• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Jerusalem again maybe the apex or highest mount on earth.

Yep!

Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, Is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, The city of the great King.  Psa 48:2

The correct translation of the Hebrew.

Not only that, ...the original East Gate, buried under the one we can see today, that our Lord walked through for 33 years, will also rise up with the city and Scripture will be fulfilled correctly and precisely to the last detail!

The sun and moon will be dark, the only Light will be from our Lord Jesus shinning into the darkness as a beacon for all to find their way to Him, ...in JERUSALEM, the City of the Great King!

Glory Hallelujah!!! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 2/22/2019 at 7:29 PM, Michael37 said:

It makes sense that it's the inhabitants of earth who assist the Jews, allowing them a place to dwell whilst also driving back their enemies - basically preventing their extinction as history surely shows happening.

Or it could be reminiscent of the Exodus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 2/22/2019 at 11:14 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Yep!

Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, Is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, The city of the great King.  Psa 48:2

The correct translation of the Hebrew.

Not only that, ...the original East Gate, buried under the one we can see today, that our Lord walked through for 33 years, will also rise up with the city and Scripture will be fulfilled correctly and precisely to the last detail!

The sun and moon will be dark, the only Light will be from our Lord Jesus shinning into the darkness as a beacon for all to find their way to Him, ...in JERUSALEM, the City of the Great King!

Glory Hallelujah!!! 

Shalom, JustPassingThru.

Actually, to think that "the sun and moon will be dark" is a common mistake. The sun being dark and the moon reduced to residual light, looking red like blood, shall be a TEMPORARY occurrence! We have Scripture that shows that the sun and the moon will be quite fine throughout eternity! I believe it will be caused by an extraterrestrial object, such as a comet or an asteroid, but that object will cause temporary eclipses of BOTH the sun and the moon.

Psalm 72:5-17 (KJV)

5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.
6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.
In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.
8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.
10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.
12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.
15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.
16 There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

Psalm 89:3-37 (KJV)

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.
5 And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.
6 For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?
7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.
8 O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?
9 Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
10 Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm.
11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
12 The north and the south thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name.
13 Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.
14 Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.
15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.
16 In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
17 For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.
18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Isaiah 66:22-23 (KJV)

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me,
saith the LORD.

It's kind of hard to have a "new moon" without a MOON! It's likewise hard to have a "Shabbat" or a "sabbath," a day of "rest," if one can't count the days! This requires a SUN!

The key, here, is that within the influence of the New Jerusalem (and within range of the Messiah during the Millennium), there will be no need for the sun or the moon. However, there will still be a LOT of earth (or the New Earth) that will not be within eyesight of the New Jerusalem (or the Messiah). These areas of the earth will need both the sun and the moon. 

One of my favorite verses for the image it paints is this:

Isaiah 24:23 (KJV)

23 Then the moon shall be confounded (MIXED UP), and the sun ashamed (OUTDONE), when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

The wife of a music minister and an accomplished musician herself used to say that "glory" should be pronounced "glow-ry!" She was not wrong! The words "kaaVowd" in Hebrew and "doxa" in Greek often mean to shine brightly!

Imagine a sun in the same sky as the bright pinnacle of the New Jerusalem! The sun wouldn't stand a chance! Imagine the moon in that same sky, "doing its best" to reflect both lights! The moon would be mixed up in its phases!971760316_sunoutdonemoonconfusedcopy.jpg.48c5b19ec9e6511e20163f961437220d.jpg

Edited by Retrobyter

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Actually, to think that "the sun and moon will be dark" is a common mistake.

Really? The Bible is wrong, God has made a mistake?

The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: Joel 2:10  

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. Joel 2:31 

The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. Joel 3:15 

According to renown Hebrew scholars Brown-Driver-Briggs, Kiel & Delitzsch and Strong’s Dictionary the words dark, darkness and darkened are all the same word in the Hebrew text, qâdar which means, …DARK, …absence of light.

Joel 2:11 speaking about the Day of the Lord, tells us:

And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it? 

Yes we know this is describing an invasion of locusts, but like many prophecies they are describing two different events, we need to ask the question, “Can a locust invasion”  cause the heavens to tremble, or the stars to withdraw their shining? Of course not, locusts are not in Heaven or capable of flying outside of the earth’s atmosphere!

Joel 3:15 has already told us:

The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. Joel 3:15 

We also need to consider verse 16 with what Joel 3:15 has already told us concerning the details about the second event of the prophecy:

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16

This verse is not describing a locust invasion, it's telling us about Jesus reigning on His Throne in Jerusalem, the Day of the Lord is when He declares Himself King on the earth, the sun, moon and stars will be dark,…absence of light, because of all the catastrophic events on earth and heaven during the seven years prior, …and like I have already stated, according to God's Word, …the only extraterrestrial light that will shine on earth or in Heaven is the GLORY of our King, ...THE Lord Jesus Christ, …King of KINGS and Lord of LORDS!

Glory Hallelujah!!!

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

18 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: Joel 2:10  

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. Joel 2:31 

According to renown Hebrew scholars Brown-Driver-Briggs, Kiel & Delitzsch and Strong’s Dictionary the words dark, darkness and darkened are all the same word in the Hebrew text, qâdar which means, …DARK, …absence of light.

Joel 2:11 speaking about the Day of the Lord, tells us:

And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it? 

Yes we know this is describing an invasion of locusts, but like many prophecies they are describing two different events, we need to ask the question, “Can a locust invasion”  cause the heavens to tremble, or the stars to withdraw their shining? Of course not, locusts are not in Heaven or capable of flying outside of the earth’s atmosphere!

Joel 3:15 has already told us:

We also need to consider verse 16 with what Joel 3:15 has already told us concerning the details about the second event of the prophecy:

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16

This verse is not describing a locust invasion, it's telling us about Jesus reigning on His Throne in Jerusalem, the Day of the Lord is when He declares Himself King on the earth, the sun, moon and stars will be dark,…absence of light, because of all the catastrophic events on earth and heaven during the seven years prior, …and like I have already stated, according to God's Word, …the only extraterrestrial light that will shine on earth or in Heaven is the GLORY of our King, ...THE Lord Jesus Christ, …King of KINGS and Lord of LORDS!

Glory Hallelujah!!!

Lord bless

Shalom, JustPassingThru.

Well, God DOES expect us to use the brains He gave us! And, He also expects us to use the knowledge He has given to us in our society!

Always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check the context of a passage of Scripture!!!

Joel 2:1-32 (KJV)

1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning (clouds) spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations. 3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. 

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run. 5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array. 6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness. 7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks: 8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded. 9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief. 10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: 11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it? 

12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: 13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil. 14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God? 15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly: 16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet. 17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God? 18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people. 19 Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen: 20 But I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things. 21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. 22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength. 23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. 24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil. 25 And I will restore to you the years that... 

the locust hath eaten, (Hebrew: haggaazaam = the flying, breeding locust)
the cankerworm, (Hebrew: haa'arbeh = the young locust) and
the caterpiller, (Hebrew: hayyaaleq = the nymph jumpers) and
the palmerworm, (Hebrew: hechaaciyl = the scavenger locust)
my great army which I sent among you.

26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. 27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

The context DOES say that this host is a swarm of locusts in all four stages of its life! You've never seen how bad a swarm of locusts can be! I've seen videos of LIGHT years of locust invasions, and even with reduced numbers, they can blot out the sun like a cloud! This invasion was said that "there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations."

Now, let's come together on this and reason this out: What kind of energy would it take to actually "turn off" all the visible stars in our night sky? And, can you imagine what it would take to coordinate that event happening to each star at different distances from our solar system and the earth? Not that God couldn't do it, but can you imagine the intricate details that would be involved to get this done all at the same time as seen from earth?!

There are two ways that a source of light can be extinguished: Either the light itself is "turned off," OR there is some OBSTRUCTION in the way! Now, look at verse 2 above: It's "A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning (clouds) spread upon the mountains" Now, how much easier would it be for a cloud to HIDE the stars all at once?

Now, as far as the earth "quaking," the Hebrew word is "raagzaah," the third-person, feminine, singular form of the Qal Perfect form of the verb "raagaz." (It's third-person, feminine, singular because the noun "erets," meaning "earth" or "land," is feminine, singular.)

776 erets (eh-rets). From an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land)
-- X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X natins, way, + wilderness, world.

7264 raagaz (raw-gaz'). A primitive root; to quiver (with any violent emotion, especially anger or fear)
-- be afraid, stand in awe, disquiet, fall out, fret, move, provoke, quake, rage, shake, tremble, trouble, be wroth.

The "heavens" is the Hebrew word "shaamaayim," which is a DUAL word (not singular or plural), meaning "(two) skies." It's "dual" because there is a daytime sky and there is a nighttime sky.

8064 shaamayim (shaw-mah'-yim). Dual of an unused singular shameh {shaw-meh'}; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve)
-- air, X astrologer, heaven(-s).

And, the word "tremble" is the Hebrew word "raa`ashuw" the third-person, common, plural of the Qal Perfect form of raa`ash

7493 raa`ash (raw-ash). A primitive root; to undulate (as the earth, the sky, etc.; also a field of grain), partic. Through fear; specifically, to spring (as a locust)
-- make afraid, (re-)move, quake, (make to) shake, (make to) tremble.

I believe it has more to do with vibrate, but it could also be the swaying back and forth of the swarm in mid-air! And, the Land (of Israel) shall quiver or move, probably from the coverage of these locusts!

Please don't fall prey to sensationalism. And, avoid universalisms, as well; that is, don't stretch things that have to do with our atmosphere, for instance, to the point where it involves the WHOLE UNIVERSE!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

And when evening comes there still is light.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/24/2019 at 5:12 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Rhetorical?  Positive you do know the Bible is right.  In fact, at times , in places the sun ad the moon and the stars , physically, were already blotted out.   It is very likely to happen again as it did in the past,  notwithstanding that when it happens prophetically, as Yahweh Says,  it will be much more grand ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2019 at 6:58 PM, Retrobyter said:

Now, let's come together on this and reason this out: What kind of energy would it take to actually "turn off" all the visible stars in our night sky? And, can you imagine what it would take to coordinate that event happening to each star at different distances from our solar system and the earth? Not that God couldn't do it, but can you imagine the intricate details that would be involved to get this done all at the same time as seen from earth?!

About as much as it took to create it in a nano-second from absolute nothing Gen 1:1

How BIG is your God?

Since you're all hung up on locusts, what causes the the moon to be dark at night, ...since locusts don't fly at night.

Also you're missing the spiritual aspect of the book, there are three Days of the Lord, one in each chapter, the first chapter was present, historical records prove it, the second chapter was warning of the Assyrian invasion and the third chapter is warning about the final judgement before God.

Chapter one tells us that Father permits catastrophes into our lives to get our attention to turn back to Him.

Chapter two tells us Father sends calamities into our lives to try and wake us up, since the catastrophe didn't.

Chapter three tells us if we didn't listen to Him during the catastrophe and the calamity there is judgement coming.

In chapter one the locust cloud could be the cause for the darkness, ...except at night...

In chapter two it could be smoke from the fires the Assyrians started.

In chapter three it is DARKNESS, how do we know, because Jesus is the only Light of the world, how will he accomplish it, maybe by just turning them off, or maybe shielding them with His Hand like with Moses, who knows, it's in the future and NO ONE knows the future but God.

Lord bless  

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

On 2/20/2019 at 8:07 AM, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

I believe that God will bless it.

Why? because the Jews still love God and desire to do what he commanded in the old testament. If God didn't then I'd think that God would not accept you or have mercy on you because you are believing things that are not inspired of Him.

The building of a temple dedicated to God in all reverency is not an abomination to God. There's no amount of extension of God's mercy in believing such a thing.

Why satan wants to destroy it is because it is acceptable to God as God also accepts the Jews.. regardless that they don't now accept that Jesus is the Savior of the world and God's Messiah.

When Daniel said that sacrifices were offered.. that requires the proper equipment, which requires a temple to house that equipment.

To Christians .. we are the temple of the Holy Spirit. But the Jews during the Tribulation are still operating on the old testament covenant. So a physical temple with all of it's worship furniture is necessary.

As stated in scripture.. it will only be when they see Jesus arriving at his Second Coming.. that they will see him for who he is. But even so.. there are some Jews who do / have accepted Jesus Christ as their Yeshua HaMashiach.

Today I found a blog authored by a modern day Messianic believer.. just like the first century apostle Paul.

They are of the olive tree. We are merely the wild branches that have been grafted in.

Good post! 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

On 2/26/2019 at 5:42 PM, JustPassingThru said:

About as much as it took to create it in a nano-second from absolute nothing Gen 1:1

How BIG is your God?

Since you're all hung up on locusts, what causes the the moon to be dark at night, ...since locusts don't fly at night.

Also you're missing the spiritual aspect of the book, there are three Days of the Lord, one in each chapter, the first chapter was present, historical records prove it, the second chapter was warning of the Assyrian invasion and the third chapter is warning about the final judgement before God.

Chapter one tells us that Father permits catastrophes into our lives to get our attention to turn back to Him.

Chapter two tells us Father sends calamities into our lives to try and wake us up, since the catastrophe didn't.

Chapter three tells us if we didn't listen to Him during the catastrophe and the calamity there is judgement coming.

In chapter one the locust cloud could be the cause for the darkness, ...except at night...

In chapter two it could be smoke from the fires the Assyrians started.

In chapter three it is DARKNESS, how do we know, because Jesus is the only Light of the world, how will he accomplish it, maybe by just turning them off, or maybe shielding them with His Hand like with Moses, who knows, it's in the future and NO ONE knows the future but God.

Lord bless  

I was down wind of Mt. Saint Helens when she blew. In early afternoon it became dark as night. Nothing could be seen in the sky. God can easily douse the lights with a big volcano.

• Thumbs Up 1