• Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I said I would give you the last word.

I will also take the guidance of Paul to Timothy onto myself. 2 Tim 2:23

but yet you posted again? It seems to me Paul, when asked to prove his point, did so on Mars Hill. You have made the claim that it is legal for illegal citizens to work regular jobs and pay taxes, but you have not presented any evidence to support such a claim. Basic rule of debate is, if you make an assertion, you need to prove that assertion. If you can't back it up, then it is automatically assumed to be a false assertion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 minutes ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

but yet you posted again? It seems to me Paul, when asked to prove his point, did so on Mars Hill. You have made the claim that it is legal for illegal citizens to work regular jobs and pay taxes, but you have not presented any evidence to support such a claim. Basic rule of debate is, if you make an assertion, you need to prove that assertion. If you can't back it up, then it is automatically assumed to be a false assertion.

2 Timothy 2:23-26

Ha guess I could throw in Proverbs 12:15 too; but I won't . Have a grand day. It is so beautifully warm here sunshiny way too nice.  Think I'll head for the cold mountians of North Carolina for a few days. Get away from all the tourists and snow birds here whose beds are being cleaned by  illegals and whose food is being prepared by them.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

2 Timothy 2:23-26

Ha guess I could throw in Proverbs 12:15 too; but I won't . Have a grand day. It is so beautifully warm here sunshiny way too nice.  Think I'll head for the cold mountians of North Carolina for a few days. Get away from all the tourists and snow birds here whose beds are being cleaned by  illegals and whose food is being prepared by them.

I love when people misuse scripture in an attempt to win an argument they already lost. How about instead of doing that you present thr evidence asked for, or leave like you said that you would.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

So we see from vastly differing perspectives. May each of us be safe in the arms of our Lord eternally blessed to be with God.

Few are.

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Personally  I don't see us as being outriders for our Lord herding cattle and fighting off the rustlers. Instead  I see  us as sheep of the fold of Jesus following the voice of  our Good Shepherd,  our armor being the word of God the Bible. 

The sheep , as Jesus says,  are not ruling (nor fighting, except as written) .  The sheep are being slaughtered daily.   (while following Jesus)  "Sent out in the midst of wolves. "

The armor is what God's Word says it is - as in for example the breastplate of righteousness (LIVING DAILY RIGHTEOUS UNCOMPROMISING LIVES)  ,  and TRUTH - DAILY telling the truth to one another in Christ Jesus,  and as written " ..... do not lie any more to one another ..." .

And so on,  as written.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:30 AM, Neighbor said:

BTW they are the very best of workers

Yes,  it "appears" that way, and is often shown that way,  but they are idolators.    What does the BIBLE SAY happens to idolators who spread idolatry instead of stopping it ?

22 hours ago, Debp said:

I don't know for sure but I sure don't want one of those hot dogs.

Jesus does say to associate with the poor.    Eat what is placed before you, for the Gospel's sake. 

And somewhat:

Proverbs 17:1
Better a dry morsel in quietness than a house full of feasting with strife.

Ecclesiastes 4:6
Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and pursuit of the wind.

New International Version
Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.

New Living Translation
Better a dry crust eaten in peace than a house filled with feasting--and conflict.

English Standard Version
Better is a dry morsel with quiet than a house full of feasting with strife.

And did anyone notice and speak up when w&&mart opened hundreds or thousands of stores in small communities nationwide,  'forcing' by economics the closing of the small hardware stores and mom and pop /other/ small eateries ?

Then , more recently,  w&&mart closed a lot of its stores in small towns,  LEAVING NOTHING in place for the people of the area.

On 2/19/2019 at 7:07 AM, Neighbor said:

It galls me to state it but Nancy is right, we do need our illegals to have here to clean our hotel rooms and make our beds. Augh!!!! I agreed with a lefty liberal Demoncrat, auuuugh!

Not where and when and if the children indigenous to the country are raised in the way they should go.  

i.e. no illgeal aliens required IF Americans would train their children right in the way they should go. (instead of otherwise).

Admitted:  few Americans know how to, or what to do.

As to instructing (as written) the idolators (illegal or legal, both),

2 Timothy 2:26

and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

2 Timothy 2:25-26 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

25 in meekness instructing those in opposition. Perhaps God will give them repentance, that they may acknowledge the truth,

26 and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Edited by simplejeff

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Jesus does say to associate with the poor.    Eat what is placed before you, for the Gospel's sake. 

I do associate with the poor, many of my neighbors are poor.   The hot dogs I said I wouldn't eat are not being placed before me.....they are being sold on the street by street vendors.   The hot dogs are grilled on top of old oil drums on the street.    So I just prefer not to buy them....I don't think there is anything wrong with that.