IGNORED

do you think America will experiance revivial or Judgement before Christ's return?

shortangel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, backontrack said:

The bible says that a great revival will take place but before this the persecution will be so bad against Christians that many will deny him so many false prophets false teachers will lead many into darkness. 

Can you list scripture references for a great revival and when it will take place?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Can you list scripture references for a great revival and when it will take place?

Joel 2:28-32    but the last days revival may have already taken place and now the great falling away may now be in progress. David Wilkerson has many great teaching on the subject. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

26 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

It took place on Pentecost,  in Acts,  a few years ago (almost 2000 years) ..... :)

17 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Joel 2

"

29 And also I will pour out My Spirit on the slaves and on the slave-girls in those days. (Acts 2:15-21)

30 And I will give signs in the heavens and in the earth: blood, and fire, and columns of smoke. (Ex 14:19)

31 The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of YAHWEH. (Is 13:10)

32 For it shall be, all who shall call on the name of YAHWEH shall be saved. For salvation shall be in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, as YAHWEH has said, and among the survivors whom YAHWEH shall call2.

"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

i'm sorry that I haven't posted more on this topic but I've been been overwhelmed lately,  I just heard about thousands of Christians gathering for a great movement of God in FL recently they are praying for another Jesus People movement to happen in America,  there is also another group that is calling for a 40 day fast for America this month,  I still think that revivial might be possible but then I think America is still heading for God's judgement

28 minutes ago, shortangel said:

i'm sorry that I haven't posted more on this topic but I've been been overwhelmed lately,  I just heard about thousands of Christians gathering for a great movement of God in FL recently they are praying for another Jesus People movement to happen in America,  there is also another group that is calling for a 40 day fast for America this month,  I still think that revivial might be possible but then I think America is still heading for God's judgement

Revival (true revival) isn't, hasn't been, and won't be accept by most religions and most religious folks on earth, according to all Scripture.   It's not accepted by most internet users - billions upon billions of them and their families ....

Of course,  God is God, Sovereign, and can "pour out His Spirit" on the slaves and the slave-girls as written in Joel - but that might have been another time (like in the first century?)   and not to happen now - who knows ? 

that is true simplejeff I agree with you :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:57 AM, shortangel said:

another Jesus People movement

The Jesus People Movement is alive and flourishing today and it has circumvented the world.

The name, Jesus People Movement, was given to the Holy Spirit revival in Southern California in '65 by the secular press.

The Holy Spirit gave His church the Word, the method of teaching through His Word, ...book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse, ...at that time the church was teaching topically (with few exceptions), that means every pastor chose his own personal subject to teach on followed by an invitation to come to Christ, often resulting in dead orthodoxy, dead religion.

With the method the Holy Spirit gave the pastor taught from the Word, starting in Genesis and verse by verse going through the Bible to Revelation in the power of the Holy Spirit anointing the Gift of teaching: 

And they read in the book, in the law of God, distinctly; and they gave the sense, so that they understood the reading.  Neh 8:8

In so doing it was not the pastor choosing the subject, but rather the Holy Spirit teaching His church through the pastor.

And He gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, unto the work of ministering, unto the building up of the body of Christ:  Eph 4:11, 12

It's not a denomination per se, but any church or pastor that wants to be a part of the revival and adopt the method the Spirit has given will find themselves in the revival, authenticated by the Holy Spirit as in Acts 2:47:

And the Lord added to them day by day those that were saved.

Lord bless

good point justpassing I agree with you :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

I think we had our chance and we didn't make the grade as a people. 

Our Father will soon plead with us to return to Him with our whole heart...

Fill your lamps.

• Thumbs Up 2