IGNORED

Montana to Canada for cash and future consideration?

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all,  my beloved shared this with me this morning I don't know if it is general chit chat or humor. I got a kick out of it, figured I'd share for a little comic relief from our serious national plight conversations. Praise God for being allowed silliness in life amongst the thistles:

Should Montana Be Sold to Canada?

More than 7,000 people have signed a petition to sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion and use the proceeds to pay down the U.A. national debt  and it seems our northern neighbors would gladly welcome this bite out of the 49th Parallel.

We have too much debt and Montana is useless, says the text of the petition launched last week.
To get Canada to agree, Just tell them it has beavers or something.
That's the entirety of the cause, though the slew of comments tacked onto the end by people giving their reasons for signing fleshed that out, as names were being added every three to four minutes on Monday.

Commenters sing the praises of beavers, welcome Montanans to Canada, and offer them free health care, Tim Horton, and of course legalized pot. Montanans like the idea because: 

Will save me the cost of moving to Canada, wrote one commenter.
MT resident here that will gladly join Canada. The US is a mess and POTUS is an embarrassment, said another, referring to President Donald Trump and the current climate of unease gripping the nation.

I have my reasons lol but I'll just say Goodbye lol, said another.
I live in Montana. I want to live in Canada but I don't want to move, said another would-be Canadian.
It would be an easy way to become a Canadian citizen without having to move, said a thrifty signer.

Then there were the welcoming Canadians.

I'm a Canadian and I think Montana ppl would be better off, wrote another signer.
I'm Canadian and we will take you, said another.

Then there were those with aspirations.

I'm a Montanan and really hope that becoming Canadian makes me a nicer person, said one hopeful.

Others offered to throw more states into the bargain, or begged to have theirs added.

Will Canada consider adopting ND as well? asked one.
Montana really is useless, and throw in Idaho! said another.
Montana will make a beautiful addition to Canada. Let Michigan be next, said another.
Can Texas be sold too? Asking for a friend, said one, and then there was, Can Texas come too? Asking for Texas.
I'm wondering how New York can get in on this deal? said someone from the Empire State.

Also from the Northeast: Hey, throw Maine in there too and I'll go stump for this idea!

And the bargain hunters: We can throw in Minnesota for a buy one get one half off kinda deal.

The Great Falls Tribune, which first reported on the petition, had some questions of its own “ including, but not limited to, Would Montana still be named Montana or would we be Southern Alberta? Better Saskatchewan? and Does the universal health care start right away or is there a waiting period?

Question number one was, How dare you? and Can we take Yellowstone National Park with us?

There would be cultural differences too, the newspaper noted. For one, would Montanans get to keep their guns? As well as, What line comes after O Canada! in the national anthem? And then all the other lines.

Clearly there would be a fair number of details to iron out. But with the 7,500 requested signatures fast piling up, there would be plenty of people willing to work on them.
The original poster, incongruously, is someone listed as Ian Hammond from Alabama, who submitted the tongue-in-cheek petition under the name Christian moms against private education.
While the petition's entertainment value is increasing with each signature and comment, it would not make much of a dent in the national debt even if it were true. Currently the number is a staggering $22 trillion, ....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I knew a lady, now long deceased, a friend of my mom that came from Montana. She moved to Massachusetts for the better weather.

I always loved her expressions. She would look at the sky and say; looks like it is clabbering up some. 

I'd ask; Say what eh? Where where, where is the sky a clabbering,  what eh?

She talked funny. Really nice lady a lifelong friend of my family and very close friend of my mom.

Praise God for this big country of so much diversity of terrain and of peoples brought under one flag by God. Maybe Montana should remain,  it doesn't cost much and has a big sky, might even be "the last best place",  a slogan too clever for my mind to wrap around. Last - best, oh well, if Montana-ians like being last at best, well it's okay by me I guess.  

Personally I like the low bright sky and clouds  off the Suncoast of Florida where one can appreciate the tripling effect of sunset turning the billowing  low clouds into puffy cotton candy to the east and then to the west, and then one final flash all over and it is -all over. They are the  longest sunsets  I have ever witnessed, almost as long as the Alaskan sunrise in the intercoastal Islands where the sun first lights up those western islands then the eastern mountains, a long long sunrise, lasts for hours.

God does make some awesome beauty appear,  perhaps to show He is sovereign and is with us, even in the decay that is this fallen creation that will be replaced with perfection the new heaven and the new earth. Come Lord Jesus come quickly.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,271
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 2/19/2019 at 6:33 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi all,  my beloved shared this with me this morning I don't know if it is general chit chat or humor. I got a kick out of it, figured I'd share for a little comic relief from our serious national plight conversations. Praise God for being allowed silliness in life amongst the thistles:

Should Montana Be Sold to Canada?

More than 7,000 people have signed a petition to sell Montana to Canada for $1 trillion and use the proceeds to pay down the U.A. national debt  and it seems our northern neighbors would gladly welcome this bite out of the 49th Parallel.

We have too much debt and Montana is useless, says the text of the petition launched last week.
To get Canada to agree, Just tell them it has beavers or something.
That's the entirety of the cause, though the slew of comments tacked onto the end by people giving their reasons for signing fleshed that out, as names were being added every three to four minutes on Monday.

Commenters sing the praises of beavers, welcome Montanans to Canada, and offer them free health care, Tim Horton, and of course legalized pot. Montanans like the idea because: 

Will save me the cost of moving to Canada, wrote one commenter.
MT resident here that will gladly join Canada. The US is a mess and POTUS is an embarrassment, said another, referring to President Donald Trump and the current climate of unease gripping the nation.

I have my reasons lol but I'll just say Goodbye lol, said another.
I live in Montana. I want to live in Canada but I don't want to move, said another would-be Canadian.
It would be an easy way to become a Canadian citizen without having to move, said a thrifty signer.

Then there were the welcoming Canadians.

I'm a Canadian and I think Montana ppl would be better off, wrote another signer.
I'm Canadian and we will take you, said another.

Then there were those with aspirations.

I'm a Montanan and really hope that becoming Canadian makes me a nicer person, said one hopeful.

Others offered to throw more states into the bargain, or begged to have theirs added.

Will Canada consider adopting ND as well? asked one.
Montana really is useless, and throw in Idaho! said another.
Montana will make a beautiful addition to Canada. Let Michigan be next, said another.
Can Texas be sold too? Asking for a friend, said one, and then there was, Can Texas come too? Asking for Texas.
I'm wondering how New York can get in on this deal? said someone from the Empire State.

Also from the Northeast: Hey, throw Maine in there too and I'll go stump for this idea!

And the bargain hunters: We can throw in Minnesota for a buy one get one half off kinda deal.

The Great Falls Tribune, which first reported on the petition, had some questions of its own “ including, but not limited to, Would Montana still be named Montana or would we be Southern Alberta? Better Saskatchewan? and Does the universal health care start right away or is there a waiting period?

Question number one was, How dare you? and Can we take Yellowstone National Park with us?

There would be cultural differences too, the newspaper noted. For one, would Montanans get to keep their guns? As well as, What line comes after O Canada! in the national anthem? And then all the other lines.

Clearly there would be a fair number of details to iron out. But with the 7,500 requested signatures fast piling up, there would be plenty of people willing to work on them.
The original poster, incongruously, is someone listed as Ian Hammond from Alabama, who submitted the tongue-in-cheek petition under the name Christian moms against private education.
While the petition's entertainment value is increasing with each signature and comment, it would not make much of a dent in the national debt even if it were true. Currently the number is a staggering $22 trillion, ....

I hope everyone takes the time to read the above.... it's hilarious!   Thanks Neighbor!    Tell them it has beavers or something....:rofl:

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

I highly doubt that would work. Montana doesn't even have a hockey franchise! ;)

• Haha 1