Earleen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

On the other hand for those trying to escape a horrible life in Mexico and do not want to break any laws my heart goes out to them. I have compassion for their situation. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

On the other hand for those trying to escape a horrible life in Mexico and do not want to break any laws my heart goes out to them. I have compassion for their situation. 

Besides Mexico, many illegal immigrants are from Guatemala and some from El Salvador.   Perhaps some are from Nicaragua....but most of my neighbors are from Guatemala and Mexico.    I never ask their status, of course.   They are family type people and nice to this senior citizen.

However, I think it's best that illegal immigration is halted.   Many other countries do not allow a person into the country unless they can do a job that no citizen can do.    These countries are usually insulated by water, etc, so they have more control over illegal immigration.

I know a Christian Guatemalan man who immigrated here legally and brought his wife and children here legally although it took many years to get them here.   He would travel to Guatemala each year to see them until they came here legally.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

The problem with some of these political debates is that it takes our focus off the person and work of Jesus on the cross.  

The first obligation of the church is to take care of the widows and orphans in its own congregation, then in neighboring churches and ministries and in oversees missions.  It is not the responsibility of the government.  It may be a part of our personal outreach.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I dont blame them for wanting a better life, in their shoes id be trying to do the same. Its the system that makes it next to impossible to come across legally but encourages them to do so illegally with sanctuary cities and free handouts.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,515
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

Illegal immigrants come in, they dont pay taxes, so theres no money helping to pay for services they use such as roads. 

The ones that work, do so under the table for half the cost of American workers, stealing jobs.

The ones that dont are often on welfare which puts more burden on our government and takes it from American citizens that actually need it.

They are dependent on the government, or whatever employers will hire them which means while their quality of life is better then where they came from, theyre effectively slaves, controlled by either the crooked government or crooked employers.

Hi, Just have to declare that is not my experience at all.

Taxes are paid by illegals as   Social Security withholding is paid out of their paychecks without their receiving benefit of social security benefits.  State sales tax is paid. Federal excise tax is paid, gasoline tax is paid, unemployment insurance is paid, disability is paid FICA being withheld from their paychecks. 

They are not paid half wages under the table, they are on the payroll at rates equal to all that will work.

They are not slaves, in fact many are entrepreneurs building a future for themselves in the USA and at their homelands too.

They are really very wonderful individuals with the same need of Jesus as their Lord and savior as myself.

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Hi,

Compassion is a fine attribute, but is it not much like faith? Is it not dead without works? And what are the works that our Lord Jesus will have each of usindividually to be doing? For me that is the rub. I can say walls, tall walls, and more walls, but that does not do what God wills of me near as I can tell.  I remember the time Fidel Castro released some 25,000 Cubans to leave that country, and they landed at Miami. It was declared to be a great crisis for the USA, but Miami absorbed the twenty five thousand.

Seems to me that though there are jokes about little Havana just as there are jokes about Little Vietnams in the USA the actual result is  more individuals that  do build up a life in  the USA. What is needed is for the individual Christians to  welcome the illegal immigrant into th e fold of Christ Jesus, a universal call that needs to be anwsered and fulfilled.

There is effort amongst Christians to teach English, to feed of the word of God the Bible, to educate children and adults and to have fellowship as they do hear, heed, and join in the body  of Christ Jesus.

This immigration  is world wide. God is moving about the peoples of this earth. It is up to us to recieve them or to decide to repel them, but they are coming regardless. For God is not content with the way we or they are today. We are in spiritual warfare, using worldly tactics and strategies of walls and sepeartism will not gain the end goal wanted out of this spiritual warfare.

Opportunity is knocking, in fact opportunity is screaming and pounding. I pray the USA will become a beacon  of light to the unsaved world the beacon of those with a generous heart willing to give sacrificially to the goal of sharing with an unsaved world the gospel of Jesus in word deed and in all things material and spiritual, much  more than compassion  a very real sharing and help for the cause that is salvation by Christ alone is required of  the bodies of Chrurch Jesus and the universal church.

May God the Holy Spirit lead each of us into prayer and into motion that is helpful to all in need of God the Father  through His Son Jesus. May the Holy Spirit hover over  as well as actively indwell each of us, as we are led to be of good bond-servanthood to Jesus.  

May we never forget we are in Spiritual warfare.

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Just have to declare that is not my experience at all.

Taxes are paid by illegals as   Social Security withholding is paid out of their paychecks without their receiving benefit of social security benefits.  State sales tax is paid. Federal excise tax is paid, gasoline tax is paid, unemployment insurance is paid, disability is paid FICA being withheld from their paychecks. 

They are not paid half wages under the table, they are on the payroll at rates equal to all that will work.

They are not slaves, in fact many are entrepreneurs building a future for themselves in the USA and at their homelands too.

They are really very wonderful individuals with the same need of Jesus as their Lord and savior as myself.

Im not saying theyre not nice people, but unless theyre in a sanctuary city, they dont pay taxes...why because if they were to hold a regular job and file for taxes they stand a high chance of deportation. That us why the vast majority of them work under the table.

1 hour ago, PepperS said:

We need to go after the ones hiring them.

That would be an important step as well. Sometimes easier said then done...few years ago we had an out of town trucking outfit move in...underbid everyone in the water hauling business by at least 50%. At first no one could figure out how they were doing it and making money...until it became clear they were staffed fully by illegal immigrants who were paid half what other companies were paid and were ignoring DOT and overtime regulations...and when th3 authorities were alerted they "disapeared" but not before doing serious damage to the local economy, even running a couple other companies out of business. 

Come to find out thats how they operated...come into an area, work for a bit until people start to be suspicious, them move to a different area, change names and start over again. The authorities had been trying and still are to my knowledge to catch them for years with no luck.

16 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

Im not saying theyre not nice people, but unless theyre in a sanctuary city, they dont pay taxes...why because if they were to hold a regular job and file for taxes they stand a high chance of deportation. That us why the vast majority of them work under the table.

Has not been my experience over the many years of working with contract cleaning companies and in hiring workers directly.

There is no need to "pay under the table". What I cannot ( could not) do is report that  I think papers are false, that will ( would have) put me and my own employing company in jeopardy of losing a serious lawsuit even if the evidence is clear and the person is an illegal.

What we need do is to wait to receive notice that the person will cost us a $1500 a day fine if we do not remove them from our payeoll. That is our safe passage ticket. The workers all know this they work with it, and then disappear when they are told we or our contractors have received a notice that they cannot work for us. That notice can take years and years to receive, if ever.

BTW they are the very best of workers, from all over the world they come, doing very hard work that  most in the USA will not do at any price in this affluent welfare program rich land. I was paying a minimum of $15 an hour way back before it became the mantra of today $15. Our "own" though out of work refused to work hard jobs, not at any price will they dirty their hands.. I used to get on the phone and call them, but nope they didn't want the job, it wasn't in their line of work, not up to their standards for employment. They would rather not work  and just wait for their "career" job to open up once again sometime. The illegals were not taking jobs away they were filling them, still are.

It galls me to state it but Nancy is right, we do need our illegals to have here to clean our hotel rooms and make our beds. Augh!!!! I agreed with a lefty liberal Demoncrat, auuuugh!