives the increase." As dear Marilyn mentioned, "just keep on sowing." Look, we're not going to please all the people all the time, someone is surely going to be offended, it's just how some people are. That's not our concern, if we've "sown in love," how other people receive it isn't our concern. And as my dear departed Dad used to say to me, "son, just keep looking up and Praise Jesus," He has our backs and He will surely take care of the rest. As always, I hope this helps, God bless.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, existential mabel said:

how can you keep it simple and not do a church sermon on them? or sound sanctimonious?

It is pretty obvious the Lord has made your salvation very real to you, and laid it on your heart, and you have a great need to share this "great news" to those who are not aware.
I personally am also concerned when discussing the gospel, to not point fingers at anybody, but myself.  I usually simply give my reason for loving God.
I share and not shout. I explain how I didn't know the truth, but now I do, and am just a beggar, telling another beggar, where to find bread.
I give the simple gospel. I was lost, and now I'm found. I cried out. And He heard. And He drew me, and HE showed me the truth, through many other faithful believers, the good news that God loves us, and sacrificed His son to save us, from eternity in hell. Hell is real. The word is true. Trust God's word. Believe. Have faith in His word, to us.
Then I give them the word, an amplified bible, easy to read. Tell them "don't trust me, trust what you read"
Then, really pray for them. Intercede. (It works)
And trust God to do His part.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, PepperS said:

I was told as a child, I would not make it to adulthood before tribulation broke out. Hardly anyone talked about rapture theories before 1977. Can you imagine what that does to the psyche of a child. Here I am about to turn 60.

The Lord could return tomorrow or he could wait centuries. It is very arrogant to tell people it will be in their lifetime: like we are God and could know such a thing.

Matthew 24:36

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Hi PepperS,

Do you realise that the Matthew scripture was spoken to the people of Israel who were in darkness. However to the Body of Christ, the Holy Spirit writes through the Apostle Paul - `But you, brethren are NOT IN DARKNESS that this day should overtake you as a thief..` (1 Thess. 5: 4) and

`...exhorting (WARNING) one another, and so much the more as you SEE THE DAY APPROACHING.` (Heb. 10: 25)

Thus we are told we are NOT IN DARKNESS and to WARN, as mabel is saying, all the more as we SEE the day approaching. Are you in darkness that you cannot see the day approaching? `Therefore let us NOT SLEEP, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.` (1 Thess. 5: 6)

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, PepperS said:

How do you know we are in the last days? I am not convinced.

Looking through world history, we are in a better place than ever before as a whole. Vaccinations, hygiene, proper nutrition, trade etc has made the world better in many ways. I am not saying there is not sin and suffering still. But, I don't see that the world is worse off than ever before. The gospel is also being spread worldwide.

I realize it is exciting to read Left Behind and that it is exciting to discuss the horrors of the antichrist and his reign. But for all I know we have centuries and centuries left. Concentrate on winning souls today. 

Until the Jewish Temple is rebuilt, we are not in the 70th Week of Daniel (the end time).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

We should warn others even if the end is not for another thousand years since we all live only 100 years at best

or we could die from any number of causes any day.

Then eternity. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 2/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, existential mabel said:

ok so we are most definately in the last days. everyday pretty much i hear things on the news i see in the street..i am not good with the full on explanation. with my  family i worry about this and others. people dont take any notice of me at best or dismiss me that has been my life upto date.

my life is changing and people are seeing and making comments. for me i can only do stuff by living it i cant quote it its just not what i am able to do. and so at best it would end up disjointed and contradictory.

not sure if this is exactly what i want to say but i thought that i would make a start maybe ...

Dear Sister @existential mabel... I'll keep this short and simple... it's always interesting to read and see certain peoples beliefs one way or the other especially in these forums (especially when 'some' get a bit carried away ?... just saying ?)...

Anyhow, at the end of the day, 'you' continue to live Jesus in your life, as you walk with Him, the Holy Spirit will guide you and give you the words to speak to whomever the Father puts on your path. There is no text book on sharing Jesus, other then your life, regardless if it is to non-christian/ believers alike...

1 Corinthians 16:13 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.[a] Be strong.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, existential mabel said:

Shalom existential mabel,

I don't know about you, but I've noticed more atheists start to ask what the Bible says is going to happen at the end.  It's interesting.  I think hearts are being stirred at this time, which is a time of so much uncertainty and moral ambiguity.

In terms of approaching the subject, I usually wait until someone complains to me about a situation in the world. Then I respond with "well, it said this would happen in the Bible..." and just leave it there. Inevitably they immediately follow up with "what do you mean? THAT's mentioned in the Bible?!" 

I think atheists and non-believers need to feel like they have stumbled across this mystery or discovered in and looked into it themselves. This will make it seem like a wonderful secret they have discovered.  Sometimes, being told things directly and forcefully (preachy) can cause them to put up there walls.  It's no use just barking the facts really. They need to realise you are of sound mind, reasonable and have peace because you know what the future brings.  That should hopefully give them the inspiration to look into it voluntarily. 

However, I pray that God shows me the windows of opportunity when they arise and to give me the strength, wisdom and courage to act on them when they do.  I think if you prayed this each day or before meeting with a certain person, the Spirit will lead you into a perfect way - that we mere men couldn't comprehend or anticipate.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 2/15/2019 at 12:59 PM, existential mabel said:

We need to be ready for the Lord's coming at all times. That has always been true. What if he comes today?

• Thumbs Up 1