• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel no desire to read, pray very little...but I do think about God constantly...

I wish I had more faith, I wish I pursued god more...

I think maybe my sins have blocked God from me..... 

I just hope God won't leave.

Sounds like it's time to check the gospel facts:

Have you trusted Jesus to save you, or are you thinking you need to behave a certain way to be saved?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear Figure of Eighty,  Rest assured God always hears you.  He knows your fear and anxiety.  Pray to Him at least once a day.  Just have a relaxed conversation with Him.  Tell Him what lies deep within your heart, trusting that He hears your cry and knows your innermost secrets.  Make this a habit and don't worry about receiving answers or having a warm glowing feeling.  Those things will come in good time.  God speaks to us in silence.  Also, please don't worry that God has been blocked out by your sins.  While serious sin does cut us off from sanctifying grace, it does not separate us from actual grace (the effect of which serves to draw us to Him even while in sin).  Remember, all sins can be forgiven.  He wants us to come to Him in our brokenness, in our emptiness.  Your post indicates that you yearn for a relationship with God.  Rejoice in that yearning.  Your hunger is the foundation upon which your future spiritual life will be built.  Pray, learn to fast, and do works of charity for others (even little things count).   Keep doing these things faithfully, not asking for proof that God is there, and your life will change. 

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/06/1979

On 2/20/2019 at 1:41 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I feel no desire to read, pray very little...but I do think about God constantly...

I have been in a similar situation, so I sympathize greatly with what you are dealing with. Personally I found myself even being jealous of those that appear to be spiritually strong...sad I know. 

What I needed to realize is that power comes from God; not me. If I had my way I would not be spiritual at all, like I am many times. God knows that for us to truly worship him, we have to face our flesh and its corruption. This is not a quick and easy thing, because, like Christ's body was nailed in crucifixion, to become spiritually alive we need let the flesh and its desires go (in a spiritual sense of course), which isn't easy.  

Becoming spiritually alive is a process of facing the flesh, not blindly ignoring it like some who 'appear spiritual' do. Face the enemy; realize your weakness and fallibility, because by doing that you will 'see' the power of God!

He will never leave you even if you fall into the depths. His Spirit will draw and draw and draw you closer, which is what I believe is happening to you now. And when all is said and done, you will overflow with his strength, having faced and overcome the enemy because God loved you.

All the best.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I have prayed for you figure. You are blessed ❤️?

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/19/2019 at 11:41 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Pray more often, and fast. Faith comes by reading the word of God and understanding it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus is a way of life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

On 2/20/2019 at 6:41 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I remember Peter who said he wud not deny Lord.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Figure of Eighty

I was in a similar boat two years ago. I had ten years as a Christian but no fruit. I was even depressed as well. 

It wasn't until I seriously read the Bible for myself and stopped depending on the "experts", that I turned around. 

People have a lot of opinions on how to draw near to God. Go with God's Word.

We weren't meant to be in bondage to sin. 

Jesus told the woman at the well, Go and sin no more. The book of James says we have not resisted to the point of shedding blood (Like Jesus did).

There is no magical faith formula that will make you feel closer to God. Instead, being determined to seek Him through His Word and having the attitude of getting rid of all known sin in your life, were keys to me breaking through and getting the spiritual fruit of Galations 5. 

There is no fruit without crucifying the flesh, you can read about that also in Galatians. 

There's no silver bullet for getting rid of sin in your life. You must bring your thoughts into subjection. If you can control your thoughts, you can avoid lust, coveting, and worry, to begin with. 

The trap I fell into was thinking son was unavoidable and had to be repented of every moment but you could still be expected to be in that' sin tomorrow.  

But I believe the Bible supports that repentance is actually a full turnaround from sin altogether. Die to sin and live unto righteousness.  I'm here to say, through faith in Christ and seeking the Lord, it's more than possible. 

And you have the Holy Spirit, so you can glean understanding from the Word of God yourself. It doesn't require you to have a seminary degree.

Always go with the Bible even if it contradicts what everyone else thinks. You have what it takes to be close to God. He desires to dwell with You in righteousness. Take your sin out of the way. Jesus gives us the victory. We don't have to be slaves to sin anymore. That is where the fruit comes from. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There's a reason Jesus placed the intake of the Word more important than our necessary food at His temptation....

Matt 4:3-4

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
KJV

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

If you want to be saved, you are saved. We think about Jesus. I pray, HELP ME. HELP US... mostly. He hears me and helps me.