• Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Repentance is celestially celebrated.

Luk 15:7
(7)  I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Repentance is divinely desired.

2Pe 3:9
(9)  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Repentance is appropriately preached.

Mar 6:10-12
(10)  And he said unto them, In what place soever you enter into an house, there abide till you depart from that place.
(11)  And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when you depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
(12)  And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Repentance is celestially celebrated.

Luk 15:7
(7)  I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Repentance is divinely desired.

2Pe 3:9
(9)  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Repentance is appropriately preached.

Mar 6:10-12
(10)  And he said unto them, In what place soever you enter into an house, there abide till you depart from that place.
(11)  And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when you depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
(12)  And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

“ Repentance towards God, with faith in Jesus Christ” is the repentance that leads to Salvation

Repenting from sins never saved anyone .....that is why one will not find it in the KJV

Repenting AFTER you are saved by your faith in the Gospel will come naturally,thanks to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.....it will restore fellowship and give you a chance for God to hear your prayers...

The unrepentant, unsaved man needs to Have a change of mind about the Gospel.He needs to see that he is not “ good enough” to merit Salvation and he needs to internalize the fact that the Cross is his only hope of being saved.THAT is the repentance that gets one saved.One never gets saved until he sees he is lost- THAT is the mandantory repentance that saves—- NOT giving up sinning( only a fool thinks he can do this) or being sorrowful for sins.Obedience is great and so is being sorry for sins- they just do not save.Faith in the finished work at the Cross does that.Jesus plus nothing for Salvation.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

We having been forgiven of all sin, trespasses.. refers to those committed when we were sinners. As for after we are Christians, we.. like Jesus of the Lord's prayer do still ask forgiveness of trespasses as well as forgive others of theirs against us. This is in line with what the apostle John wrote in his epistle of first John, chapter 2:1 and chapter 1:9.

Concerning "not entering the kingdom" I wrote that by memory rather than by checking the actual reference.. I was thinking of what Paul said "wrongdoers do not inherit the kingdom of God".

What verse says that all sins only means those committed when we were sinners?

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

We are justified unto eternal life by faith alone in the redemption that is in Christ.

Verse 25 says it takes care of past sins; verse 26 takes care of present sins.

You were thinking of 1 Corinthians 6:9 "shall not inherit the kingdom", but verse 11 says "such were some of you"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,927
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ Repentance towards God, with faith in Jesus Christ” is the repentance that leads to Salvation

Repenting from sins never saved anyone .....that is why one will not find it in the KJV

Repenting AFTER you are saved by your faith in the Gospel will come naturally,thanks to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.....it will restore fellowship and give you a chance for God to hear your prayers...

The unrepentant, unsaved man needs to Have a change of mind about the Gospel.He needs to see that he is not “ good enough” to merit Salvation and he needs to internalize the fact that the Cross is his only hope of being saved.THAT is the repentance that gets one saved.One never gets saved until he sees he is lost- THAT is the mandantory repentance that saves—- NOT giving up sinning( only a fool thinks he can do this) or being sorrowful for sins.Obedience is great and so is being sorry for sins- they just do not save.Faith in the finished work at the Cross does that.Jesus plus nothing for Salvation.

I have observed and experienced that repenting of particular sins can further lead to faith in God and Christ for salvation, and thus to the ongoing repentance of all sin, a repentance that fruitfully accompanies genuine Christianity. The die-hard Calvinist will claim to have it all sorted differently but that's no concern of mine, knowing God's goodness in leading all who hear His Word in faith to repentance. (Romans 2:4) 

Heb 6:1-6
(1)  Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
(2)  of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
(3)  And this we will do if God permits.
(4)  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
(5)  and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
(6)  if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 2/19/2019 at 11:31 AM, douge said:

What verse says that all sins only means those committed when we were sinners?

In the previous post I used 1 Jn. 2:1-2 and 1 Jn. 1:9.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

So it connects to Jn.1:12 "As many as received Him (Jesus as Savior), to them He gave the right/power to become children of God, even to those who believe in His Name."

We are justified unto eternal life by faith alone in the redemption that is in Christ.

Verse 25 says it takes care of past sins; verse 26 takes care of present sins.

I would say "speaks of past and present sins". While "takes care of" points to the verses in

1 Jn.2:1 "If anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

1 Jn.1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous (just) to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

You were thinking of 1 Corinthians 6:9 "shall not inherit the kingdom", but verse 11 says "such were some of you"

I did use that reference in my post, yes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:29 PM, Joulre2abba said:

If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:

Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land. Leviticus 26:40-42

1 John is written to Hebrews. 1 John 1:9 is speaking in the sense of a national confession, similar to Leviticus above.

We do not have to confess sins to be forgiven, we already are. We need to repent of them, and walk to please the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

23 hours ago, douge said:

If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:

Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land. Leviticus 26:40-42

God said that he disliked and therefore replaced the old covenant with the new covenant Jer.31:31-34 and Heb.8:7-13.

So the old in that respect doesn't apply to we who live under the Grace of God. 

1 John is written to Hebrews.

The epistles of John are written to the children of God through Jesus Christ. The Jews don't accept the Christian new testament.

1 John 1:9 is speaking in the sense of a national confession, similar to Leviticus above.

It's addressed to God's children, Christians through Christ. It's to be used for every individual Christian as they individually sin their individual sins.

We do not have to confess sins to be forgiven, we already are.

What you are referring to is "being righteous." We are, in Christ Jesus.

But we are not so perfect as Jesus, that we do not ever do any unrighteousness.

We need to repent of them, and walk to please the Lord.

Well, how does one repent?

We are convicted of the Holy Spirit of our just having committed an act of unrighteousness.

Therefore we confess it. John said "If we confess our sins.. Jesus will forgive us our sins."

So, yes, we do have to confess our sins in order to be forgiven of our sins that we commit as Christians.

We as Christians have been forgiven of our sins while we were unsaved sinners by the crucifixion of Christ. Rms.5:8 says "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Jn.1:29 it says "Behold, the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world."

The apostle John states in 1jn.1:9, 2:1 that we as Christians, when we sin, we are to go to our Advocate before the Father, Jesus Christ who when we seek forgiveness of our sins .. Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:17 AM, douge said:

1 John is written to Hebrews. 1 John 1:9 is speaking in the sense of a national confession, similar to Leviticus above.

We do not have to confess sins to be forgiven, we already are. We need to repent of them, and walk to please the Lord.

This is the PROMISE given to Abraham .    Now feast on it douge .    For here it is ,      CHRIST .

It was always going to be .   Abraham saw His day and rejoiced and named the mount Jehovah Jireh.

And what do we think Jacob saw when he saw the ladder .

Well , lets look at Jacobs descripition of His own dream .

I will capitalize these words so that it will be very clear .

And he dreamed a dream and Behold A LADDER

set up ON the earth and the top of it reached to HEAVEN

and BEHOLD THE ANGELS OF GOD ASECENDING AND DESCENDING UPON IT .

And behold , the LORD stood above it , and Said , I am THE LORD GOD of Abraham

your father , and the God of Issac , the land whereon thou liest to thee

will I give it and to thy seed .   He goes on with the same reminder he told Abraham on the mount.

And in thy SEED shall all the Families of the Earth be blessed .

And now a word FROM JESUS from long ago , WHO IS that SEED .

Pay close attention to the caps on this one .

And he said unto him , verily verily , I ay unto you ,  Hereafter

ye shall see HEAVEN open , AND THE ANGELS OF GOD ASCENDING AND DESCENDING UPON THE SON OF MAN .

THAT IS THE PROMISE , THAT IS THE CONVENANT .

Now beware all jews and gentiles , FOR the LORD has done a work

a work which many will perish if they believe not .    The flesh profits a man nothing .

Does not matter if he is born a jew or a gentile ,   NO faith in JESUS equals death twice told in a lake of fire . 

I brought that reminder up for good reason .   

And I had a dream last night .  

In the dream was a pool of pure water .   On each end of the pool stood a watcher .  Both watched the pool of water

to ensure no man would enter into the waters , lest he did so by the power of the gospel itself .   Lest any enter the pool of water without faith .

Lest any be drowned by the waters .   Their were groups of others ensuring all they spoke to would be well taught n the gospel

and they too watched to ensure that none did enter the waters without faith in the gospel .

Then I woke up . 

And I got this word  from it .   The waters which save all who come to Christ , shall be the same waters that destroy all who try and enter in some other way .