existential mabel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Pauls Gospel says we can “ be ready” by believing his Gospel , given to him personally by Jesus Christ. Read 1 cor15:1-4. Believe it and don’t add to it with your works and you are good to go.Faith plus nothing.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, existential mabel said:

how can you keep it simple

Forget the last days, you'll only confuss people it is more important to get them talking about Jesus.

Questions to ask are:-

Why do you believe that?

What evidence do you have for that belief?

and be sure to be able to answer these questions yourself.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

No need to warn anyone. Share the gospel. Share what the bible actually says and let them get their own warnings. "Warnings" are important insomuch as they can sell books. Just ask Hal Lyndsey. ;)

The great commission is about sharing the gospel, not "warnings". 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

No need to warn anyone. Share the gospel. Share what the bible actually says and let them get their own warnings. "Warnings" are important insomuch as they can sell books. Just ask Hal Lyndsey. ;)

The great commission is about sharing the gospel, not "warnings". 

Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:
Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about end times stuff. Those verses are all warnings of a different type. The first two are warnings to professing Christians, not the lost world. The first is a warning against false teaching. The second is a warning about taking on a lifestyle and attitude of arrogance, and juxtaposing it against Paul's lifestyle, and a call to immitate it. 

The last is from the OT and is a warning to the wicked to turn from their way or they will die in their sin. It actually discusses repentance, but at a very high level that those, to whom it was written, did not understand from a Christian perspective. i.e. they did not have Jesus death and resurrection in their minds when they read this, so it's a bit out of scope.

But again, I assumed you were discussing an interpretation of current events as a sort of "end times" things to be warned about. Sorry...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

14 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Pauls Gospel says we can “ be ready” by believing his Gospel , given to him personally by Jesus Christ. Read 1 cor15:1-4. Believe it and don’t add to it with your works and you are good to go.Faith plus nothing.

1Cor GNB

CHAPTER 15

The Resurrection of Christ

1And now I want to remind you, my brothers and sisters, of the Good News which I preached to you, which you received, and on which your faith stands firm. 2That is the gospel, the message that I preached to you. You are saved by the gospel if you hold firmly to it — unless it was for nothing that you believed.

3I passed on to you what I received, which is of the greatest importance: that Christ died for our sins, as written in the Scriptures; 4that he was buried and that he was raised to life three days later, as written in the Scriptures;

Edited by existential mabel
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Faith IN JESUS .    not faith plus nothing .  for faith without works IS DEAD .

Teach it as FAITH IN CHRIST .    that slogan faith plus nothing contradicts James big time  .   If we have FAITH in CHRIST then we will have works

for it is the SPIRIT that works in us that which is WELL pleasing in HIS SIGHT .

Yall need to quit that faith plus NOTHING .  and say , FAITH IN JESUS .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

many thanks for the continuing interest in this thread. it is very helpful you guys.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Faith in Christ produces good works .      But faith without works is dead .     

And remember to stir one another up to do good works , for the Spirit would unction us to do that as well .

Did you know the beauty of it is this also .   Works will perfect faith .  Obediance unto HIM will perfect our faith .

But just cease with the faith plus nothing .    Instead say FAITH IN CHRIST .    And a hearer but not a doer ,   NOW their faith is dead .

Dead .   FOR if our faith is real , and we walk by the SPIRIT , then we would do good and not evil , BY THE SPIRIT . 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Of course it is faith in Jesus......I thought that would be obvious in a Christian Forum.Perhaps I will fall back on this—NOTHING BUT THE SHED BLOOD OF JESUS FOR SALVATION.PLUS NOTHING.Given enough time, works will follow.God working through us.Works, in and of themselves , do not save, nor do they keep us saved.Reread the words that are capitalized in this post—- THAT is Salvation.