• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,648
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  217
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Actually YOU said that I was just quoting you,      you say they have children so what example are they setting those children ? If one of them wants to live a Christian life and the other doesn't how will that work ?  There is more to it than just living together they are also continuing to lie to everyone and have the sin of pride according to what you are saying as they cant/wont ask for advice or help as they would be too ashamed of telling people what they have done if that is so then what they are doing obviously cant be right . You say that the one person doesn't want their partner to read the bible or to teach the children about God  How is that going to work out especially for a new Christian ?  

I think you already know what they should be doing so why are you questioning it ? PRAYER, reading their bible  and listening to what God says is what is needed first and foremost   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

Actually YOU said that I was just quoting you,      you say they have children so what example are they setting those children ? If one of them wants to live a Christian life and the other doesn't how will that work ?  There is more to it than just living together they are also continuing to lie to everyone and have the sin of pride according to what you are saying as they cant/wont ask for advice or help as they would be too ashamed of telling people what they have done if that is so then what they are doing obviously cant be right . You say that the one person doesn't want their partner to read the bible or to teach the children about God  How is that going to work out especially for a new Christian ?  

I think you already know what they should be doing so why are you questioning it ? PRAYER, reading their bible  and listening to what God says is what is needed first and foremost   

Yes I already know that. I agree. To me, it's just common sense. To them, it's just not for some reason. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, other one said:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  285

1 Cor. 7: 17-24 

17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts. 20 Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings. 24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

OP, I'm not saying 'God called you to this situation', but He most certainly knew your situation when you came to Him, and now? He is there to lead you where He wants you to go, and to do what He wants you to do-He knows your heart and its intentions, and whether or not you are truly seeking His will. My own opinion about it is to turn to God's Word, pray about it and open your heart completely to the Lord about the entire situation, ask Him to lead you in the direction He wants you to go in (or if this is hypothetical, to lead 'whoever', lol), and you can trust Him to do it. He's there to help you now, and He will- it sounds simplistic to say it, but we can't go wrong when we put every bit of trust we have in the Lord, and trust & expect Him to open doors/shut doors/etc., and lead us in the direction He wants us to go.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 2/18/2019 at 6:47 PM, Xethea said:

I have an important question. 

This question involves a bit of a long explanation involving sexual sin. 

Let's say if I had sex at 13, had a baby and left my date forever because my mother moved across the country, then at 15 I had sex with another person and had another baby that I gave up for adoption, then I married ther next person and we had a baby, but a month later we divorced and left them forever, then I married another person at 21, but we just moved without getting a divorcement, and I have no clue where they are after many years, so I dated someone who is divorced, then I lived with them, we had sex and a baby, then I get saved by Jesus and for many years I've been stuck in a rough financial boat, I have 3 kids living here,  a 13 year old, a 12 year old and a 4 year old. The 4 year old is with my date now who I live with and have for years. I'm still legally married to the person far away somewhere. 

I got saved just last year. I want to do God's will. But i don't see how it's possible for me to support my family financially. I even have to take care of my mother who is on disability. Without my date working, I couldn't pay the bills by myself and I know my mother can't help.

Should I leave this date? Should I get a divorcement with that other person from years ago and marry my date? Should I never marry anyone? What are my options now? I know I have sinned and been forgiven. Now where does God want me to go? I'm not in love with this date, and they aren't saved, but I need their help. I use to feel like I loved then romantically until I got saved because now they try to tell me to stop reading the bible or teaching the kids. 

You can contact former partners, witnessing your new faith, and offering to help via prayer and support, while explaining finances are tight. That is, do your best. It's kind of you to want to help.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/19/2019 at 1:09 PM, Xethea said:

You say that no Christian would go back to their sinful ways and be sent to hell. Well by saying they would not go back to their sinful ways, are you saying they would not stay together and that they would separate and different homes?

On 2/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, Xethea said:

Yes I already know that. I agree. To me, it's just common sense. To them, it's just not for some reason. 

Many** Christians do go back or continue to live in grievous sin.  Some blot out any forgiveness potential for their ongoing willful sin, as written in Scripture :  "if they trample underfoot the grace ........  there NO LONGER remains any sacrifice for their sin"...

**multitudes, as described in the Apocalypse.

On 2/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, Xethea said:

Should I leave this date? Should I get a divorcement with that other person from years ago and marry my date? Should I never marry anyone? What are my options now?

Yes,  leave.  (as soon as Yahweh says leave - He makes this clear;  stay daily in frequent prayer).  No, do not seek a 'divorcement'.  That would compound the sin.  No , don't 'marry my date', that would lead to more sin and more curses. 

Yes,  for now anyway,  probably for some long time,  do not seek marriage with anyone.   Choose to obey God in line with all His Word  ,  and remain single , as written. 

4 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yes,  leave.  (as soon as Yahweh says leave - He makes this clear;  stay daily in frequent prayer).  No, do not seek a 'divorcement'.  That would compound the sin.  No , don't 'marry my date', that would lead to more sin and more curses. 

Yes,  for now anyway,  probably for some long time,  do not seek marriage with anyone.   Choose to obey God in line with all His Word  ,  and remain single , as written. 

I agree with that. 

• Praying! 1

It may be a painful time still, for an unknown amount of time,  waiting on the Master to direct your steps.

IF possible,  in prayer to the Father,  let it be willingly, by choice, obediently waiting for HIM to make the decision,  to determine the time,  to open the door ,   so that by faith the steps are taken,   following jesus ;

as "when God opens the door...",  to go OR to stay, His Time, "...the door will be open, and no one man can close it",

and "when God closes (keeps closed) the door..." , the door will stay closed, "... and no man can open it".  

This is similar to a fleece before God, like Gideon's fleece,  but I think/believe more certain....

Thus rest in Him,  whether going or staying,  whether sitting, walking or standing -  all /each/ by faith in Jesus, trusting Him.