• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Tim 6:20

Why?

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.  2 Tim 2:16

True.   Not really 'science' it seems - that is not only so-called science.

Online debates and forums of the unrighteous spawned an overwhelming increase into more and more ungodliness everywhere it is allowed,  and some places it is not allowed, but happens anyway.

==================
"Study Bible

"Final Guidance
19 treasuring up for themselves a firm foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life. 20

O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you.

Avoid

irreverent chatter and the opposing arguments of so-called “knowledge,”

21 which some have professed and thus swerved away from the faith. Grace be with you all.…

3 hours ago, thomas t said:

When you make a claim about science, back it up, please.

The Bible makes many claims,  all true.   Since no one is higher nor greater than Yahweh, nor even remotely close, 

there's really nothing else to appeal to,  in what Yahweh Says,  that would make any difference at all.

5 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.  2 Tim 2:16

https://biblehub.com/1_timothy/6-20.htm

Acts 17:18,21
Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection

Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1 Corinthians 1:19-23
For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent

From BibleHub:

https://biblehub.com/1_timothy/6-20.htm

"Oppositions of science falsely so called.--Rather, of knowledge falsely so called.

"These "oppositions" have been supposed by some to be a special allusion to some of the Gnostic theories of the opposition between the Law and the Gospel, of which peculiar school, later, Marcion was the great teacher. It is hardly likely that any definite Gnostic teaching had as yet been heard in Ephesus, but there is little doubt that the seeds of much of the Gnosticism of the next century were--when St. Paul wrote to Timothy--being then sown in some of the Jewish schools of Ephesus and the neighbouring cities. (Comp. the allusions to these Jewish and cabalistic schools in St. Paul's letter to the Colossian Church.) The "oppositions"

"here may be understood as referring generally to the theories of the false teachers, who were undermining the doctrine of St. Paul as taught by Timothy."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/24/2019 at 4:12 PM, Pencil24 said:

I am just curious as to how anyone here truly knows that Creation is True and the Flood actually happened. Not because someone told you but that you know for sure from your own research. I think I can admit there is a God. Sometimes I have problems believing Genesis. Any suggestions are comments I welcome. 

There is a book written in 1951, "THE FLOOD, In Light Of The Bible, Geology, And Archaeology" by Alfred M. Rehwinkel

You may be able to find a copy on Amazon. Interesting read. He had sons at an age starting to ask questions that deserved deeper answers and was taken back by the lack of compiled facts about the flood so he did some research and put one together himself.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1979

On 2/24/2019 at 11:12 PM, Pencil24 said:

I am just curious as to how anyone here truly knows that Creation is True and the Flood actually happened. Not because someone told you but that you know for sure from your own research. I think I can admit there is a God. Sometimes I have problems believing Genesis. Any suggestions are comments I welcome. 

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

This water represents information. It gives life to those that thirst for spirit and truth, but can drown those that seek the concerns of the flesh, because their flesh rejects the truth.

In Revelation 12 the dragon uses his own 'flood' of misinformation to try and drown (make spiritually dead) our desire for truth and its children, and I believe its what we are even experiencing today.

Honestly, (I know its an unpopular view for Christians) I don't know if the flood really happened, but I know what it represents: The ones that seek truth and spirit will survive the depths of the waters of information, by the power of God and his Son, who are fishers of men.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 2/24/2019 at 4:12 PM, Pencil24 said:

There is outstanding FOR the Bible OUTSIDE the Bible. Research "fulfilled Bible prophecy" and "Bible archaeological proof", then DECIDE.

Learn and decide whether the Bible is God's Word--it will change your life, your destiny, and your eternity!

God bless.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Flood ?

You mean like bubbulu ?

Noah's flood story is based on Mesopotamian astronomy, nothing more, nothing less

5 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

So the Creator had nothing to do with Noah’s flood?  

-Selah

That's not what I said

Are you aware there are several different " flood " terminologies in ancient literature, none of them referring to an actual flood ?

1 minute ago, SelahSong said:

Are you aware that there was only one Noah’s flood? 

Yup