douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Jesus was teaching the disciples gathered unto him.

Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

The disciples were being taught, and prepared, to enter the promised Davidic kingdom on earth.

Matthew 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Israel was to enter a time of great tribulation before entering the kingdom. During this time they would have to rely upon God to provide food for them.

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

This would be the hallmark of the Jews during the tribulation; they are commanded to love one another.

Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The coming kingdom of heaven will only be given to Jews who keep the commandments. If they do not forgive one another, as commanded, they will not enter the kingdom. See Matthew 18:23 thru Matthew 18:35

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Nobody ever has or will obey the commandments .......obey the Gospel.....be born again into the Body of Christ where your sins are already forgiven, even before you ask.That is Grace.......better go that route.....it is your only real hope....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

9 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Nobody ever has or will obey the commandments .......obey the Gospel.....be born again into the Body of Christ where your sins are already forgiven, even before you ask.That is Grace.......better go that route.....it is your only real hope....

Forgiveness of all sins of one's life up to hearing the gospel unto salvation. After salvation a Christian still sins so those must be repented of in order to be cleansed of all unrighteousness... or they will not enter into the kingdom.. that place of growth by the word of righteousness. It is the working out of your own salvation. [taught by James & Paul]

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

13 hours ago, douge said:

Jesus was teaching the disciples gathered unto him.

He's still doing this.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

John 6: 40   For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

This verse is Jesus speaking "everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life" Does not say … only this person or that person....but “everyone who looks to the Son” to save them through faith in him will have eternal life. Whether they are Jews or Gentiles. Both are saved in the same way.

If, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God.  What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation.  However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Anyone that tries to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

Forgiveness of all sins of one's life up to hearing the gospel unto salvation. After salvation a Christian still sins so those must be repented of in order to be cleansed of all unrighteousness... or they will not enter into the kingdom.. that place of growth by the word of righteousness. It is the working out of your own salvation. [taught by James & Paul]

Such bold statements require chapter and verse,otherwise it is just your opinion .... “He made you alive together with him, having forgiven you ALL trespasses” is my verse.Paul’s Gospel of Grace found in 1 Cor15:1-4 makes no mention of repentance as far as Salvation is concerned .If one has received a new heart after believing the Gospel, repentance,or sorrow and regret for daily sins will occur naturally.It did not get you saved and it does not keep you saved.To believe otherwise is to add to the Gospel and make the Cross of Christ of no benefit to you.Dangerous ground.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Colossians 2:13

By the cross of Christ we have, in this dispensation of grace, been forgiven all sin. We work out our salvation to be blameless, to please him, and for reward.  Philippians 2:15 1 Thessalonians 4:1 

It is only Israel that has to obey to enter the kingdom and by the new testament, they will be enabled by the Holy Ghost.  Jeremiah 31:33 Ezekiel 36:27

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

22 hours ago, douge said:

The disciples were being taught, and prepared, to enter the promised Davidic kingdom on earth

Acts1:6

Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

No earthly kingdom.

Israel was to enter a time of great tribulation before entering the kingdom. During this time they would have to rely upon God to provide food for them.

No earthly kingdom so this is wrong.

The coming kingdom of heaven will only be given to Jews who keep the commandments.

Jesus commanded them in Matt 28 to Go into ALL the World. The good news was not for the Jews only just as in the OT the Law of God was not just for the Jews. They were to be an example, an inspiration that brought the wotld to Jerusalem to seek God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God's righteous forgiveness 

Jer 31:34

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
KJV

Heb 10:16-17

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
KJV

When we have someone in which we have let down the protective wall of our heart and they wound us.... how difficult, rather, impossible to forget! I believe this was one of the struggles the Apostle Paul spoke of in Romans 7 into Romans 8...

20 minutes ago, Who me said:

Acts1:6

Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

No earthly kingdom.

No earthly kingdom so this is wrong.

Jesus commanded them in Matt 28 to Go into ALL the World. The good news was not for the Jews only just as in the OT the Law of God was not just for the Jews. They were to be an example, an inspiration that brought the wotld to Jerusalem to seek God.

"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

Jesus did not say there is no kingdom coming, he said they would not be given the time of restoration of the kingdom.

Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Jesus taught them to pray for the kingdom.