• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, "I Am That I Am"

John 18:6 As soon then as He had said unto them, "I am He", they went backward, and FELL to the ground.

Jesus is the "I am that I am"

Edited by R. Hartono
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom,

It could be that the mystery of Father and Son is revealed in that verse, Exodus 3:14-15.

Moses asks "who say I sent me" and gets two answers back. Looking at the Hebrew transliteration helps clarify what's lost in English:

Elohim answered Moses, “Ehyeh Who Ehyeh. This is what you must say to the people of Israel: ‘Ehyeh has sent me to you.’

Again Elohim said to Moses, “This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.

- Names of God Translation.

I have coloured coded the names above to highlight the interplay: 

Elohim - "The Strong Ones". The plural of word El (strong one). Our English Bible has a singular "God" unfortunately.

Ehyeh - "I AM". Perhaps a name of the the pre-incarnate Messiah. 

Yahweh - The personal name of Elohim of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

So, perhaps Moses was being sent both by the Son and the Father. That would make sense for the two distinct answers. Otherwise, Why would Father first say "Tell them 'I AM' sent you" only to immediately follow with "Tell them 'Yahweh Elohim' sent you"?

This also would then confirm the pre-incarnate Messiah being referred to as "the Angel of Yahweh", which who Moses saw in the burning bush of Exodus 3:2.

I wonder if the flames (that did not burn the bush) was symbolic of the Holy Spirit... The Spirit has been referred to as fire in the book of Acts as well. Then all three would have been commissioning Moses... Interesting...

Love & Shalom