Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

You've seemed to find a wonderful way to expound on "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

What a nice devotional meditation for Saturday night. 

Blessings to you too.

• Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Not me said:

The greatest and most blessed place to be before God is to; 

“I don’t know, I don’t  see, I don’t understand.”

This realization, of how empty, and in need of everything we are. This understanding of the hopelessness of our situation, in and of ourselves. This is the comprehension of the scripture; 

“in my flesh dwells no good thing”. or .........

(in myself, all is sin,  and I am incapable of doing anything good or understanding anything correctly by my own strength.)

This understanding, by the heart of the believer, puts a believer in the best and the most growing position before God. Where the heart sees that unless God Himself does it, it will not get done, yet it must get done. For they see they are totally incapable of doing those things that are required. The heart that knows and sees this, is a heart that will stay on the cross. Will not get off to try to help God out. For it sees all its efforts are futile and will only be another act of trying to establish a righteousness of their own.  For it sees that only faith in God, pleases God,  and only faith can receive from God, and receive from God they must. 

Scripture says; 

1 Corinthians 8:2 (NASB)
If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know;

What truth is being brought forth here? How are we to understand this  scripture? 

The total realization of just how poor in both our ability and our understanding and knowledge, we are, in ourselves. Scripture says; 

1 Corinthians 11:31 (NASB)
But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged.

We are told we are to judge our own behavior in this world, but we are to judge rightly, as God would judge. But to judge  as God would judge we need to see our behavior as God sees our behavior. This is something that God Himself has to bring to past. But thanks be to God Himself, that He does, but He shows us, line upon line, here a little and there a little. For if we were to see our behavior as God sees it all at once we would find ourselves more than willing to pull off arms and legs to be freed from this monster called “self”. For if we were to see all the ramifications of our behavior, death would be much more preferable than to live one more second under the control of self. But this seeing self as it is, is something that needs to be done, if we are to grow. This judging ourselves as God does, is in itself, such a blessing, for in it, is the making of us running to the cross of Christ, that we can take our place in and with Him on the cross to be crucified with Him,  that we ourselves might be done away with. For the believer sees that his choice now is; 

To be stuck with himself or to flee to Christ Jesus for the new life that was promised him. 

This humility, for that is what it is. This emptying one’s self of all they are,  or as scripture says “all that was born in Adam” is, (if growth in Christ is desired) is the doorway to all growth. For scripture says: 

1 Peter 5:6 (NASB)
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,

It is this willingness to lay low for however long God deems it necessary. For the heart that is truly humble seeks not to be elevated. It only seeks for a more lower and greater humbling of itself. So that it’s only and sole desire is to empty itself of itself, that Christ Himself might become  their all and all. 

This is the most blessed place to come to. For it not only is the place of rest in God. It is our final place of rest in God. For once this state of heart is in the believer it is now a matter of it getting deeper and deeper. The humility before God never ends. It only gets more restful, more peaceful, more of Christ.

This heart that has learned to rest in Christ and not in themselves is a heart that God will most assuredly fill with Himself. For this simple reason; That is why God made man’s heart, to give Himself someplace to live. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

A good word, Not me. It stands as it is. On a lighter note, I am reminded of the tale told of a humble servant of the Lord who was recognized for being a humble servant of the Lord, and said "They gave me a badge for being humble...but I'm never going to wear it". 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,183
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Zemke said:

You've seemed to find a wonderful way to expound on "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

What a nice devotional meditation for Saturday night. 

Blessings to you too.

Thanks, so very much  for the kindness. Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great evening,

blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

A good word, Not me. It stands as it is. On a lighter note, I am reminded of the tale told of a humble servant of the Lord who was recognized for being a humble servant of the Lord, and said "They gave me a badge for being humble...but I'm never going to wear it". 

Thank you also. But a hat-tip has to go to “In Him.” For it was the “life” in one of that much beloved believer posts, that brought the idea for the post to my heart. After a few days for it to metastasize and stand before God, so I wrote. For any life that lifts up Christ and points to Him can cause increase and growth. 

Blessings 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1