• Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

.....each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has

an interpretation. Let all things be

done for edification. 1Cor. 14:26

In my 44 years as a christian, ive seen only one 'church' operate this way.

And i've been in plenty. Why is that?

Isn't this God's word? Maybe it's not a command. Hold it. Wait a minute.

'If anyone thinks he is a prophet or

spiritual, 

let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's

commands. But if anyone does not

recognize this, he is not recognized'. 1Cor. 14:37-38

Sounds like if believers don't recognize vs. 26, which most 'churches'

do not, then those 'churches'

should not be recognized. So i hope someone answers this rather

than just delete it. 

Also many people believe that a religious looking building is the

'church'.

If that indeed be the case, how can a church building  fit inside

a house? A big house it would have

to be.

But that still raises the question, why would anybody, in their

right mind that is, want to put a

building inside of a house and  then call it a 'church?.

Col. 4:15, Romans 16:5, Philemon 1:2,

Acts 5:42, 1Cor. 16:19, Acts 20:20, Acts2:2.

Just wanna know. Silly me!

Edited 1 hour ago by ejected

Be free! Be blessed!

ejected

•  
  • ejected
  • 722 posts

So it is clear from scripture that God forsook the church....as we know it, as we call it.

And it is what we call it. A physical building. We even boast in some cases about our

fine, well designed 'building'. "Where do you go to church?" proves we esteem

some building as the 'church' that we must not forsake.  And if a christian is

'not going to church', Hebrews 10:25 is pulled like a gun and the non building

attender may get pistol whipped. 

Mark 13:1-2 As He was going OUT OF the temple, one of His disciples said to Him,

"Teacher, behold what wonderful stones and what wonderful BUILDINGS!"

And Jesus said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone will

will be left on another which will not be torn down!" Titus ' Roman army

saw to that in 70 a.d. 

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwells not in temples made with hands...

Psalms 118:22 The Stone that the builders refused is become the Head Stone

of the corner.

Mark 14:58 We heard Him say 'I will tear down this temple which men have

made, and after three days I will build one that is not made by men'.

1Peter 2 :5 you also as living stones are built up as a spiritual house (building).

Each stone alive with spiritual gifts and functions. In organised temples today,

they are required to 'sit on it'. 

vs.7 the stone the builders disallowed. Jesus. Not quite good enough, so men

start the building programs in third century to restore that which God had destroyed. 

Let me say this. A place to gather is good. But what has been built has disallowed

Christ as Head, and replaced Him with a preeminent man. See: 3John. And has

shut down the functionality of the every member participation. In a word, killed

the 'lively' stones. 

Three days later He raised up His own body as the temple. There after,

His followers became part of that temple, a dwelling place for God.....the

true 'church', ekklesia. 

So we fellowship with one another, 2 or 3 gathered together, wherever.

The prohibitive stones and mortar have been removed. But only for those that get it. 

Edited by ejected
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

So it is clear from scripture that God forsook the church....as we know it, as we call it.

And it is what we call it. A physical building. We even boast in some cases about our fine, well designed 'building'. "Where do you go to church?" proves we esteem some building as the 'church' that we must not forsake.  And if a christian is 'not going to church', Hebrews 10:25 is pulled like a gun and the non building attender may get pistol whipped. 

Mark 13:1-2 As He was going OUT OF the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, "Teacher, behold what wonderful stones and what wonderful BUILDINGS!"

And Jesus said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone will will be left on another which will not be torn down!" Titus ' Roman army saw to that in 70 a.d. 

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwells not in temples made with hands...

Psalms 118:22 The Stone that the builders refused is become the Head Stone of the corner.

Mark 14:58 We heard Him say 'I will tear down this temple which men have made, and after three days I will build one that is not made by men'.

1Peter 2 :5 you also as living stones are built up as a spiritual house (building). Each stone alive with spiritual gifts and functions. In organised temples today, they are required to 'sit on it'. 

vs.7 the stone the builders disallowed. Jesus. Not quite good enough, so men start the building programs in third century to restore that which God had destroyed. 

Let me say this. A place to gather is good. But what has been built has disallowed Christ as Head, and replaced Him with a preeminent man. See: 3John. And has shut down the functionality of the every member particupation. In a word, killed the 'lively' stones. 

Three days later He raised up His own body as the temple. There after,  His followers became part of that temple, a dwelling place for God.....the true 'church', ekklesia. 

So we fellowship with one another, 2 or 3 gathered together, wherever. The prohibitive stones and motar have been removed. But only for those that get it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 2/22/2019 at 4:28 PM, ejected said:

The prohibitive stones and motar have been removed.

Except many are fixated on buildings.

The bible clearly teaches that we are the church and that we are to meet together, not for our benefit but to benefit others.

Much like in marriage we should be seeking the benefit/good of our spouse, so we should also be working as members of a church.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 2/26/2019 at 2:12 AM, Who me said:

Except many are fixated on buildings.

6 hours ago, Betha said:

The New Temple Jesus is coming to when He returns will be His Converted Bride, glorious and perfect Eph 5v25-27, Rev 19v7,8. 

Greetings ejected, 

Alright, this topic came up, and maybe jumping way too far out into the deep end, but let's try it out. What I'm getting here, going through a semi-scrolled post that tends to confuse me a little bit, and insomnia adds to it, the message is (I think) you're in favor of how the early first century believers gathered themselves together. This was often the case, due to the present persecution that was going on at that point in time. 

In my early experiences as a young Christian, and aside from going to an actual church on Sundays, my mom and I often attended meetings where the numbers were variable in size, from small to fairly large. These were mainly teaching, prayer, and worship services, and I'll always look back in fondness to those moments. This was during the Jesus People Movement, in the early 70's. It was a great period in my life.  

If this is your primary source of what you've got, I see no problem with that. Many prefer it, and seem to get more out of their walk from this type of faith. Still, others prefer a larger established church in a formalized setting. For instance, a particular denomination, etc. My point is, and I'm making it short obviously, wherever you find the Lord, there is He among them. God bless! 

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A heart that is not reborn into s/Spiritual realities cannot separate themselves from the material exist in any form....

20 minutes ago, Betha said:

sorry Dear, who of the 3 people you are addressing are you speaking to?

Hi Bertha, 

Yeah, looks like I stepped into it. Your quote was added, as was Who me as well. It was only to make a point, and not a personal reply. My address was to 'ejected', a member who's been here since 2011. Sorry for any mix-up. Perhaps this is not the practice on this particular portion of the forums here. If so, apologies. Also added to your post was a thumbs up, as it met with positive approval in agreement. God bless!

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles

1 hour ago, Betha said:

How true !  and this also applies to anything else physical/material being foremost in people's mind and heart. Relying on our human senses is death for sure.

God has told us in His infinite ability 

Mark 10:23-27

23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
KJV

The pin point reality 'With God all things are possible' How awesome 'IS' our God AND Worthy to be Worshipped with all heart, mind and abilitiy….

Rev 21:5

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
KJV

1 Cor 2:9-10

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
KJV

Placing the future understanding beyond our imagination >unconnected to what we have began in< leave us in this referenced reality by our Lord

John 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
KJV

The: reliance; the equal plane of all abilities; the pin pointed accuracy of His Word; relegate us all into one simple unity of waiting upon The Lord in obedience to, without allowing affections toward, the things of this world that will permanently pass away but rather we foundation our hearts to that of His Word and the promises therein... No wonder the Spirit of God speaks to our hearts as such

1 Cor 8:2-3

2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
KJV

How a mind could miss the wonder of God's Word as from God by the intricacies of it's build is beyond me!!!

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

Now I dare anyone to make a religion of material things in anyway connected to the future hope of the true religion undefiled....

Okay, so a little post script in addition. Checking topics, and trying to keep in "my place" so to speak, I might post a short commentary here and there. Going back, the wording, grammar, and/or punctuation may be off, and an edit is often made after posting it. As was the case on this topic, and there were others coming in on the process of making attempts. Mine is a little altered, and am feeling regrets already about posting perhaps where it wasn't welcomed or wanted in the first place. That's the feeling I'm getting anyway. 

Now it's all messed up, and the guilt is already settling in. And I'm getting a response or reply now, and don't even know the content thereof. Sorry if it was cause for any confusion. Adding quotations have been noticed in other sections of the forums. However, maybe it would be better to remain in the Welcome section only. Far be it that I've never made claims to any great intellect, or theological conclusions. Just a ordinary believer, with a simplistic faith, and that is all. Trying to watch my step from here on out. God bless!

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Now it's all messed up, and the guilt is already settling in.

Blessings bro, no need to accept the guilt, you are correct in what you have said, and the revival, the Jesus People Movement, so named by the secular press, is still alive and well, having circumvented the world, ...the Central Valley huh, I'm from there too, ...there are many churches in the valley still flourishing and the Lord adding to them daily, one of my favorite Bible teachers pastors a church in Modesto, ...pm me if you need more info.

May the Lord richly bless you

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, so a little post script in addition. Checking topics, and trying to keep in "my place" so to speak, I might post a short commentary here and there. Going back, the wording, grammar, and/or punctuation may be off, and an edit is often made after posting it. As was the case on this topic, and there were others coming in on the process of making attempts. Mine is a little altered, and am feeling regrets already about posting perhaps where it wasn't welcomed or wanted in the first place. That's the feeling I'm getting anyway. 

Now it's all messed up, and the guilt is already settling in. And I'm getting a response or reply now, and don't even know the content thereof. Sorry if it was cause for any confusion. Adding quotations have been noticed in other sections of the forums. However, maybe it would be better to remain in the Welcome section only. Far be it that I've never made claims to any great intellect, or theological conclusions. Just a ordinary believer, with a simplistic faith, and that is all. Trying to watch my step from here on out. God bless!

David/BeauJangles

David we are to address the topics not the poster... so if that does occur it is against the rules of this forum. So take nothing personal as topic is the speaking to and not the individual....