• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Politics

The Christian Post previously reported on comments made by Trump regarding his faith at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa.
Clarifying his comments on forgiveness, Trump declared, "I go to communion and that's asking forgiveness, you know, it's a form of asking forgiveness." During the interview the current GOP frontrunner stressed that he "likes to work where he doesn't have to ask forgiveness."
Trump has reiterated on several occasions on the campaign trail his Protestant and Presbyterian background, and more recently, his admiration for his former pastor, Norman Vincent Peale, a popular Reformed minister.

Cooper followed up asking Trump if "asking for forgiveness" is a central tenet in his faith life.
"I try not make mistakes where I have to ask forgiveness," Trump answered.
https://www.christianpost.com/news/trump-why-do-i-have-to-repent-or-ask-for-forgiveness-if-i-am-not-making-mistakes-video.html

Politics

Though he remarked last year that he has never asked God for forgiveness, Donald Trump suggested in an interview published Wednesday that he plans on doing just that.
In an interview with columnist Cal Thomas, Trump was asked, "You have said you never felt the need to ask for God’s forgiveness, and yet repentance for one’s sins is a precondition to salvation. I ask you the question Jesus asked of Peter: Who do you say He is?"

"I will be asking for forgiveness, but hopefully I won’t have to be asking for much forgiveness. As you know, I am Presbyterian and Protestant. I’ve had great relationships and developed even greater relationships with ministers. We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians," Trump said, according to the transcript."In the Middle East — and this is prior to the migration — you had almost no chance of coming into the United States. Christians from Syria, of which there were many, many of their heads … chopped off. If you were a Muslim from Syria, it was one of the easiest places to come in (to the U.S.). I thought that was deplorable."
He added, "I’m going to treat my religion, which is Christian, with great respect and care." 
Thomas concluded by asking, "Who do you say Jesus is?"

"Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence," Trump said. "Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind."
The remarks come days before Trump is scheduled speak before the Faith & Freedom Coalition's conference on Friday in Washington.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-forgiveness-god-224068

Look To Israel For The Answers

Edited by FresnoJoe
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

6 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Interesting replies, since we are all predestined to be conformed into the Image of our Lord Jesus, and I'm certain Jesus loves President Trump, ...kinda shows our advancement in being conformed into His image.

Jesus loved Nero and I'm certain Paul loved Nero too and President Trump compared to Nero makes him look like a choir boy. 

Just saying

Jesus loves everyone, but if they do not repent they will not inherit the kingdom of God. That is what the Bible teaches us. He is an extremely prideful man to the point of self destruction it often times seems.  He is wrathful and careless with speech as well. I pray for him as I would for any leader, but I am not going to lie to you and say he is something that, at the moment at least, he does not appear to be. I already said I don't wish bad for him. Doesn't mean I am gonna lie about his behavior and treat it as acceptable. 

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

4 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Lusting after another man's wife is sin.

Admiring a possible mate is not.

Take captive your thoughts youngin.

Mat  5:28 says it all

• Oy Vey! 1

9 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Was I too stern.?

Forgive me.

It has nothing to do with you being stern, but everything to do with you seemingly implying I condoned murder. In the future when quoting me, it would be nice of you not to put words in my mouth. Trump is a wrathful, careless speaker and serial adulterer who as far as I am aware said he did not need to repent for it. Now that was quite some time ago, perhaps he has, if you have a source please share it. But nothing in his behavior is characteristic of a saved man, and you'd be naive to think people are incapable of lying about what they truly believe. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, pinacled said:

Oh, perhaps you would lay aside discretion in order to accuse a man of sin while condoning murder.

One thing I respect is his strength in speaking outright without hesitation,"No one has the right to murder".

While he is a fallable man surrounded by wicked counsel from those who covet wealth. The man as far as I can see stood and spoke for the innocent.

With that single declaration his heart revealed a decent motive.

That he did do .     But be on guard ,   oh be on guard ,  the right is about to get the deception for they repented not either .

You just wait ,   trump will be sounding out and waving the rainbow flag before you can count to ten .

HE is not what you think .    This is naught but deception .   As the left grew vile and got worse , so they got their delusion , Barrack Obama .

Well the right sold out too .   And they think they got their man .  NOPE .    When false prophets lead the charge like they did with Obama ,   we should know oops.

BUT so too , mega false prophets sung TRUMP right into the non repenting evangelical churches heart .   YALLL ,  ITS DECEPTOIN .

WE GONNA see the colors .   WE gonna see it with our own eyes .

wait for it , for it will come and when we hear these words , REMEMBER FRIENDUFF warned you all  it was coming .

These words , WOULDNT it be nice if all the religions could just get along ,   some kind of positive christanity , blended with religious tolerance .

YOU JUST WAIT and see .   I Told us all , heck I warned us all,   The wooden yoke these false prophets think trump broke off ,   PREPARE for the IRON ONE .

FOR NONE repents and ALL GET WORSE .    Only the elect are doing as they always have , PONTING TO JESUS , calling for repentance and trusting in NO MAN .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Mozart's Starling said:

Jesus loves everyone, but if they do not repent they will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I didn't say he was a Christian, my comment was about how advanced we are in being conformed into the image of Christ, ...out of the heart the mouth speaks.

1 minute ago, JustPassingThru said:

I didn't say he was a Christian, my comment was about how advanced we are in being conformed into the image of Christ, ...out of the heart the mouth speaks.

I apologize for misunderstanding then. And again, for clarity's sake, I sincerely hope he finds God. I don't wish damnation on anyone and I hope he knows His peace. 

• Praise God! 1

Just now, pinacled said:

Oh,

I like your fire. 

But its somewhat misplaced. Ask the Lord were when and how. I imagine when you do so. No one will ever disturb the peace of your heart.

Do you understand?

Yes, no

I honestly am not following. In your earlier quote I took it that you said I called out his sin while condoning murder. I said I never said that. Could you please clarify on that?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Yall,      we need to get out and flee politics .    Things are not as they seem .

Pray for the leaders, but hope in none of them , defend and strive over none of them .

We got a major spiritual battle .  And when it comes to a one world religion or mindset ,  YALL will be shocked to see WHO IS behind it and who all supports it .

Them protestants that cheered trump in ,    THEY IN LEAGUE WITH ROME folks .   I  am telling us all , this is all deception.

They will just divide and divide and then offer the solution ,  and this solution , ALL SIDES SUPPORT IT , THEY ALL IN ON IT .

We are running out of time .   We need to be getting built up IN CHRIST and not striving over LOST POLITICS .    Its all deception and delusion .

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Mozart's Starling said:

I apologize for misunderstanding then. And again, for clarity's sake, I sincerely hope he finds God. I don't wish damnation on anyone and I hope he knows His peace. 

Apology accepted dear brother, ...I think about Nebuchadnezzar in this situation, he had godly counsel around him, but his day came when he was eating grass with the cows, for a season, ...Donald Trump has many godly counselors around him, but he trusts in his riches, when the economy finally crashes and he is broke, bankrupt, hopefully Father will remember our prayers for him and he will repent and trust only in the True and Living God. 

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2