Im afraid God may leave me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I feel no desire to read, pray very little...but I do think about God constantly...

I wish I had more faith, I wish I pursued god more...

I think maybe my sins have blocked God from me..... 

I just hope God won't leave.

I just feel sad that I'm not trustful and faithful like most Christians. Even a friend of mine..she had major trust issues like I did but she got help and is now better spiritually, she's faithful to God and loves him. Idk, I just want to be like them, I feel like I'm slipping way from God. I wish I could be fixed. it just scares me because its been 8 years since I was saved-- 

and I have zero fruit and it worries me greatly ...and then I worry if ill never change or if I force myself to read and pray if it'll do any good.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

7 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel no desire to read, pray very little...but I do think about God constantly...

Repentance and confession of sin to Him *always* reopens the door of communication.  

1Jo 1:9 NASB
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God's Word has many promises ... here are just two of them ...

Psa 51:17 NASB
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

and 

Deu 31:6 NASB
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you."

While looking those two up, He just gave me yet another one for you ...

Jhn 10:27 NASB
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

Jhn 10:28 NASB
and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

Jhn 10:29 NASB
"My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand.

A few more things which have helped me with lack of faith is to read the Scriptures out loud [faith cometh by hearing, hearing by the Word of God].

Finding Scriptures that relate to my situation and praying them back to Him ... doing this out lout also contributes to the hearing referred to above.

Okay ... He is also giving me this Scripture ...

2Co 10:3 NASB
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh,

2Co 10:4 NASB
for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

2Co 10:5 NASB
[We are] destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and [we are] taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Whenever I am having difficulty with my thoughts being contrary to the Word of God, I have used this Scripture as a prayer ... like so ...

Father God, in the Name of Jesus, though I walk in the flesh, I do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of my warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.  I am destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and I take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

Other times, I rebuke, renounce and reject *every* thought which does not line up with the WOrd and the Will of God.  Then I start confessing what Scripture does say ... for example ... "I can do ALL things through Christ Who strengthens me."

Above all ... I just want to encourage you and exhort you not to give up; don't believe the lies of the devil ... put on every single piece of the armor of God [Ephesians 6 starting in verse 10], then use that shielf of faith to quench *every* firery dart of the enemy ... and when you have done all that you can, then just stand ... in Him ... and on His Word.  

Stay strong friend.  You are not alone; and He will *never* forsake you.  

God Bless,

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

20 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I just feel sad that I'm not trustful and faithful like most Christians. Even a friend of mine..she had major trust issues like I did but she got help and is now better spiritually, she's faithful to God and loves him. Idk, I just want to be like them, I feel like I'm slipping way from God. I wish I could be fixed.

Let me tell you a little secret ... every single christian is far from trustful and faithful.  We have *all* failed Him ... repeatedly.  But when we fall, we get back up, dust ourselves off, and get back to running our race in such a way as to win the prize.  

1Jo 1:8 NASB
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 NASB
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Now we have to stand on that ... I do it like so ...

Father God, I confess my sin to You; I repent of it and ask You to forgive me and cleans me according to Your Word.  I thank You and praise You that You *are* faithful and just to cleans me from *all* of my unrighteousness.  Thank You, Lord ... in Jesus' Name.  Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Thank You

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

We never rely on the way we feel.  We always rely on God's word.  God does not lie.   He cannot lie.  Satan is the father of lies.  So if what you feel disagrees with God's word, it is a lie!  

Over and over God has told us He will never leave us or forsake us.

Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Heb 13:5  Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] [Jos 1:5]

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

If anyone moves or leaves it is not God. It is you. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

If you are on the shore of a lake,  and someone in a row boat is 50 feet from shore,  rowing out as if to cross the lake,

and if you want to get to the other side of the lake,   would you stay quiet ? 

Or would you call out , even shout loud,  and wave your arms to get their attention if possible, to see if they would take you ?

If you knew a hungry lion was somewhere within a half mile of your position, on the same shore,  would that encourage you to call out ?

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

what was it God said about leaving or forsaking us?... never.  what did you title this thread with?... fear.  God did not give us the spirit of fear. 

where ever you fall short ask God to change this in you.  recognize you cant change yourself, but God can, will, and He wants to... but you have to seek Him out.  Give your fears to God... while in prayer imagine in your minds eye you laying it at His feet.  and when you get up, leave it there.  and dont pick it back up.  Ask God to change your heart.  it isnt going to be overnight you will change.  keep seeking Him. 

Alright I will.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

F of 80, my question to you is, "Why don't you want to pick up the Bible and read it, and why don't you want to pray (talk) to God?" Is it that you don't "feel" like it, my suggestion is the same as those who previously said that we're not to rely on our "feelings" as they can so easily deceive us. We walk not by "feelings," but by faith. One other thing I don't understand is what does "Idk" mean, though I think I may just have cracked it, " I don't know," maybe?

My honest opinion is that the more you focus on self, the more introverted you become, which can lead to depression. The answer then is to not look into yourself, but to focus outward, pick up your Bible read it, believe it, walk it, live it. Then you will have a more positive outlook on life and then watch your whole attitude change for the better. As always, I hope this helps, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 3