creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Whats your perspective on Christians dating online. Watching a video on it pointed out 2 sides of it.

1) Christians dating online is a sign of desperation and a lack of faith in God to provideĀ  a spouse for you in his time and way. (i thought this was a personal opinion o mine but other christians have it as well it seems)

2. Its just another method of finding people and putting yourself out there thereby broadening your horizons. Just be sure to pray at every stage o it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Only for those who Seek God's Will in their lives Will find Godly destiny of spouse, you Can find partner everywhere if u hv courage to greet people n b friendly

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think it's desperation.Ā  There are truly many younger Christians who aren't going to bars to find love and good for them.Ā  Many of these also have no one at their church who is spouse material for them.Ā  If they are careful and prudent.....I don't see the harm in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Whats your perspective on Christians dating online. Watching a video on it pointed out 2 sides of it.

1) Christians dating online is a sign of desperation and a lack of faith in God to provideĀ  a spouse for you in his time and way. (i thought this was a personal opinion o mine but other christians have it as well it seems)

2. Its just another method of finding people and putting yourself out there thereby broadening your horizons. Just be sure to pray at every stage o it

Let me ask my online "catalog" bride across from me now Ā online withĀ her own computer, probably at theĀ Zola Board. Hey Peach, areĀ you happy we meet online?

She says; yes!Ā I take her word for it. Dear Ā peach were you desperate to get married? Ā She says, no.

1 hour ago, PepperS said:

Be careful. I think it is inherently unsafe.

All of life is inherently unsafe.

It was pretty easy to safely meet my bride. We chose theĀ River Walk at San Antonio for a long daytime walk, luncheon, and wow Ā a yogurt at theĀ frozen yogurt shop. By theĀ time of theĀ yogurt cone I was pretty sure she was going to be the one for me. By theĀ time we toured the Alamo and watchedĀ theĀ movie Alamo,Ā and she cried as she does at theĀ Alamo when she visits, I decided my Lone Star State gal was perfect. Somehow she felt theĀ same about me. I think theĀ horse and carriage ride I suggested Ā convinced her.

Ā 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It is really, really riskyĀ :blink:

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It is really, really riskyĀ :blink:

Not at all. We flirted back and forth with music tunes on a Christian website, eventually exchanged Ā "Hello, Are you theĀ one I'm looking for?" Ā (I just nowĀ have put inĀ on my computer- it isĀ playing, and she has lit up with a giant smile.Ā Life is good.) Our other favorite to exchange was Van Morrison's "Starting a New Life". Anyway, we worked at it for many months like pen pals. We never askedĀ for pictures, nor descriptions of each other.

I did run Ā up to five miles a morning for a few months to lose thirty five pounds of extra me and then we met. OverĀ theĀ many months we exchangedĀ so many songs in ourĀ flirting, yet others on the board never caught on as they postedĀ their own Ā favoriteĀ old songs love songs of one era or another and reminisced of theirĀ own lives. When we finally told theĀ board members we had met andĀ married they were amazed.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

here's my opinion on the subject,Ā  Ā online dateing is not for everybody,Ā  if you do meet someone nice then good for you,Ā  but online dateing can be dangerous because there are a lot of people who ask for money on those sites & they end up stealing money from people,Ā  or people lie & say who they are not who they say they really are in real life,Ā  if it's God's will for people to meet then yes I believe that God can use that method

8 hours ago, shortangel said:

here's my opinion on the subject,Ā  Ā online dateing is not for everybody,Ā  if you do meet someone nice then good for you,Ā  but online dateing can be dangerous because there are a lot of people who ask for money on those sites & they end up stealing money from people,Ā  or people lie & say who they are not who they say they really are in real life,Ā  if it's God's will for people to meet then yes I believe that God can use that method

Well all I know is I have married two gals, never really dated Ā either one. Saw theĀ first one walk by in a girl scout uniform- something about a gal in uniform, and I said toĀ myself, hey I need a career because I am going to marry that beauty. She and I had life together for fifty years till death did part us. My second bride Ā caught my attention online posting Ā about matters of our Lord. SheĀ is younger than I am Ā by a few years, well more than the fingers on two hands few. I saw her post of a song from beforeĀ her era that she liked and that was that. Our dating consistedĀ of Ā meeting at the River walk and Alamo that one time. That was it and we knew and acted upon what God was doing in our life.

We areĀ about to have a very small retreat cabin built Ā just for us. We have just signedĀ up Ā forĀ membership at a new to us church that is full of enthusiastic Ā Christians, and life is grand. Life seems worth taking theĀ risk to live it to me. Guess I could have just sat on my couch Ā watching theĀ tv flicker and eatĀ popcorn, but hey thatĀ is not what God has willedĀ in my life. Praise God for kicking me into gear to live life and enjoy the process. God is very generous as well as merciful. He encouragesĀ the living Ā of life. There reallyĀ isĀ no need to fear it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

download.jpg.88912cebf1923054b4a822713a856bb0.jpg

• Haha 1