• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Willa said:

Act 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, Act 17:31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

“Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,   Act 26:20  but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance.

Paul was always faithful to his calling to preach repentance and turning away from sin and satan to forgiveness through Christ.  However, after salvation 1 John only mentions confessing our sins to God and He will be faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  

I must apologize for my sloppiness.....I caught it later but did nothing to correct it as I should have.....I was referring to those who believe that repentance AFTER Salvation was a requirement to KEEP one saved.I have stated many times on these forums that I believe the Bible teaches that Repentance is necessary for Salvation.  This repentance is a one-time realization that absolutely changes everything you ever thought about yourself and your standing before a Holy God.It destroys one’s delusional thinking that makes one think that they are “ good enough” to merit Salvation.It is being rescued by a “ change of mind” ( metanoia ) that delivers one from the Fool’s Paradise Of self - righteousness.When this realization that you ain’t as hot as you think you are- you are nothing but a lost Hell- deserving sinner—this is the pricking of the heart that is horrible to see, but it is actually a gift from The Holy Spirit and you ain’t going to Heaven without it. There will be no pride in Heaven.This change of heart, changing from a heart of stone to a heart that is ready to receive the Gospel ( 1cor.15:1-4 ) is what will get you saved—- simply believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead after three days.Turning from unbelief in the Gospel to belief and utter reliance on that gospel is the Repentance thAt saves.

After changing one’s mind about your sinful condition and accepting God’s free gift of Salvation by believing the Gospel that Jesus promised will save you if believed, then one will find themselves very sensitive to the sin in their lives that previously was of no concern.This is another type of repentance that involves sorrow and regret that will help change us into the image of Christ —- the point of everything in the Christian Walk. This on- going, sometimes daily type of repentance is part of our Sanctification—- NOT our justification.We are justified by our faith in Christ and His Gospel only.Unrepented sins in the life of the Believer will make God get you to the point that you DO repent.That's what chastisement is for. After you have believed the Gospel, you are in the Body of Christ and your Salvation is forever secure.You can be a fool and not repent of your sins after you are saved and God will bust your rear- end all the way Home if you force His Hand—- But He WILL get you home.

To summarize, Make  no mistake—If you do not repent and change your mind about who you are and who Jesus is, and accept HIS way to Salvation, you are headed for Hell like a speeding bullet.Just make sure you understand which “ repentance” we are talking about.God bless.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, PepperS said:

I have not forgiven them because they have not asked.

The only reason I felt bad about not forgiving was because other people were making me believe I was obligated to forgive someone who was not repentant. We need to be careful not to heap burdens on others where they need not be.

I also said that today in study and prayer, God had showed me the scripture that finally let me know it was ok. I have posted that scripture in this thread.

I understand where your post is coming from, and appreciate it.

You were tricked.    Wrong spirit convinced you, according to Scripture, and your own words/ posts.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

in another post you said you had not been able to forgive them.  not being able to forgive them is not I let it go unless this is something you recently came to.  If you truly did let it go then you have forgiven them... you may not be reconciled tho.  forgiveness and reconciliation is two different things. 

I am not saying you are sinning.  I hope you understand that.  if your heart is at peace with it... God Speed. 

1 hour ago, PepperS said:

I have not forgiven them because they have not asked.

The only reason I felt bad about not forgiving was because other people were making me believe I was obligated to forgive someone who was not repentant. We need to be careful not to heap burdens on others where they need not be.

I also said that today in study and prayer, God had showed me the scripture that finally let me know it was ok. I have posted that scripture in this thread.

I understand where your post is coming from, and appreciate it.

Anger, bitterness and resentment gives birth to unforgiveness. Unforgiveness prevents us from fulfilling the command to love one another just as the Lord loves us. None of us deserves God's mercy, but we need to remember that the Lord has forgiven us because of who we are, not because of what we have done. Do good to those who hurt you or insult you that they may become ashamed of themselves.

Praying instead for God to bless others as he did us allows God to soften our hearts towards those who either hurt or hate us so that we will have a Godly compassion on others and remove the anger and bitterness from our hearts.

Forgiving those who hurt or use you, is for your benefit more than it is for the person who wronged you.  First it releases you from anger and resentment.  You will find it easier to forgive once you let go of being angry or bitter towards someone.   As long as you want to remain angry about an event or the wrong doer...that anger will grow because you are feeding it.   And the more it grows the harder it will be to forgive. 

Holding out, because the other person is unrepentant will eat away at you, robbing you of peace and joy. Forgiveness, means you will no longer remain angry or hold a grudge. It does not mean that the person who is abusive is escaping responsibility. It is that you are doing what God told you to do and that is that you let the wrong doer off of your hook...doesn't mean the wrong doer is off of God's hook.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, PepperS said:

Yet, I am not angry or bitter. I am happier than I have been in my life (which is a lot) because the person I speak of has no access to me. I won't be guilted into anything.

Not everyone that quotes a post or comments on something said in a thread is trying to put a guilt trip on someone else.  My post was simply chiming in on the topic of forgiveness.  That is the direction the thread has taken.    

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, appy said:

Not everyone that quotes a post or comments on something said in a thread is trying to put a guilt trip on someone else.  My post was simply chiming in on the topic of forgiveness.  That is the direction the thread has taken.    

It is very simple.  The Word of Yahweh says plainly and simply that if someone does not forgive another,  then their own sin will not be forgiven.  Period.   How did the parable go ?   A man guilty of stealing millions of dollars cries for mercy,  and receives it, temporarily.  Then, the same man throws another man in jail for not repaying a debt of 2 dollars !!!!!!  What happens then ?

Pride and Defensiveness are plainly evident**,  in refusing to forgive (and in refusing to accept correction from God's Word) , and in hearing a voice that is not God that presumably is agreeing not to forgive.  i.e. the spirits were not tested,  so it was accepted as if it was God,  though it was opposed to God's Word.  This , btw, is very common in the world.

**not just in this thread/ topic;  but in others forgotten now, out of memory, btw.

Edited by simplejeff

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Such bold statements require chapter and verse,otherwise it is just your opinion .... “He made you alive together with him, having forgiven you ALL trespasses” is my verse.Paul’s Gospel of Grace found in 1 Cor15:1-4 makes no mention of repentance as far as Salvation is concerned .If one has received a new heart after believing the Gospel, repentance,or sorrow and regret for daily sins will occur naturally.It did not get you saved and it does not keep you saved.To believe otherwise is to add to the Gospel and make the Cross of Christ of no benefit to you.Dangerous ground. 

The quote you gave, by context refers only to the moment that a person is "made alive" in Christ.. referring to all the sins accumulated from the first sin (at whatever age.. 5 years old onward) until getting saved. 

Regarding this.. "It makes no mention of repentance as far as salvation is concerned." is soterialogically incorrect. Because it reads in Ephesians 2 that "being made alive" is a term that refers to being born again / getting saved. In that we were all dead in sin prior to being made alive. Which means, we were sinners before we got saved.

To be born again is to repent of sins and receive Jesus as our Savior.. by faith, through grace.

When you mention sorrow and regret over sin.

That is clearly according to what teaching you've heard. I haven't. I've been taught that when convicted of the Holy Spirit to repent and thereby prevent undue anguish. Like the scripture says "when anxieties multiply within me Your consolations O Lord delight my soul."

The way that you said "it didn't get you saved and does not keep you saved".. I don't know what that is supposed to be attached to.. is "it" repentance?

Yes.. according to Acts 2:38.

Is "it" anguish and sorrow?

No that is no assurance of salvation.

Then you said "to believe otherwise is to add to the gospel".. again.. I don't what that is supposed to refer to. It seems to me that you aren't addressing yourself to me, but to a strawman.

You said "your bold statements require chapter and verse otherwise it's just your opinion." Well, I could say the same of you.

I'll repost my previous post with corresponding chapter and verse if someone else asks for it.

14 hours ago, douge said:

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Colossians 2:13

By the cross of Christ we have, in this dispensation of grace, been forgiven all sin. We work out our salvation to be blameless, to please him, and for reward.  Philippians 2:15 1 Thessalonians 4:1 

It is only Israel that has to obey to enter the kingdom and by the new testament, they will be enabled by the Holy Ghost.  Jeremiah 31:33 Ezekiel 36:27

We having been forgiven of all sin, trespasses.. refers to those committed when we were sinners. As for after we are Christians, we.. like Jesus of the Lord's prayer do still ask forgiveness of trespasses as well as forgive others of theirs against us. This is in line with what the apostle John wrote in his epistle of first John, chapter 2:1 and chapter 1:9.

Concerning "not entering the kingdom" I wrote that by memory rather than by checking the actual reference.. I was thinking of what Paul said "wrongdoers do not inherit the kingdom of God".

30 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

The quote you gave, by context refers only to the moment that a person is "made alive" in Christ.. referring to all the sins accumulated from the first sin (at whatever age.. 5 years old onward) until getting saved. 

Regarding this.. "It makes no mention of repentance as far as salvation is concerned." is soterialogically incorrect. Because it reads in Ephesians 2 that "being made alive" is a term that refers to being born again / getting saved. In that we were all dead in sin prior to being made alive. Which means, we were sinners before we got saved.

To be born again is to repent of sins and receive Jesus as our Savior.. by faith, through grace.

When you mention sorrow and regret over sin.

That is clearly according to what teaching you've heard. I haven't. I've been taught that when convicted of the Holy Spirit to repent and thereby prevent undue anguish. Like the scripture says "when anxieties multiply within me Your consolations O Lord delight my soul."

The way that you said "it didn't get you saved and does not keep you saved".. I don't know what that is supposed to be attached to.. is "it" repentance?

Yes.. according to Acts 2:38.

Is "it" anguish and sorrow?

No that is no assurance of salvation.

Then you said "to believe otherwise is to add to the gospel".. again.. I don't what that is supposed to refer to. It seems to me that you aren't addressing yourself to me, but to a strawman.

You said "your bold statements require chapter and verse otherwise it's just your opinion." Well, I could say the same of you.

I'll repost my previous post with corresponding chapter and verse if someone else asks for it.

Did you read my addition to my original post on page 3 ? I have nothing to add to that....

Show me in the KJV where it says to “ repent of sins” in order to be saved and I will eat my hat.We must repent , but not “ repent of sins” in order to be saved.Simply believing Paul’s Gospel in 1 cor 15:1-4 is what saves.Nowhere in that Gospel does it say to repent of sins —- it says to believe that CHRIST DIED for your sins.The repentance demanded by God is to CHANGE YOUR MIND from unbelief in the Gospel to realize that the Gospel is your only hope of Salvation.After one is saved, the indwelling Holy Spirit will cause another type of repentance which is a sorrow and regret over sin that will cause sin to lose its appeal.This type of post - salvation repentance restores fellowship with God.It has nothing to do with salvation.That was secured when you believed the Gospel.Some add to the Gospel by claiming if you die with an unrepented sin on your record, you are damned to Hell.Paul never included that little tidbit in his Gospel thAt saves.It is a false Gospel and those who preach it are “ accursed”, and those that believe it have fallen from grace and the Cross is of no benefit to you.Not a pretty place to find yourself.Nothing But The Blood.Jesus plus nothing.God bless.

22 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Did you read my addition to my original post on page 3 ? I have nothing to add to that....

I'm juggling discussions with more than just you, so no I probably didn't.

Show me in the KJV where it says to “ repent of sins” in order to be saved and I will eat my hat.

You will have to argue that with most Christians who use the phrase "repent and be saved" where did they get it from?

Acts 2:38 implies it. For others.. I'd guess that it's a boiling down of the entire gospel into the Christian idiom.

Not everything that is said by a Christian is an exact scripture quote. But then you ought to know that.

Thus you consider yourself safe to say that you'll eat your hat.

We must repent , but not “ repent of sins” in order to be saved.

Yes we do because the angel said "His name shall be called Jesus who shall save his people from their sins." And John the baptist said of Jesus "The lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world" And yes we repent for it means "to change the mind" so therefore God said through Isaiah "let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man forsake his thoughts and turn to the Lord God who has compassion to abundantly pardon."

What pardon without first there be repentance?

Simply believing Paul’s Gospel in 1 cor 15:1-4 is what saves.

The gospel is not just one verse of scripture. Or the apostle Paul wasted his time writing two thirds of the new testament.

Nowhere in that Gospel does it say to repent of sins —- it says to believe that CHRIST DIED for your sins.

The repentance demanded by God is to CHANGE YOUR MIND from unbelief in the Gospel to realize that the Gospel is your only hope of Salvation.

Changing one's mind concerning sinful behavior. You are working very hard to try to show me to be totally wrong.

What you are doing is building a strawman.

After one is saved, the indwelling Holy Spirit will cause another type of repentance which is a sorrow and regret over sin that will cause sin to lose its appeal.

You said that there is no repentance for sins.. then you follow that by stating ways of repentance of sins.

This type of post - salvation repentance restores fellowship with God.

Which is what I have stated previously.

It has nothing to do with salvation. That was secured when you believed the Gospel. Some add to the Gospel by claiming if you die with an unrepented sin on your record, you are damned to Hell.

God is not so ungracious to his children whom he loves as much as he loves his son Jesus.

Paul never included that little tidbit in his Gospel thAt saves. It is a false Gospel and those who preach it are “ accursed”, and those that believe it have fallen from grace and the Cross is of no benefit to you.

I feel kind of like Job who was cursed and accused by those who were for some reason called "his comforters".

It sure isn't me so I have no idea who you might be referring to.

Not a pretty place to find yourself. Nothing But The Blood. Jesus plus nothing. God bless.

My assurance is in Jesus way before your post, during and after.

So, move along I am not the sinner that you're looking for.

I have posted to show readers what I believe is the Truth of the Bible ......You have done the same......Viewers are free to make up there own minds as to who has the most Biblical doctrine .....my posts were never meant to be an attack on you personally.......Sorry if I left that impression ......God bless.....