• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Some dentists form mouth pieces that will protect teeth of those that tend to grind theirs while sleeping and that will also help project the jaw making breathing easier during sleep.

PS- Sudden death syndrome, sleep apnea,  heart rhythm issues, and asthma may all be interrelated as to their manifestations.

PPS  I had issues with breathing for years, denied the idea it was asthma. I told my doctor I don't have asthma I never have pains I just can't breath is all. He looked at me, and said rather determinedly- "We call that asthma."  I have had the meds ever since and if I take them I breath and I sleep, but if i don't then I struggle and don't sleep. Simple as that.

May you force yourself to be good to yourself by seeking out competent medical guidance from a trained medical doctor and ask him or her if a dental appliance may also help.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Dove said:

Sleep apnea isn’t dependent on weight.  Do you snore? Are your teeth and/or jaw sore when you wake up from this event?

This sounds like a stress induced sleep problem.  Take notes and see a doctor when you can.  

Bringing anything that’s troubling you to God each night and praying for a good night of sleep might help reduce the problem.  If you have something important to remember the next day write it down on paper so it won’t be a burden on your mind while you’re asleep.

I don't snore... but I sure am tired and I go into work soon...uhg...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

PS- Sudden death syndrome, sleep apnea,  heart rhythm issues, and asthma may all be interrelated as to their manifestations.

p.p.s.  The doctors who did autopsies on the babies who died of sids found that their blood was too thick due to , I think, a build up of urea in the blood stream,  thus overloading their tiny hearts.   The strange thing they noted was,  that if the baby had been given as little as two more bottles of water earlier in the day before going to sleep,   they probably would have lived with no sids.

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

PPS  I had issues with breathing for years, denied the idea it was asthma. I told my doctor I don't have asthma I never have pains I just can't breath is all. He looked at me, and said rather determinedly- "We call that asthma."  I have had the meds ever since and if I take them I breath and I sleep, but if i don't then I struggle and don't sleep. Simple as that.

Likewise, simple, in a book about what the pharmacies know but didn't once tell,  everyone during an asthma attack - their lungs are dehydrated (even if they drank a lot of water that day).   Regular people with asthma usually find this out when they go on a diet with more than the water they were consuming before -  within a few weeks on a new diet (a diet for their own reasons,  not medical reasons, unless weight loss counts as medical)  ,   they were 'surprised' that the need they had for an inhaler was greatly reduced - they had a significant number less of asthma attacks, with no change in medicine or other things other than diets with more water daily.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

It also happened to me twice where i was sleeping and suddenly could not breath, my lung didnt work ! so i jumped out of bed in panic and kept jumping, it was scary but then the lung worked again and i breathed.

• Praying! 1

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not a Dr so I'm not diagnosing. What is being described sometimes happens to me and my Dr told me that they are panic attacks.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

A sleep disorder. Some kind of sleep apnea :noidea: