• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

9 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Right.   No worries about evidence.

Sometimes , perhaps often,  no 'wooing' ??  

Remembering FAITH is a GIFT,  granted by the Father Yahweh Creator Sovereign in all things.   

And He shows mercy to whomever He chooses to show mercy.   (Always in complete harmony with ALL HIS WORD) (He never contradicts Himself)

For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

Kehillah in Rome 9:18 (OJB) So then, to whom Hashem wills Hashem shows chaninah (mercy, free grace), but whom Hashem wills he hardens (that is, makes ...

============================

New International Version Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

===========================

Exodus 33:19
"I will cause all My goodness to pass in front of you," the LORD replied, "and I will proclaim My name--the LORD--before you. I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

Romans 9:16
So then, it does not depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

I don't know what you were trying to say there, but I see the passion :)  Via con Dios mi amigo!  :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/24/2019 at 9:12 PM, Pencil24 said:

I think I can admit there is a God.

Untill you are sure there is a God investigating aspects of Gods actions is pointless.

How do you account for the fact that things do exists?

How do you account for life? If you say evolution please explain biogenese and how life got complicated?

Here's a complicated one.

Account for Jesus who was he, what happened to him and why did his followers change?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/25/2019 at 2:33 AM, Jostler said:

I don't know what you were trying to say there, but I see the passion :)  Via con Dios mi amigo!  :)

FAITH is a GIFT,  sheer grace.   With or without any wooing by the Father's Spirit.

Evidence doesn't matter , as you said - (I think) -   FAITH is the assurance of things not seen. 

And FAITH placed in Yahweh and in Jesus by trusting and relying joyously on Yahweh's Word Pleases Him.

Without FAITH, it is impossible to please Him.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

FAITH is a GIFT,  sheer grace.   With or without any wooing by the Father's Spirit.

Evidence doesn't matter , as you said - (I think) -   FAITH is the assurance of things not seen. 

And FAITH placed in Yahweh and in Jesus by trusting and relying joyously on Yahweh's Word Pleases Him.

Without FAITH, it is impossible to please Him.

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

imprecise wording..."woo"...."draw"  this is the verse I was alluding to by using "wooing"
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 2/24/2019 at 4:12 PM, Pencil24 said:

I am just curious as to how anyone here truly knows that Creation is True and the Flood actually happened. Not because someone told you but that you know for sure from your own research. I think I can admit there is a God. Sometimes I have problems believing Genesis. Any suggestions are comments I welcome. 

Be aware, there is much to read online and off, and massive piles of evidence for Creation and against it, and for Noah's Flood and against it. What does that mean for us?

1) Understand that the "world" and current secular teachers are against spirituality in the West, and a literal Bible

2) Understand that prayer helps, immersing yourself in God's Word help, and reading good sites online, like Creation.com

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, Jostler said:
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

imprecise wording..."woo"...."draw"  this is the verse I was alluding to by using "wooing"

I had thought a bit about the word 'entreat' or similar,   then just now looked up the word draw per blue letter bible dot com.

Jas 2:6But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court?

It appears somewhat contrasted / different / than either entreat or woo.. much more 'force'? involved in God's drawing.....

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1670&t=ESV

Which reminds me of how God "THRUSTS" laborers (i.e. forcibly) into the field right after Jesus Says "Pray" the Father for laborers for the harvest is ready...

God's Word to ponder .....   the source of life and strength for our bones  .....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

On 2/25/2019 at 5:58 AM, Jayne said:

I was a science teacher for a while and I love genuine and true science.  True science and my Christian faith do not conflict.

Hi Jayne,

I believe you.

But why didn't you support your claims giving sources and links? So anyone can look and verify if, according to science, that Pangaea continent you speak of was really there at the time Noah was alive ... or if it broke up way before Noah was even born.

Look, in general I really like very much what you say. You take the Bible literally and I appreciate this very much. For me, this is the same as taking God seriously and I praise God that so many people understanding the Bible like this can be found here. Really.

This is how discussing Bible makes sense, I think.

There is just one other point to consider:

Atheists currently don't post here. It's because there were banned altogether or because of some other reason. If they are being banned altogether, then you can't have a reasonable debate concerning science I think. Science, as I understand it, is in need of openness to diverging opinions. But if the non-believing side can't say anything, here?

I mean you truely can have fantastic theologic debating without atheists being present, fantastic fellowship without them, or reunions in prayer or whatever... but there is one thing you can't have with them being banned right from the start: a reasonable debate on scientific topics that's open minded.

Wouldn't you agree?

But I agree with you, science can be very interesting...

Best regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, thomas t said:

I mean you truely can have fantastic theologic debating without atheists being present, fantastic fellowship without them, or reunions in prayer or whatever... but there is one thing you can't have with them being banned right from the start: a reasonable debate on scientific topics that's open minded.

Wouldn't you agree?

NO!!!

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Tim 6:20

Why?

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.  2 Tim 2:16

You ask for proof, you want documentation? Open your eyes Thomas, ungodliness is rampant all around this world, especially in Germany, ...how's the vain babblings of the immigrants working out for you, I mean, ...why don't you try to have a theological debate with them, ...then come back and tell is how it went. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Open your eyes Thomas, ungodliness is rampant all around this world, especially in Germany, ...how's the vain babblings of the immigrants working out for you, I mean, ...why don't you try to have a theological debate with them, ...then come back and tell is how it went.

Hi JPT,

well, Germany is a secular country, so what do you expect.

Vain babblings of immigrants, you say? Just being immigrant doesn't mean that their babblings are vain. They do make a valid point sometimes, just like anyone else does, too.

So far, I've been really impressed by the deepness of faith discussing with Christian immigrants from the Middle East, for example.

One friend of mine converted after having had a dream featuring Jesus himself, she says. He spoke to her in a dream, she says. Quite interesting. She's coming from a 100% Muslim background, all her family is Muslim.

But anyway, my post wasn't about theological debates with immigrants.

It was about science. I stay with my opinion. Secular scientists and secular commentators of science can of course be valid contributors... when it comes to science. I'm currently using a computer - designed by non-believing scientists I guess. It works well, I give thanks to God.

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

You ask for proof, you want documentation?

When you make a claim about science, back it up, please.

Regards,

Thomas

Edit:

JPT, I just didn't realize what you mean with your post. Now, I'm thinking you mean that you read 1 Timothy 6:20 in a way that what secular scientists say is rubbish by default, and what Christian scientists say is wonderful by default? This, in my opinion, is not what this verse tells. This verse is about what was called "gnosis" 2000 years ago. This is the Greek word used by that verse. There is absolutely no distinction as to who is telling something about that "gnosis" found in that verse.

gnosis
gno'-sis

from 1097; knowing (the act), i.e. (by implication) knowledge:

knowledge, science.

Entry 1097

Source: Strongs dictionary

Edited by thomas t
see below edit line

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Jayne,...…………….

I agree that all people should be able to discuss this  - believers with non-believers.  Sometimes non-believers can discuss with integrity and sometimes they can't - they are only wishing to mock.

AND sometimes Christians can discuss with integrity and sometimes they are only looking to argue like a bunch of rams butting each other in the head.

I understand  your point exactly.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1