• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,881
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Xethea said:

No. That's not missing the point. Cleansing is and forgiving us and putting our past sin behind us, getting rid of it forever doesn't change the fact whether we, God or us, remembers sin existed in human lives. 

Look, either God knows everything forever or he doesn't and won't know everything forever. Which is it? 

If you claim God or we have forgotten, then when we get to heaven, obviously we still won't know everything and even God doesn't. But if you can claim God had just gotten over it because he died for our sins but he still remembers it happened in the past, then that would bring us to the next question. 

There's no other way. Either you remember or you don't. 

No-one who defiles will be allowed in heaven. Sin defiles. The ekklesia is a pure spotless bride. Anyone refusing to have their sins taken away is not part of it and has no place in heaven. The memory of sin is completely eradicated and has no substance or essence in heaven.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Some of Ekklesia in Scripture are the bride of Christ.    Some of Ekklesia in Scripture are the body of Christ.   It helps when Yahweh reveals this.  

Men most often mixed them up, sadly so.

3 hours ago, Xethea said:

As I told other people,  you understand that if God erases our memory of evilness, then we're not going to be thanking jesus or praising him for saving us. You get that right? Think about it. 

"get that right" ? 

If it is not what Scripture plainly says,  it is not right.   Most obviously if and when, as is the case, when Scripture says something else.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,881
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

13 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Some of Ekklesia in Scripture are the bride of Christ.    Some of Ekklesia in Scripture are the body of Christ.   It helps when Yahweh reveals this.  

Men most often mixed them up, sadly so.

Yeah, the body of Christ is the metaphor describing "the called-out-ones" while here on earth, and the bride of Christ is the metaphor describing "the called-out-ones" when taken to heaven. Mixing the metaphors is a problem, with Christ the head of the body also the Bridegroom of the body therefore marrying Himself as the Head - a messy metaphorical mismatch.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/20/2019 at 2:42 AM, simplejeff said:

Actually, even better !  

Read through Scripture,  Old Testament and New Testament,  to know what God says about this and all things.  

His Word is Trustworthy and True. 

Edited by Xethea

5 minutes ago, Xethea said:

I've read the entire bible multiple times. I at least guarantee myself every year I'll read the whole bible at least once. This isn't the first time I've discussed this with many Christians. 

Then,  as others already repeated several times,   believe the Bible,  and stop opposing it, okay ?

Also Shalom, in Jesus - and sorry if I am misunderstanding your posts.

Edited by simplejeff

23 hours ago, Michael37 said:

No-one who defiles will be allowed in heaven. Sin defiles. The ekklesia is a pure spotless bride. Anyone refusing to have their sins taken away is not part of it and has no place in heaven. The memory of sin is completely eradicated and has no substance or essence in heaven.

Edited by Xethea

22 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Then,  as others already repeated several times,   believe the Bible,  and stop opposing it, okay 

Edited by Xethea
  • Praying! 1

23 hours ago, simplejeff said:

"get that right" ? 

If it is not what Scripture plainly says,  it is not right.   Most obviously if and when, as is the case, when Scripture says something else.

Edited by Xethea

On 2/20/2019 at 8:07 AM, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Xethea,

It's an interesting question. Let me put my opinion this way:

Suppose a sin of yours was broadcast across every news station, in every newspaper, across facebook and twitter, and referred to by politicians and comedians alike. How would you feel about that sin at that stage? If it were me, I would probably feel confused and upset over my own actions. I would find the sin embarrassing, inexplicable, shameful, disgusting, weak, evil and dark.

I should imagine that's the same disdain we will view all sin with, once we are out of the sinful body. Even now, within this sinful body, I find myself disgusted with sin increasingly each day. So, how much more so when we a raised in glory at the resurrection?

Love & Shalom

No,  there will be no disgust like that in heaven in the life to come, according to all Scripture.

In this life,  we learn to abhor all sin, and abhor the promotion of sin, and the false teachers are put out/ exposed - not tolerated in the assembly of Ekklesia.  (as written in Scripture,  always let it be as written).

Doesn't Yahweh in the Bible say that HE FORGETS OUR SIN ?   I think so,  maybe many time in Scripture.

Don't Yahweh's messengers say to live , on purpose, as Yahweh our Father in Heaven wants - "forgetting what lies behind , pressing forward to what lies ahead " ? 

Even more amazing , to have "the mind of Christ " ! ! !  (now today, on earth, as is His Will in heaven)

• Thumbs Up 1