• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, existential mabel said:

ok so we are most definately in the last days. everyday pretty much i hear things on the news i see in the street..i am not good with the full on explanation. with my  family i worry about this and others. people dont take any notice of me at best or dismiss me that has been my life upto date.

how can you tell people and not alienate them whilst you are doing it?

how can you keep it simple and not do a church sermon on them? or sound sanctimonious?

what if you are still have much to learn yourself

my life is changing and people are seeing and making comments. for me i can only do stuff by living it i cant quote it its just not what i am able to do. and so at best it would end up disjointed and contradictory.

not sure if this is exactly what i want to say but i thought that i would make a start maybe ...

If you tried to warn me I would politely tell you that the Lord didn't return yesterday, could return today, might return tomorrow and that I am ready, but the lost, alas, it will be too late for them if they are not ready when He comes. That's the truth of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, PepperS said:

How do you know we are in the last days? I am not convinced.

Looking through world history, we are in a better place than ever before as a whole. Vaccinations, hygiene, proper nutrition, trade etc has made the world better in many ways. I am not saying there is not sin and suffering still. But, I don't see that the world is worse off than ever before. The gospel is also being spread worldwide.

I realize it is exciting to read Left Behind and that it is exciting to discuss the horrors of the antichrist and his reign. But for all I know we have centuries and centuries left. Concentrate on winning souls today. 

Most of all those 'indications' you use are not only false,  but have been used to deceive countless billions (or millions anyway).

According to SCRIPTURE (remmber?)  ...... as WRITTEN......    we ARE "in the last hour" ....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

1 hour ago, existential mabel said:

Remember Jesus says:   "Blessed are you if you find nothing in ME (Jesus) to stumble over" (no offence)....

And that most/ many people STUMBLE over Jesus than not - MOST people reject Jesus and you and me , as many as are in Jesus. (they will take offense at you IF YOU TELL THE TRUTH - including on this forum)  

i.e. most people ARE alienated by Jesus, by Yahweh, and by Jesus' Followers..... (and ALL we say and do)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, 

Well guess "we" have been in the last days for about two thousand years now.  We are as you say "definitely in the time of the signs" now. I don't think the unsaved care a wit about end times as a reason to turn to God the Holy Spirit and listen to His call to them, nor as reason to  repent of sin against God the Father, onto receiving Jesus, who is God, as their savior.

End times may motivate us to speak up, but it is not the message of salvation for the unsaved that will motivate them to hear the Holy Spirit's call to them personally. The message is that their soul  might be required of them tonight- do they have certainty about what that will mean for them? Would they like to have certainty?  Jesus is that certainty, as He declared and as He lived for all to see. He is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by him.

Your body is finite, but your soul is not! It is eternal. ( That is an opening statement that can be declared). There is a serious problem of where the eternal soul will be when the body dies. Nothing of today's concerns  about the health of your body compares  in importance with knowing where the soul that does not die will be for eternity to come after the body dies.

Being cavalier about the eternal future of your soul is not going to change what happens, but hearing the Holy Spirit call to you to turn about your sin against God will. Have you  heard? Have you been listening? Have you been considering anything of what is the one real important  fact of life, your life?   These are openings, preamble to sharing the gospel of Jesus. May God bless you with boldness to speak, and the courage to speak without apology. May God bless and may God cause your family members to hear and to heed.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, existential mabel said:

ok so we are most definately in the last days. everyday pretty much i hear things on the news i see in the street..i am not good with the full on explanation. with my  family i worry about this and others. people dont take any notice of me at best or dismiss me that has been my life upto date.

how can you keep it simple and not do a church sermon on them? or sound sanctimonious?

my life is changing and people are seeing and making comments. for me i can only do stuff by living it i cant quote it its just not what i am able to do. and so at best it would end up disjointed and contradictory.

not sure if this is exactly what i want to say but i thought that i would make a start maybe ...

I have thought that the best and greatest gift I can give everybody, and anybody, those people I know, and those I don’t, is to make myself 100% obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ. Seeing how obedience to Him is the greatest gift of love I can  give to all. 

(My thinks,) 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Hi mabel,

Seems like some people here think differently. Anyway I would say keep doing what you are doing, and let your life be the example at the moment of what you believe. When the economic crash comes (soon, I believe) people will be quite concerned about their future, their money, their lifestyle. That will be the time for them to actually see that your heart is not `failing for fear of what is coming on the world,` as God`s word says, (Luke 21: 26)

It all has to do with timing, and at this time you, we, are being strengthened in our hearts by the Holy Spirit so as not to fear, but learning to listen.

Keep growing, keep listening, and it is the Lord`s responsibility to give you the right words at the right time. And it wont be a sermon, or a big eschatological discourse, but the truth of them having to face where they will spend eternity.

great topic, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Make it simple. People do not like really long posts. Tell them the true word of God. Give them the essentials and how to be saved. It is then up to God to open their heart. Life is full of choices. We make a choice in this life to spend our eternity in heaven or hell. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, PepperS said:

I was told as a child, I would not make it to adulthood before tribulation broke out. Hardly anyone talked about rapture theories before 1977. Can you imagine what that does to the psyche of a child. Here I am about to turn 60.

The Lord could return tomorrow or he could wait centuries. It is very arrogant to tell people it will be in their lifetime: like we are God and could know such a thing.

Matthew 24:36

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

You were told part of the truth as a child.   Now would be a good time to find out the rest of the truth.  (not on this forum;  but on this site - at worthychristianlibrary dot com,  perhaps)

If you really believe that believing Yahweh's Word (Scripture) and telling others what Yahweh's Word Says (in full, in Spirit, in Truth, as He Says)  is 'arrogant',  then you must think 'arrogant' is good ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, existential mabel said:

As Written "... who will believe ... "  ?  This is basically hidden in Yahweh (God) in Christ Jesus.  He is/was rejected by His Own people or no gentiles would not be grafted in possibly.   Since people reject Jesus and what Jesus Says (even on this forum),  they usually, most naturally, also reject what you might say, no matter how true and faithful to Scripture it might be (subject to testing, always).

Since His Word Says "Be Anxious for nothing",  do not worry.  That would be disobedient and not trusting Him.  Find out from Jesus and from His Word how to think as He Thinks, as written - have the mind of Christ, 

in His Kingdom - ".... not food and drink (not physical comforts),  but Righteousness, Peace and Joy (full daily, sheer grace, a gift not deserved, and not worked for , and not bought with money) ....