• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

55 minutes ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

Isn't this referring to the first century? What is the event or time spoken of here?

SimpleJeff emphasised Act 2:5
(5)  And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
I simply provided the brilliant explanation according to Matthew Henry, as it seemed appropriate with regard to the spreading of the Gospel, which we were discussing at the time. The conflict between the beliefs of Judaism and Christianity is much spoken of in Scripture, but many devout Jews were persuaded that Christ had come and was the much awaited Messiah, and that He had come both to Jews and Gentiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, pinacled said:

Shemoth (The names...words) (Exodus)}2 He was with God in the beginning.

And now, if you obey Me and keep My covenant, you shall be to Me a treasure out of all peoples, for Mine is the entire earth.

Revelation 12:16 King James Version (KJV)

Sons and Daughters

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

The earth here and elsewhere refers to whom? 

11 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

SimpleJeff emphasised Act 2:5
(5)  And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
I simply provided the brilliant explanation according to Matthew Henry, as it seemed appropriate with regard to the spreading of the Gospel, which we were discussing at the time. The conflicting beliefs of Judaism and Christianity is much spoken of in Scripture, but many devout Jews were persuaded that Christ had come and was the much awaited Messiah, and that He had come both to Jews and Gentiles.

Thanks. I see. The time frame is right after the ascension. I thought it might be the time when Jesus and family entered Jerusalem when He was an infant or small child. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

38 minutes ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

The earth here and elsewhere refers to whom? 

It makes sense that it's the inhabitants of earth who assist the Jews, allowing them a place to dwell whilst also driving back their enemies - basically preventing their extinction as history surely shows happening.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

39 minutes ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

Thanks. I see. The time frame is right after the ascension. I thought it might be the time when Jesus and family entered Jerusalem when He was an infant or small child. 

It was on Pentecost, when Jews from every nation were already present and heard the Gospel, and some number received the GOOD NEWS and repented and were immersed in jesus' Name and rose up in newness of life, resurrected life,  and took the GOSPEL back to all the nations.

It is in ACTS. (maybe other places also)

The point was, and is,  that the GOOD NEWS/ GOSPEL OF JESUS/  WAS spread to the whole world in the first century, and is in line with all the Apostles and disciples (all taught by Jesus in person, or by others taught by Jesus in person, and by revelation)  believing Jesus would/could be expected eagerly to return in their lifetime !    YES !   And every day since the first century !

Jesus will RETURN for those who are eagerly watching for Him, expectantly and faithfully !

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Yes, all that they do will be considered unclean.  Yet, what about us, unclean until the day of our salvation.  Now we are considered clean.  The Temple can be/is considered unclean now, but once the Glory of the Lord enters that Temple, it will no longer be unclean, but cleansed and clean. just as we were.  Where the Glory of the Lord is, it is Clean.

Yes I agree that nothing is impossible for God, but I find it difficult to believe that after all of the catastrophic destruction that will occur on the earth during the Tribulation, ...100 pound hailstones, the city of Jerusalem sitting on the Great African Rift and Scripture tells us that it will rise upwards, the Mount of Olives splitting in two, to name just a few,  ...that any structures will be left standing, let alone the rebuilt Temple.

Guess we'll just have to wait and watch it on the big flat screen in Heaven, as it goes down.

Lord bless

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pinacled said:

"Blessed are the meek....."

During the parable of the good soil. Was Yeshua speaking to sons alone. 

I believe the lord was showing a place beyond the 7 steps. A place of 8 steps where sons and daughter keep a command with a promise of honor.

So, when the Lord reveals the earth(good soil) the children of wrath who built a house on sand are swallowed up like korach who rebelled against mosheh that fateful day.

Darkness consumed them just as is warned of in Brit haddasah(new testament letters.

In Revelation, the 1st and second trumpets are directed AT the earth. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

40 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Yes I agree that nothing is impossible for God, but I find it difficult to believe that after all of the catastrophic destruction that will occur on the earth during the Tribulation, ...100 pound hailstones, the city of Jerusalem sitting on the Great African Rift and Scripture tells us that it will rise upwards, the Mount of Olives splitting in two, to name just a few,  ...that any structures will be left standing, let alone the rebuilt Temple.

Guess we'll just have to wait and watch it on the big flat screen in Heaven, as it goes down.

Lord bless

I think it is very likely or possible that much of the earth will be desolate, maybe abandoned for some time, especially after the earthquake (greater than any or all ever together in the past,maybe leveling all the mountains on earth, maybe removing all the oceans.... )

though this earthquake might be a different time than now being referred to) .

The trouble TODAY though is enough for TODAY - do not worry about tomorrow, as written in Scripture.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The trouble TODAY though is enough for TODAY - do not worry about tomorrow, as written in Scripture.  

Amen and AMEN!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

the city of Jerusalem sitting on the Great African Rift and Scripture tells us that it will rise upwards

Have you looked at Gen 2:10-14 - 4 headwaters flowed out from the garden of Eden.  The Pishon; the Gihon, winds through the entire land of Cush (probably the Nile); the Tigris; the Euphrates.  This is pre-flood topography.  Jerusalem (the garden of Eden) being the apex or highest  mount on earth.

Now the 1000 reign; Jerusalem again maybe the apex or highest mount on earth.  All other mountains could not be found, and no more islands (Rev 16:20).

Just an observation.

In Christ

Montana Mav